Dreams Realm Help Thread

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#226 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 22 January 2024 - 10:56 AM

I can't go up on the left side of that screen, I am trying to get to the screen to the right of it so I can get through the block I just opened. From the start how would I get to the screen 1 screen right of the one on the image?

Oh I meant from the first screen in the dungeon, go up, up, right, left, and then left.

#227 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 January 2024 - 12:16 PM

that was it, was hoping that last small key would bring me to the big key. But I just ended up in an infinite loop and now I am really confused

unless I am missing something doesn't appear as if that last key was even needed.

Edited by csharporbflat, 22 January 2024 - 12:18 PM.

#228 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 22 January 2024 - 12:27 PM

that was it, was hoping that last small key would bring me to the big key. But I just ended up in an infinite loop and now I am really confused

unless I am missing something doesn't appear as if that last key was even needed.

Me playing the dungeon. That should help: https://www.youtube....uPQFcO&index=44

#229 connor.clark

connor.clark

Junior

• ZC Developers

Posted 22 January 2024 - 09:57 PM

I have noticed that both Useless Old Man Wisdom and Demonlink have noticed a sound imbalance with the background music. I have noticed a version specific problem with the sound balance. If you play the quest in ZC2.53 the background music is significantly better balanced. I tested playing both the quest file with the 2.53 in the name in ZC2.55 as well as the quest file with the 2.55 in the name in the newest nightly build of ZC2.55 and could hear the sound imbalance. I do not know how they changed the sound settings when they went from ZC2.53 to ZC2.55. Note that you can still download a version of ZC2.53 from the archives. I tested the ZC2.53 downloaded from archive 3 and the sound is balanced in that version.

A fast test to check the sound balance is to play until you get the sword and try tapping the wall in the cave in the first town with your sword.

Later edit: so I looked at the version history of ZC2.55 and noticed that starting with version 2.55alpha117 they had different music mixing. I went back and did the above test to check the music balance in 2.55alpha111 and the music balance seemed to better than with 2.55alpha120. My guess is that this could be a factor in the music balance.

This is due to the "digi volume" found in the Sound dialog is no longer reducing the volume of OGG music in 2.55.

The reason is technical: digi volume reduces the volume of all non-MIDI music played by Allegro 4, but additionally the "enhanced music" volume control also reduces the volume of music. Recently we switched OGG to be played by Allegro 5 instead of Allegro 4, for which digi volume does not apply. So only the "enhanced music" volume control applies for OGG now.

BTW, we are removing "digi volume" from the Sound menu, as it is a confusing knob that applies to only some music formats. So for controlling volume levels, there will just be enhanced music, MIDI, and SFX.

#230 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 January 2024 - 08:59 PM

Can someone please explain the intended method for fighting the magmarite boss? I have a general idea of what im supposed to do, but the hitbox on the tail seems to only register a hit whenever it feels like it, regardless of how spot on my aim is. 

#231 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 26 January 2024 - 09:26 PM

Can someone please explain the intended method for fighting the magmarite boss? I have a general idea of what im supposed to do, but the hitbox on the tail seems to only register a hit whenever it feels like it, regardless of how spot on my aim is. 

Iron chain and make the path go in a X shape. I hitbox is weird because of ffc limitations. 

#232 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 January 2024 - 09:33 PM

thank you. boss is down

edit: 16 heart contact damage is insane lol

Edited by chocobothief12, 26 January 2024 - 09:33 PM.

#233 Neobullseye

Neobullseye

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 February 2024 - 06:22 PM

Okay, so I might be a complete idiot, but what am I supposed to do in/around Level 4?

Spoiler

EDIT 2: Never mind, got it.

EDIT 3: Well, new question, I guess. I just beat Level 4: can I now beat the side dungeon in the same general area, or do I need to come back later?

Edited by Neobullseye, 14 February 2024 - 05:48 PM.

#234 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 17 February 2024 - 02:24 PM

Since you finished Level 4, you can do few things.

Getting the Blue Tunic if you didn't already have the Blue Tunic.

Exploring the Ruins of Miracle (otherwise unbeatable without the flippers) a little more to get a great reward.

Or you can go stright to the Windy Valley, and make your way to Level 5.

You can also try to go to areas previously unaccessible due to the water, and find heart pieces in your way there.

#235 Neobullseye

Neobullseye

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 February 2024 - 05:52 PM

Since you finished Level 4, you can do few things.

Getting the Blue Tunic if you didn't already have the Blue Tunic.

Exploring the Ruins of Miracle (otherwise unbeatable without the flippers) a little more to get a great reward.

Or you can go stright to the Windy Valley, and make your way to Level 5.

You can also try to go to areas previously unaccessible due to the water, and find heart pieces in your way there.

Whoops. Sorry, I missed your reply. Either way, after beating Level 6, I am officially getting annoyed with the sheer amount of back-and-forthing I have to do within each area and dungeon, so I'm not sure if I'm going to complete this quest. Probably not. Like, I'm fine with exploring, that's not the issue. It's just that I feel the game is wasting my time, or so to speak; stuff is taking WAY longer than it really should.

Edited by Neobullseye, 17 February 2024 - 06:48 PM.

#236 NumberX1

NumberX1

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 February 2024 - 08:57 PM

How do you save in this game without dying, I want to save my progress without having to die

#237 Neobullseye

Neobullseye

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 February 2024 - 05:12 AM

How do you save in this game without dying, I want to save my progress without having to die

Escape > End Game (Or F6 for the shortcut version) brings up the exact same menu as when you died, allowing you to either use Continue to quickwarp to the entrance of the current location or to save without dying. As a general rule, this works in almost every quest, including this one.
Note, however, that some quests have that disabled and force you to use specific Save Points instead, so don't get it worked into muscle memory too much.

#238 NumberX1

NumberX1

• Members

Posted 24 February 2024 - 03:50 PM

help I'm stuck and don't know where to go. I've just got to the dream world and I can't seem to find the path I need to progress.

#239 Neobullseye

Neobullseye

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 February 2024 - 05:05 AM

help I'm stuck and don't know where to go. I've just got to the dream world and I can't seem to find the path I need to progress.

Solution posted in ascending spoilerness. Only open the next spoiler if the previous one didn't help you.

Spoiler level 1:

Spoiler

Spoiler level 2:

Spoiler

Spoiler level 3:

Spoiler

Spoiler level 4 (the outright solution):

Spoiler

Note: There will be a whole bunch of caves and switches around the place; those you will simply need to find by exploring.

#240 NumberX1

NumberX1

• Members

Posted 27 February 2024 - 10:34 PM

I can't seem to progress in the ruin of miracles because all path lead to a dead end, can anybody show some other entrances to the ruins

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users