Photo

Wanting to know the validity of a certain website.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Forgive me for the lack of context and content in this thread, but I'm curious as to the validity and credibility of PCHub. A while back ago, my laptop's AC adapter (I believe) started to fail, and I'm in need of an exact replacement - after checking my AC adapter's model, I searched the internet far and wide for a replacement, and it led me to that website. Thing is, I've never heard of that site, so I'm a bit wary of purchasing anything from it.

So. Does anyone have any experience with this site? Or know much of anything about it?

By the way, the AC adapter in question, if anyone wants to help me find it on an alternative (and credible) website. Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by Skipper, 06 March 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

I don't know that particular website. Then again, I purchase my stuff from German online shops, living in Germany and all. Anyways, I think you could safely get the adapter from that site for two reasons:

1) You only have to pay once you get the thing.
2) It comes with guarantee (spelling?) so you can just send it back if it's a fail and get your money back.

At least this should be a given, from the perspective of the legal system.

#3 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(Sheik @ Mar 6 2013, 04:09 PM) View Post
I don't know that particular website. Then again, I purchase my stuff from German online shops, living in Germany and all. Anyways, I think you could safely get the adapter from that site for two reasons:

1) You only have to pay once you get the thing.
2) It comes with guarantee (spelling?) so you can just send it back if it's a fail and get your money back.

At least this should be a given, from the perspective of the legal system.

All right, thanks for the perspective. I know it sounds shallow, but I have a hard time trusting websites with clipart-esque .jpg files, 90's-era .gif files, and image compression artifacts everywhere.

Regardless, I think I'll purchase this with my next paycheck.

#4 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Buying the Chinese made one would be worse. They tend to run really hot.

#5 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

The site's gotten mixed reviews. Lots of complaints about slow shipping (as in a month or more) and poor customer service.

It's a common sort of cord; you can get an identical or equivalent one lots of places. Amazon has tons of them. Newegg does too, but it's not as obvious there which ones are compatible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users