Too Loud!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:30 AM

For some reason, about half of the times I boot up my Computer, it makes a really loud humming sound. It stops after about a minute, though. Does this indicate something wrong?

YAYZ! I have all last posts in the General Forums.

#2 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:37 AM

Check the fan. Depending on how long you've had it, it could be due to a lot of dust, thus causing the fan to... er, hum.
Either that, or get a can of compressed air and spray the thing down. Should clear out most of the dust and possibly fix your problem.

#3 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:17 AM

A lot of machines run the processor and power supply fans at full blast during the start-up diagnostic tests. If it takes literally a minute though, check to make sure you don't have a disc in a drive that is spinning up.

#4 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:13 PM

If it's too loud, you're too old.

...or maybe your computer is too old. Yeah, you should probably check the fan, just like these two blokes suggested.

#5 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 24 December 2007 - 03:05 PM

My old computer used to do that. Sometimes it means you need a new ATX-compatible power supply.

Who knows? icon_shrug.gif Maybe you should blow it with compressed air, like Noir suggested.

#6 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:48 AM

I got some compressed air, and that did the trick. My god! There must have been a quarter inch of dust in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users