Annoying Things People Say/Do.

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#16 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

One thing that will always bother me (at best) is when people decide that touching me is okay. I'm not even okay with people I know and trust touching me in any way, let alone some complete stranger (aside from the occasional handshake, and even then I'm not too thrilled).  Example - there was a guy at work who wanted my attention and decided that it was okay to grab hold of my arm. I pulled myself away immediately because that's just not cool and made me really uncomfortable. Obviously that's a bit more extreme, but even smaller scale stuff really really bothers me. You don't need to touch me to get my attention. Seriously, a simple 'excuse me' works miracles. It's astonishing how many people don't understand this. ._.

In a similar vein, you don't need to be directly in my face when talking to me. Just back off a little, give me a little space and we're cool. I'll usually back off and they'll get the idea, but there are folks who will just step closer when I back off. It's seriously uncomfortable to have someone that close. I don't get why some folks think they need to be that close to talk to me. >_>

Anyway, those are my two. There's some others, but they've already been posted so I won't bother repeating. :P

If you can't feel someone practically slobbering on you, they're not getting their message across!
  • SpacemanDan and Russ like this

#17 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

I find it annoying when people recount stories that are not even true to defend themselves or put down others. I've known people to recount events that never even happened to judge my behavior and how I've wronged them and use those fabricated tales to try and establish their correctness.

I'm sorry, but if your story is fictional, that doesn't make you correct or any more justified to put others down.

This gets even more annoying when they are telling everybody else these fabricated stories, then you find yourself answering for wrong doings that you've never even done. 

• Jared likes this

#18 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:25 PM

I hate it when people defend things that are indefensible, out of either fanboyism, or partisan politics.  Probably best I don't get more specific.

• Logos likes this

#19 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:57 PM

I hate how nobody takes lighthearted-ness and everyone is 'so uptight' like they get a stick up their ass.'

I hate when people are always trying to 1-up on my mistakes and make me look bad when i don't mean to be rude.

That goes along with being lighthearted most the time in my replies. 

-Even though some people can't understand my cheerful  tone of voice through the otherside of the screen. 

Yes i get a little spiteful back only when they start trying to make an example of me to provoke me and lead me into a dino-pit trap to hurt me to get them into high positions or promotions or whatever, yes, - you know who you are.'

Because they invoke it out of me, i can get like a berserker at times.

But they should always double-check before they go all out at me because most likely i am mostly a lighthearted person

my jokes may not be perfect or the best as a reptile sometimes, but my instincts are always good intentioned in the end anyways.

.. However I can be quite a fire-breather dragoness at times if you make me.  

I am like a tool /a weapon - use me right, don't drop me on the floor constantly.

That always annoys me if you mistreat me.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 01 November 2015 - 06:04 PM.

• Dark Ice Dragon and Logos like this

#20 Logos

Logos

Gnome Child

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:01 PM

I hate it when people act high and mighty on the internet, and when people bring up gamergate.

I don't even know what it is. I'm just sick of hearing people talk about it.

Edited by Logos, 01 November 2015 - 06:03 PM.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#21 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:07 PM

I feel the same way about anything that's all over the place for too long, like anything that goes viral.  Good or bad.  It's so annoying seeing the same thing everywhere you look.  What about other good or hilariously bad things?  

• Jared and Logos like this

#22 DaLink

DaLink

These are my work clothes.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

I hate when people say:

• Ain't. It pisses off my inner grammar nazi. "Ain't" ISN'T a word, technically.
  • Quote-unquote. This is actually incorrect. It's "quote endquote".
  • Um. Just say let me think, um... doesn't help with thinking.

I hate when people do:

• Litter. There's a reason why we have garbage cans, people.
  • Whistle, tap their feet, or snap repeatedly. That is a serious pet peeve.

Edited by DaLink, 02 November 2015 - 05:55 AM.

#23 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:01 PM

Loiter. There's a reason why we have garbage cans, people.

Did you perhaps mean "litter"?  And before anyone steps in and says "I hate it when people correct other people all the time", this was 6 lines after complaining about the grammatical correctness of "ain't".

One thing I can't stand is when people say something like "Don't get me a present", then get pissed when you don't get them a present.

Also, a few Halloween-specific things that piss me of are "My friend couldn't come, could you give me a little extra?", "Come on, Grant, we're friends.  Just one more piece" (particularly if we haven't spoken to each other in years), and "Can I get some for my baby?" (your baby will neither remember this moment nor be able to eat this candy).

#24 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:15 PM

Also on the matter of ain't, keep in mind that language is ultimately defined by subjective consensus.  Meaning that if a word is in common use, and is accepted by most as a word, it, in effect, is a word.

• Jared and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#25 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:21 PM

Whistle, tap their feet, or snap repeatedly. That is a serious pet peeve.

You'd hate me then. I'm easily controlled by music.

#26 Logos

Logos

Gnome Child

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:38 PM

I also dislike it when people perpetuate the console wars and iPhone/android arguments, it's so pointless.

#27 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:16 PM

People who randomly say "PC Master Race".

• Moonbread likes this

#28 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:08 PM

• Please don't stand in front of the door, or places people need to get to.
  • Stop riding bikes, etc. on the pathway.
  • Quit saying gross things while I eat.
  • Seriously stop saying dark disturbing crap while I'm trying to relax.
  • Racism, sexism, bigotry. It needs to go.
  • No, trying to use "no offense" when you type something offensive after it will not soften the blow. 
  • Stop saying "not to complain but..." and then complain.
  • Quit being negative all the time. Please stop saying we can't sugarcoat things. Does a bit of positivity really hurt you.
  • Just stop using the word "overrated" in a negative light to degrade something a lot of people happen to like or once did.
  • Please stop the console wars. They're childish.
  • Quit trying to represent the fanbase. "No one ever wanted this game, damn it!" please stop that.

To add on to this:

• Stop the high and mighty talk.
  • Quit lying. Seriously, I can not tolerate lying at all. I also hate being manipulated. 
  • Just stop the bias. I hate when someone has a bias against a person. Just treat them like any other human being.
  • When you're in a big group of people and there is one guy pretending to be a transformer. Stop that.

• Jared and Erdrick like this

#29 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:33 PM

When I'm hanging out with friends and they can't keep their eyes off their phone.  I don't even have one because I find it rude to be on a phone doing whatever when you're with a friend that you may not see for a few months because of how busy life is.

• nicklegends, Tree and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#30 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:39 PM

When you're in a big group of people and there is one guy pretending to be a transformer. Stop that.

I know, right?? I knew this kid who'd always run down the halls yelling, "AUTOBOTS, MOVE OUT". It was truly an annoying thing.

• coolgamer012345 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users