Photo

How do you get a Gengar in Pokemon Blue?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

I'm playing a Pokemon Blue rom using Visualboy Advance, (Gameboy Advance emulator if you didn't know) and some Pokemon, (Such as Gangar, Alakazam, Machamp, ect.) need to be traded to get. How do I do that using an emulator? Or is there a trainer that trades you one of these Pokemon? I NEED THESE POKEMON!

Thanks! ~Keiichi.

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

Google VBA Link. That's a GBA emulator that allows you to link two emulators (two windows you open on the same desktop). It's not that hard even, but it takes a while to set it up. You will find instructions on the site of VBA Link, though.

I'm not sure just how "legal" this topic is, considering it's about a rom, technically.

Edited by Yoshimi, 25 July 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

It's not asking for ROMs or sharing them, it's merely asking about emulators, so the topic's perfectly fine. icon_wink.gif

#4 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(Yoshimi @ Jul 25 2012, 02:36 PM)  

Google VBA Link. That's a GBA emulator that allows you to link two emulators (two windows you open on the same desktop). It's not that hard even, but it takes a while to set it up. You will find instructions on the site of VBA Link, though.

I'm not sure just how "legal" this topic is, considering it's about a rom, technically.

Thanks a lot Yoshimi! Now I can finally get my beloved Alakazam! That is if it works, haven't even tried it yet icon_razz.gif

#5 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

Firstly, it's Gengar xD. Secondly, it is possible to link with others over the internet using that, but it has to be done properly, and their firewall (and yours) has to allow passage.

#6 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(Koh @ Jul 25 2012, 02:50 PM)  

Firstly, it's Gengar xD.

Good find icon_razz.gif

Anyway, I've ran into another problem. When opening my Pokemon Blue ROM in VBA link, it doesn't load the save data. It says, "New Game" instead of, "Continue".

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

http://www.youtube.c...;feature=fvwrel

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Just so you know, I'm pretty sure VBA Link's multiplayer thing only works with GBA games, so I doubt you'll be able to use it for Pokemon Blue.

#9 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jul 25 2012, 03:06 PM)  

Just so you know, I'm pretty sure VBA Link's multiplayer thing only works with GBA games, so I doubt you'll be able to use it for Pokemon Blue.

I might not work. As I said above, it didn't load the save file when I opened Pokemon Blue.

#10 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

I know that I have traded Pokémon on FireRed (seriously, what an uninspired, stupid name) via VBA Link and have never tried it for the GB classics so what Russ says might well be true. If you really want these Pokémon and don't want to use Gameshark Cheats or whatever (again, Google is your friend) than you could restart your game on FireRed or LeafGreen (these names...).

#11 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(Yoshimi @ Jul 25 2012, 03:30 PM)  

I know that I have traded Pokémon on FireRed (seriously, what an uninspired, stupid name) via VBA Link and have never tried it for the GB classics so what Russ says might well be true. If you really want these Pokémon and don't want to use Gameshark Cheats or whatever (again, Google is your friend) than you could restart your game on FireRed or LeafGreen (these names...).

I guess starting from the begging in FireRed/LeafGreen would be the only solution. Thanks anyway guys!

#12 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Another option would be to do the Mew Glitch to try to get them. I know it works on the cartridges and I believe I got at least a Gengar there years ago through it.

#13 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

I ment to suggest this too but couldn't find the proper link with the description so I decided to just let it be. I know I've stumbled upon it on Google once but I did a 5 minute search and no luck with a list with all the Pokémon and the SPEC requirements.

Edited by Yoshimi, 25 July 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#14 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

Would it be possible to edit the memory directly to change your Haunter into a Gengar? I don't know how complicated that process would be for Pokemon, but I've pulled that on some other games I play just for the lulz.

#15 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(HylianGlaceon @ Jul 25 2012, 05:23 PM)  

Another option would be to do the Mew Glitch to try to get them. I know it works on the cartridges and I believe I got at least a Gengar there years ago through it.

Um, Mew glitch only gets you Mew. icon_razz.gif You're thinking of MissingNo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users