Photo

NJF Plays Ninja Gaiden Black (*-*COMPLETED*-*)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: NJF Plays Ninja Gaiden Black (*-*COMPLETED*-*)

Would you like to see me beat this game on Master Ninja?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:41 AM

NJF Plays Ninja Gaiden Black

Ninja_Gaiden_(2004_video_game).png

Genre: Action/Adventure Hack and Slash

Released on the Xbox in 2005

Developed by Team Ninja 

Description:

Ninja Gaiden Black is a 2005 Action/Adventure Hack and Slash video game developed by Team Ninja and released in 2005. This game is a reworked compilation of the original Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox in 2004. This game, and Ninja Gaiden, was originally developed to be a start of a rebooted series of the 3 original NES titles but has since been made prequels of the same fictionary storyline. Ninja Gaiden follows the fictional story of Ryu Hayabusa, a master ninja, in his quest to recover a stolen sword and avenge the slaughter of his clan. Targeted to appeal to a non-japanese audience, the game will well recieved by critics and fans.

Ninja Gaiden Black, unlike the original from 2004, features new enemies, new costumes, and features a playable rom of the original Ninja Gaiden arcade game. The most notable changes, however, include two new difficulty levels, Ninja Dog and Master Ninja. In response to complaints made towards this game's difficulty, the creators felt that this game truly wasn't that hard on it's normal settings if you practiced hard enough, but still catered to the complaints by adding an easier difficulty named Ninja Dog, which is a nice way of saying "Ninja Bitch". This easy mode is designed not only to cater to the people who found normal mode too difficult, but also humiliates them by several means. First by making this difficulty only available if you die enough times and choose to "abandon the Ninja Way". If you choose to abandon the normal difficulty and take on the easier difficulty, you'll get a pink ribbin item, and the game's main supportive character Ayane will continue to disrespect Ryu and have contempt for him through the rest of the game... Ouch!

The Master Ninja difficulty was added for those rare folk who simply wanted the game to be harder. As if Very Hard wasn't hard enough. None of the less, Team Ninja catered to the most masochistic by adding a difficulty mode that's even harder than Ninja Gaiden's most difficult setting in Black. This challenge, from my experience, was the hardest thing I ever done in video games, and here I am, willing to take on that challenge again... God have mercy on my soul!

Streams & LP Information:

I am still streaming this game, and I will announce in my main topic and this one when I will be streaming. Because of the sheer hours of gameplay this game offers, I am practically streaming every evening. At this point right now, I've already beat the game on Normal and Hard, and I'm currently working on Very Hard. As for recordings, I choose to opt out of recordings of both Hard and Very Hard modes, for my hard drive's sake. I simply don't have the biggest hard drive in the world, and I've already recorded a lot of videos on Normal mode. So I will only be recording and sharing videos this game on Normal and Master Ninja for youtube. If you want to see me play this game on Very Hard (since I am already completed it on Hard), you'll have to catch the streams. 

I hope you enjoy watching me play what is in my opinion the hardest game I've ever beaten!

==========

NJF Plays Ninja Gaiden Black (01 - Ch. 01: The Way of the Ninja)

(Duration 26:04)

Description:

"It's better to have more beer than less beer" - NJF

(Why is it necessary to kill all of Murai's Ninja Clan and nearly kill Murai himself just to go talk to him? I don't understand these Ninja customs... lol)

Ryu infiltrates the mysterious Shadow Clan Fortress to speak to his uncle Murai, the clan leader. After an intense battle between Ryu and Murai, the two warriors bow, sit down and have a discussion of current events. Meanwhile, Ayane runs into the fortress to warn Ryu that his village is under attack. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 02 December 2015 - 01:58 PM.

#2 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

Going to do a stream there now. Come watch if you're interested.

http://www.twitch.tv/newjourneysfire

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:14 AM

NJF Plays Ninja Gaiden Black (02 - Ch. 02: The Hayabusa Ninja Village)

(Duration 34:01)

Description:

"You hear that Mumueereeruaaerou?" - Trying to describe the music and how similar it sounds like Metroid Prime, but I end up sounding like a complete tool. lol

"Eeewwuuggghh!!!" - NJF copying Ryu's death SFX

(Don't **** with Doku!)

Ryu immediately takes his Dragon Sword and heads to Hayabusa Village to defend his clan. Ryu discovers that the village is attacked by an army of samorai lead by a phantom wearing black Samorai armor named Doku under the orders of the Holy Vigoor Emperor to retrieve the Dark Dragon Blade. Unfortunately, the town is destroyed, and Ryu only arrives in time to see his childhood friend, Kureha killed by Doku. Ryu tries to exact revenge on Doku but is defeated himself. A revived Ryu learns from Murai about the details of the attack and decides to hunt down Doku. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 June 2015 - 11:41 PM.

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:45 PM

Going to start streaming now.

Update: Stream cancelled. My capture card malfunctioned. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 25 April 2015 - 09:07 PM.

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

NJF Plays Ninja Gaiden Black (03 - Ch. 03: Skies of Vengeance part 1)

(Duration 21:29)

Description:

"Hui!! He just got the map! Get him! We have been compromised!!" - NJF
"Oh, hello! This is awkward.." - NJF
"What's in these controls? What's going on here? This is like some crazy shit going on here! What is powering these machinery?! Human blood?!" - NJF

The Dark Dragon Blade is now in the hands of the Vigoor Empire. Ryu, now aboard an aircraft heading for the Vigoor Empire awaits his vengeance. But clearly Ryu will not get first class treatment. Ryu must survive this trip, even if that means taking down the ship. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 June 2015 - 11:41 PM.

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:51 AM

Due to the unpopularity of the series a.k.a. I'm the only one watching the youtube videos, and that's for editing purposes. I also feel that this series isn't likely the harbor views. I believe this is likely because Team Ninja really isn't a popular company here on PureZC for their earlier projects. (This might have Other M to blame).

Either way, I am going to begin uploading Metroid Prime videos as well because I feel this is a series that is promising to have some views. 

Don't get me wrong, it's not all about views for me. But half the excitement in these Lets Plays is sharing the experience, and if I'm the only one watching them, I'm pretty much not sharing the experience with anybody. lol

So I will not be sharing a video today, instead I'll be sharing a Metroid Prime video instead. 

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

NJF Plays Ninja Gaiden Black (04 - Ch. 03: Skies of Vengeance part 2)

(Duration 21:49)

Description:

"This will fool the Ninja! He'll never get past our maze of crates!" - NJF

"Ryu by! Come over for a drink! *he looks at my computer and just bashes it with a sword* What the **** are you doing Ryu, man! **** off man! *****! That cost a fortune! (Ryu: It had to die! It looked menacing) WTF Ryu?! You know that **** costs money, right?!" - NJF

"its no wonder everybody hates ryu, haha" - oldschoolgamerjim

Ryu is trapped in a battle for survival inside an airship leading to the Vigoor Empire. Ryu has no choice, Ryu has to take the ship down and escape before he becomes a dead Ninja. Gamov, a mysterious man in glasses who appeared to be also aboard this airship seems to be nowhere in sight. Before Ryu can safely escape the ship, he is forced to face off against Dynamo, a heavily armored obese man, who's right arm is a laser cannon. Despite his appearance, Dynamo is a Vigoor military leader who is skilled in the art of combat. Ryu is forced to take this battle up close and take out the man with every technique he has. The electric charge expelled through Dynamo's defeat was enough to cause the entire aircraft to explode and crash into a forest near Tairon, the capital of the Vigoor Empire. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 June 2015 - 11:43 PM.

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:18 PM

Going to fight the hardest boss in the game on Very Hard mode right now.

#9 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

It's time to beat Very Hard Mode. Lets take out the final boss.

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

NJF Plays Ninja Gaiden Black (05 - Ch. 04: Imperial City Infiltration part 1)

(Duration 34:07)

Description:

"Yes by.. eh... Ninjas could do that! Ninjas could do that without getting electrocuted because that's what Ninjas do" - NJF

(I now got Izuna Drop and Guillotine Throw! Now you'll see what I can do)

(Died near the end of the video and had to do it all over again.)

While infiltrating Tairon, the capital of the Vigoor Empire, Ryu meets an old friend, Muramasa. Ryu buys the Isuna Drop from Muramasa, which is Ryu's strongest and most reliable combo. 

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

NJF Plays Ninja Gaiden Black (06 - Ch. 04: Imperial City Infiltration part 2)

(Duration 33:13)

Description:

"Who the **** is this guy?! lol Buddy come by looking like Mike Tyson saying "Do you have a ticket for the party?" *speaking in an Arnold Schwarzenegger accent* " - NJF referring to the douchebag blocking the doorway.

"The name of the area is "pleasure street :D" - oldschoolgamerjim

"What the fook was that?" - Moosh64 after Rachel kills a fiend. 

Ryu, still searching for Han's Bar, as earlier instructed finally reaches the place, but he's going to need an invitation before he gets in. An ad on a bulletin board points him towards Muramasa's shop. After buying something from Muramasa's shop, Ryu gets a ticket to Han's Bar as his free gift. Inside the bar, Ryu witnesses Rachel, a fiend slayer, slay a fiend. After a brief conversation, she leaves to hunt more fiends. It is here Ryu also meets Gamov who reveals that he seems to know more about him and Rachel to be a mere stranger. Like Rachel before him, he also warns Ryu that Doku will be very difficult to defeat. He also mysteriously vanishes, leaving Ryu no other choice but to investigate this city further for clues on the whereabouts of Doku. 

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

Going to continued streaming Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja mode. 

I'll be starting in 5 minutes. 

#13 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

NJF Plays Ninja Gaiden Black (07 - Ch. 05: The City of Fiends part 1)

(Duration 22:27)

Description:

(I'm still pronouncing Scarabs incorrectly... lol)

After witnessing a fiend hunter kill a fiend, Ryu is further instructed to head to the Dworku District in Tairon where he will find more clues on the location of Doku. Here, Ryu finds a Monastery, but he is unable to get access. After taking a few alleyways, he is attacked by a few Tairon soldiers, but they are killed by a few fiends. Ryu must defeat these fiends to continue on in his quest. 

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

NJF Plays Ninja Gaiden Black (08 - Ch. 05: City of Fiends part 2)

(Duration 22:35)

Description:

"Oh hello! Soon as I return! ... Oh wow... hahahaha!!!" - NJF

"a warm welcome" - oldschoolgamerjim

Ryu, battles through hordes of fiends in the Dworku district. He also learns from Rachel that his blood just may not be pure human due to his incredible strength. Before she is able to explain more, she is attacked by an unknown tentacle fiend. Ryu makes quick work of the fiend and saves Rachel who is alarmed by the increasing number of the fiends. Ayane appears and explains that the Dark Dragon Blade is the cause for the fiends suddenly appearing all over Tairon. Rachel tells Ryu that there is a secret underground passage that leads to Zarkhand, the home of the Emperor. She explains that Doku is likely to be there. Meanwhile, Gamov, the mysterious man Ryu met on top of Han's Bar is speaking to the mysterious Dark Disciple, a cloaked figure who Gamov is clearly serving. They discuss the Dark Dragon Blade and it's ability to continuously grow in strength. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 June 2015 - 11:44 PM.

#15 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

NJF Plays Ninja Gaiden Black (09 - Ch. 06: The Monastery part 1)

(Duration 29:26)

Description:

(Finally uses all my Life of the Gods, Lives of the Thousand Gods, and Spirit of the Devils after realizing they don't refill your health or magic in this game)

Ryu heads into the Monastery, but even in the Holy Temple, Ryu cannot find peace as he is attacked by fiends in almost every room. Ryu obtains the Book of the Eons, which he will use to access the hidden underground chambers, and statue of Raptor, Deity of Sentiment, which will be useful much later in his quest. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 June 2015 - 11:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users