137 replies to this topic

#1 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

It's about time

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-13256676

News reports on all channels are going crazy. I'm watching it on NBC.

#2 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

Very recent breaking news, but they say he was killed by the US military in a mansion outside of Islamabad, so he was in Pakistan.

#3 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

I surely hope that it's true. If so, then this is a big step forward in this deal. Not saying it's ending terrorism, but it's a big kick to the nuts for the Al Qaeda.

#4 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE(Angeal @ May 1 2011, 10:20 PM) View Post

I surely hope that it's true. If so, then this is a big step forward in this deal. Not saying it's ending terrorism, but it's a big kick to the nuts for the Al Qaeda.

If you got a TV, turn to ANY local news channel, there is coverage out the ass. Also, CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC are covering it too. Obama is about to make an announcement about it.

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

Well they did perform a DNA test. It is 100% confirmed that it is indeed him.

#6 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

Hopefully it is true. They've been after this guy for who knows how long.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

I am so psyched right now. I'm eagerly waiting Obama's announcement. I hope he died a horribly painful death, and I hope we get pictures of him.

#8 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 1 2011, 11:30 PM) View Post

I am so psyched right now. I'm eagerly waiting Obama's announcement. I hope he died a horribly painful death, and I hope we get pictures of him.

I know the guy did some horrible things and killed thousands, but don't you think that's a tad violent. Meh, I've never been the type to wish that kind of harm upon someone. I know, you'd most likely say "he had it coming" or "he deserve it," but still...I'm a non-violent person so...BAH, carry on.

#9 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

I'm glad he's dealt with... But I wish they could have done something more humane. I have about the same feelings as Koh, really. Believe me, I don't like what the man did, but I still don't believe anyone deserves death, even people as bad as him... Anyhow... Just my opinion.

#10 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:40 PM

One less distraction from the real problems that are plaguing this country.

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ May 1 2011, 11:40 PM) View Post
One less distraction from the real problems that are plaguing this country.
Finally, someone comes out and says it. I hate to be "that guy," but I feel that this is barely going to help. When you've got organization after organization that teach others that it's right to hate, you're going to get a lot of people like Bin Laden; some ridiculously stupid, (Or easily fooled, ... ) and some far too crafty for their own good.

Does this help the gas prices go down? Not really. Does this help create a democracy across the middle east? More like enrage those who will take his place and galvanize them toward vengeance, not that they're not already trying.

#12 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

Obama's speech was kind of appropriate, honestly. People, this isn't Christmas (I STEAL ZAIRE'S WORDS YO) and I like that he's able to procure a speech that could boost morale but would keep things in a realistic perspective. Terrorism isn't close to dead, yo.

QUOTE(Russ @ May 1 2011, 10:30 PM) View Post

You know, I'm tempted to make a comment about your religious beliefs, but I'll hold back, buddy. But your comment depresses me, Russ. So very, very much. icon_unsettled.gif

Edit: Just to be clear, making a comment about how you hope he was brutally murdered makes you no better than the terrorists. That goes for anyone.

#13 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(Hunter P Brown @ May 1 2011, 10:26 PM) View Post
If you got a TV, turn to ANY local news channel, there is coverage out the ass. Also, CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC are covering it too. Obama is about to make an announcement about it.
Yeah, just finished up watching the President on CBS News. It is a very good thing to have happen, but there still is plenty of work to do, unfortunately. The least this could be considered, is a beginning of sorts, to the decline of the Al Qaeda.

#14 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 1 2011, 11:30 PM) View Post

*sigh*

You'd think in a civilized culture we could move past barbaric wishes such as this. I really hope I'm not the only one who finds celebrating death (no matter who's death) is morbid by itself, but when you bring in such adjectives as horrible and painful? Please...reconsider your outlook on some things.

#15 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

I agree that this isn't going to change anything. I mean, he's responsible for 9/11, but what has he done recently? Nothing much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users