Photo

Screenshot of the Week 90

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:35 AM

off topic
Since Jonathan got an extra H in his name so many times, it's only fair that I misspell the other contestants' names.

wow thats probably one of the nicest things anyone here has done for me icon_razz.gif thanks

Radien - Its time like these when I get discouraged from making tiles... when I see you do that I ask myself, "Whats the point of me even trying? Ill never compare to that" =p Awsome job!

whats the point of giving up?with practice anyone could make good tiles,also i think a persons mood can change the way they make tiles

oh and i suck drawing mountians i wont lie icon_sweat.gif

#32 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:18 AM

You're actually going to install a heating lamp? icon_lol.gif Be sure to melt the snow around it, it only makes sense.

Radien, that is who the boss reminds me of. You're right about Ninentdo reusing some bosses again. How many times have Links fought giant worms and pigs? Far too many.

#33 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:34 AM

I went with Jonathon John (not Johnathon.. or whatever icon_razz.gif ) cause all the shading and the way the backround came together was awesome icon_biggrin.gif ! All the custom trees... with their little shadings ^_^ . And that pile of snow... icon_lol.gif cactus.

Radien's was also great. That lava was... icon_drool.gif . And that custom boss... icon_drool.gif . But, the whole shot didn't seem to come together like John's... but it was like this> || close icon_wink.gif .

Phosphorescent: I just didn't like the Pure graphics... I think I might be able to define Pure graphics. Tiles with black lines around everything. But, your shot was also awesome. I liked all the wrecked houses and the smoke icon_biggrin.gif !

But, John's won my vote, nontheless. Great job to everyone user posted image !

EDIT: Now I understand the mistake. His name is Jonathon... without the 'h' icon_lol.gif . My bad, dude icon_wink.gif .

Edited by blaster_master, 30 May 2005 - 11:25 PM.

#34 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:51 PM

Radien, that lava looks amazing. What is that thing anyway. Some sort of miniboss, I'm guessing, 'cause you said that your Fire Temple boss was Volvagia.

#35 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:17 PM

I think it is from a Playstation game he got from a rom..It seems to be TOO realistic to be made it ZQuest.

Also,Why are you always saying all the surprises of Radiens DoR quest? Can't you keep it to yourself? All the time You ask him a question in public (in posts) all the time. icon_sweat.gif

Edited by DragonBoy, 28 May 2005 - 09:17 PM.

#36 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:23 PM

If it was supposed to be a suprise, Raiden wouldn't have submitted it as a shot. He's just putting 2 and 2 together icon_shrug.gif

I voted for Radien. Pure badass, man. Pure.

#37 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:34 AM

Null voted. Personally I'm tired of seeing the same people win SotW time after time. No offense personally to anyone.

Edited by FireStorm, 29 May 2005 - 10:34 AM.

#38 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:37 AM

SoS:

Yes, true. Some are overused. But not all of them... and nostalgia is often a good thing, especially if they find completely new takes on old ideas.

Blaster Master:

Having a black outline is a specific technique (a rather cartoony one). Often it makes it look too overdefined, but sometimes it looks better and is much easier to draw. The thing is, whichever you choose to do, it's usually best not to vary it too much... i.e. with Minish Cap and Wind Waker.

zmaster:

Um... why a miniboss?... Yeah, this is in fact based on Volvagia, but I may call it "Barba" (the Zelda 2 lava dragon's name) since Volvagia was killed by Link in OoT.

Dragonboy:

Keep this in mind: guessing something doesn't really count as spoiling a surprise. Anyone who guesses, could be guessing wrong. icon_razz.gif Also, if I want something to remain secret, I know how to keep a secret, thanks. icon_wink.gif Questions are fine; curiosity is human nature.

By the way, about Playstation graphics: technically, no these aren't ripped from a PS1 game, but you're on the right track. They are based on the lava from a game called Alundra. However, I drew it all by sight, because I found that getting dumped PSX graphics would be more trouble than it was worth.

Firestorm:

Sorry if it bugs you...but I don't tend to submit to SOTW every week, and this particular submission has been in the works for over two months, what with all its components. icon_shrug.gif

#39 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:08 PM

Do I even need to announce it? Radien is our winner for Screenshot of the week 90. Congratulations!

I will post SotW 91 next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#40 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:54 AM

is it possible to submit before that time, or are you done taking submissions? (yes, I'm considering entering)

#41 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:25 AM

Not at all. Please keep them coming.

#42 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:55 PM

Did you get mine? I sent it in about a week ago...

#43 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

Yes I did. I have 3 as of right now.

#44 ZeldaLord

ZeldaLord

Legendary Hero

• Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:50 PM

Wow, difficult choice. icon_biggrin.gif

Quality has definitely gone up since I left.
Radien's lava tiles are awesome, but the sheer amount of custom tiles in Jonathan's shot wins my vote. icon_smile.gif

#45 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:21 PM

I vote for Phosphorescent. The other ones are good, but I just don't see how they could win.

I don't really like the snow.

Radien's is good, but it just doesnt fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users