48 replies to this topic

#1 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

Master Of Amy Rose Series

• Members

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:10 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=owOeskmfUHgPart 1 Im Blue....Da Bu Di Ba Da

https://www.youtube....?v=MrZNNURYiNc Part 2 Challenge Accepted

Randomizer Super Version is a quest made by HeroOfFire.  This quest consists of a lot of dungeons and a lot of items.  You never know what you will get.  While I have been known to do races with this quest, I decided to do an LP of a run of it myself.

• Eddy and KingPridenia like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:52 AM

I see you got to this before I did :P

Good luck getting through this quest, it's gonna be quite a ride.

#3 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:56 PM

This should be renamed to "Knuckles' Quest For A Sword" ... lol! :)

#4 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:14 PM

This should be renamed to "Knuckles' Quest For A Sword" ... lol! :)

Gonna take a guess that he will get a sword in the waterfall above where the Hook is located

#5 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:37 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=zawgUw8l5Z8Part 3 SWORD!!!....but I have more powerful stuff

#6 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:46 PM

Gonna take a guess that he will get a sword in the waterfall above where the Hook is located

Turned on your were right. Isn't it guaranteed to be in either the starting cave, the 2nd quest Blue Ring shop or the White Sword cave? Also, I'm wondering if you're onto something with the whole theory of always getting a candle one up, one right, one up from the entrance in Lv1 4th? Pretty odd too since Knuckles has a White Sword tier Red Candle. When your Candle does more than your sword, you know it's hopeless. Then again, could end up going 85% of the way through with no rings and spending most the game relying on the Clawshot as your main weapon.

Also, more to Knuckles, Lv1 5th is pretty tough for a level 1. Kind of scary because I know Lv2 5th is pretty mean too. Minor complaint, but I kind of wish HeroOfFire kept the numbering mechanic the same or updated Modern to use the new system. I mean:

Old Name / Current Name

Level 1-1 / Lv1 1st

Level 2-1 / Lv1 2nd

Level 3-1 / Lv1 Ex1st

Level 4-1 / Lv1 Ex2nd

Level 5-1 / Lv1 4th

Level 6-1* / Lv1 5th

*Assumed to be set 6

I don't know, just a nitpick. Or I suppose he could have named them like if we had Level 7 of set 3, where it used to be level 3-7 and now Lv7 Ex1st, have it named Level 7C. So like the 1st quest would be A, 2nd quest B, Ex1st C, etc, up to 5th quest which would be F. For instance, level 6 of the 5th quest would be Level 6F. Speaking of which, I wonder if HeroOfFire is tuning into this run?

#7 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:12 AM

I wonder why there is no "LvX 3rd" ... I guess that would be the official 3rd quest he used in Alpha Randomizer. :)

#8 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:34 AM

I think level 4-X's here have level locations in the same spots as those in the actual 4th quest. 5-x's might have been from someone's 5th quest entry

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:46 AM

5-x's might have been from someone's 5th quest entry

To my knowledge, I think the 5-x's were HeroOfFire's own 5th quest entry.

#10 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:04 AM

I think level 4-X's here have level locations in the same spots as those in the actual 4th quest. 5-x's might have been from someone's 5th quest entry

If memory serves, Lv X 4th are actually HoF's own dungeons he used in his 4th quest entry. The Lv X 5th dungeons ARE from his 5th quest entry. Again, the naming change is confusing, especially being used to how it was in Modern. Not 100% sure on Ex1st and Ex2nd; I THINK he took them from someone else's quest, but I'm not sure.

#11 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:50 AM

Not 100% sure on Ex1st and Ex2nd; I THINK he took them from someone else's quest, but I'm not sure.

Seeing how he made the 4th and 5th dungeon sets, I wouldn't be surprised if Ex1st and Ex2nd are his too :P

#12 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:55 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=keflNkEYRGEPart 4 Bomberman Much?

#13 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:47 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=OwFlqED0lbIPart 5 Lucky Finds!

#14 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:32 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=L74k6l1upNUPart 6 Gambling Addiction

#15 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:01 AM

This brings back memories. Including trying to come up with a naming system for the dungeons that made sense. And still failed. At least Alpha fixes that (I think).

This randomizer introduced a lot. Many scripted items. Bonus dungeons. A better means of traveling between the overworlds. And in the 1.1 update, seeds and an item obtained by collecting every other item.

If you 100% this, you would have the only 100% run of Super on youtube. Eppy only raced this with MST, and one other guy stopped after finding a bonus dungeon or two. Plus, you might find one the bonus dungeons quite interesting.

It would be fun to see another Randomizer race, but I'm not sure on the do dungeons in order gimmick. Besides the chance you need to skip around if you can't find a key item in order, it removes the fun of adapting to what items you find or the risk/reward of doing higher numbered levels earlier. That said, Super is a little larger than Modern was, BS is about the same size but a little more linear in design, and Outlands and Alpha are huge. A race of any of those will be longer than the Modern race was, even if no one goes in blind.

But there are options. Seeds allow a race where everyone has the same item locations. Outlands and Alpha have a compass and map tally built in. And starting with BS there are tiers of secrets. I guess after you play a randomizer you can decide the best rules for a race.

• KingPridenia likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users