Nibiru

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#16 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:51 PM

The whole thing sounds like a prank that somebody made to support the end of the earth in 2012 theory. However, if it does come, it will be neat. I mean, getting a full polar shift would be awesome! All compasses would point south. And, it would also prove the rapid decay threory of earth maginetic shield to be true, thus supporting the creation threory. But I'm digressing. I don't think this thing will come, but if it does, I wouldn't be very surprised.

#17 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:03 PM

Oh. The Earth will go through a polar shift. It's inevitable. It just not going to cause the mayhem that doomsdayers say is going to happen. In fact it is proven that the Earth has reversed polarity quite a few times and we're still here.
I just believe the next shift is believed to take place around 2012.
The problem with this is, people that believe the end is coming then are taking the "reverse polarity" the wrong way, thinking the Earth will either stop spinning or flip completely over. Which is not the case. If and when the reversal takes place, life will continue quite unaffected like it is now. Nobody but scientists will know it had actually occurred because you won't see anything happen.

#18 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:09 PM

One party of hardheaded individuals with no sense of reality, myself included please. Those are the only ones that can stop this thing. You mentioned australians being able to see it right now. ...HOW close is this thing? >_>

Edited by Old-skool, 22 February 2008 - 02:12 PM.

#19 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:16 PM

I... I'm speechless...
I KNOW that this is true... no, not like that... but..
Ever got that feeling, that somthing BIG is going to happen?
I MEAN somthing big... BIG...
O've had that feeling lately... and...
No, I'm not saying this is true.. cause I don't actually know that... I just feel it... Now, I'mnot thinking that this will happen at any specific date.. but I think it'll happen in my lifetime.
Get ready folks... it's happening... ''sience'' or not...
Forget logic... this is ''reality''...live with it... you don't have a choice...

#20 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(rocksfan13 @ Feb 22 2008, 02:03 PM) View Post

Oh. The Earth will go through a polar shift. It's inevitable. It just not going to cause the mayhem that doomsdayers say is going to happen. In fact it is proven that the Earth has reversed polarity quite a few times and we're still here.
I just believe the next shift is believed to take place around 2012.
The problem with this is, people that believe the end is coming then are taking the "reverse polarity" the wrong way, thinking the Earth will either stop spinning or flip completely over. Which is not the case. If and when the reversal takes place, life will continue quite unaffected like it is now. Nobody but scientists will know it had actually occurred because you won't see anything happen.

It won't happen in 2012. In fact, it actually will, but not all of a sudden. The pole shifts are very slow processes. The magnetic poles are moving as we speak, but very, very slowly.
http://en.wikipedia....gnetic_reversal

#21 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(Old-skool)
One party of hardheaded individuals with no sense of reality, myself included please. Those are the only ones that can stop this thing.
And Bruce Willis! You'll never do it without him!

#22 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Feb 22 2008, 11:16 AM) View Post

I... I'm speechless...
I KNOW that this is true... no, not like that... but..
Ever got that feeling, that somthing BIG is going to happen?
I MEAN somthing big... BIG...
O've had that feeling lately... and...
No, I'm not saying this is true.. cause I don't actually know that... I just feel it... Now, I'mnot thinking that this will happen at any specific date.. but I think it'll happen in my lifetime.
Get ready folks... it's happening... ''sience'' or not...
Forget logic... this is ''reality''...live with it... you don't have a choice...

As a matter of fact, I do have a feeling something big is going to happen. It's creepy.

QUOTE(Siguy @ Feb 22 2008, 11:31 AM) View Post

It won't happen in 2012. In fact, it actually will, but not all of a sudden. The pole shifts are very slow processes. The magnetic poles are moving as we speak, but very, very slowly.
http://en.wikipedia....gnetic_reversal

Actually, if the Rapid Decay theory is true, a sudden catastrophe like a large volcanic eruption could makes the magnetic poles reverse faily quickly.

#23 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(russadwan @ Feb 22 2008, 02:55 PM) View Post

As a matter of fact, I do have a feeling something big is going to happen. It's creepy.
Actually, if the Rapid Decay theory is true, a sudden catastrophe like a large volcanic eruption could makes the magnetic poles reverse faily quickly.

The Mayans wouldn't be able to predict that, though. Their calendar is based on astronomy, not geology.

#24 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(Siguy @ Feb 22 2008, 11:58 AM) View Post

The Mayans wouldn't be able to predict that, though. Their calendar is based on astronomy, not geology.

True, very true. I think the Mayans might have seen this thing, and predicted when it would come around again. That would explain the 2012 thing. Then again, the planet might not even exist.

#25 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:32 PM

Yes. "the planet might not even exist" is a great explanation. But even better is "the planet doesn't exist" because that would be 100% true.

#26 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:33 PM

I'm going to do some research on this and see what I come up with.

#27 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(russadwan @ Feb 22 2008, 03:33 PM) View Post

I'm going to do some research on this and see what I come up with.

http://www.badastron...netx/index.html

#28 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Feb 22 2008, 01:35 PM) View Post

And Bruce Willis! You'll never do it without him!

Actually I was thinking like an RPG.

#29 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(Siguy @ Feb 22 2008, 12:53 PM) View Post

Good point. I guess it is just a hoax.

#30 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(russadwan @ Feb 22 2008, 01:55 PM) View Post

You need to see a musical called Avenue Q. In particular the last song: For now.

We have an inborn desire to have something big happen to us, or to feel like we're important, though we should really just look for the glory in everyday occurrences. Of course something big is going to happen, that's history. Waiting for it is rather silly though because chances of you playing any role in it are so slim that you're pretty much wasting your time waiting for it.

The entire basis for the existence on this planet is completely off an interpretation of Babylonian scripture where Zach used astronomy to describe the events that the scriptures said gods did. End of the world eh? If this thing comes around every 3600 years, why hasn't it hit us before?

It's just some people trying to manipulate facts and astronomy to create pointless conspiracy theories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users