Photo

Parallel Worlds

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Influence the future!

What should my next RPG be?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:27 PM

Although I don't know how much of the overworld has changed between the original version of the game and the remodel version, someone has made images of both overworlds of this hack that you can use for planning and what not. It's still a work in progress and he plans to tackle the dungeons next.

http://zelda.qwertym.../lightworld.png
http://zelda.qwertym...ld/icyworld.png

(He'd rather people save the images for use, not to always load them from his website)

I'll be using a capture card.  At this point, I don't trust PS2 emulation yet.

The current version of PCSX2 as well as the last 2 or 3 releases of it for Windows will play Kingdom Hearts 2 (And the Final Mix version) perfectly fine. There is also a english translation hack that translates almost all dialog in the game (Not just the menus) but it's considered sort of in the gray/illegal area and is quite badly translated in the Final Mix exclusive areas, it's also difficult to find. If you want to avoid that mess then, use the hack on http://www.romhacking.net/ instead.

The PS2 emulator also includes a Widescreen hack that will increase the FOV and prevent most stuff from being all stretched and horrible when forcing the game to 16x9 aspect ratio (The HUD and Pause menu's will be stretched still because that's all sprites/2d stuff, but the game world and such won't be). You can also greatly increase the Internal Rendering Resolution if you have a powerful enough video card and CPU and make the game look amazing, especially in Tron's world.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 29 May 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#47 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:00 PM

Part 20

It turns out that the 7th dungeon was staring me in the face this entire time.

a powerful enough video card and CPU

And therein lies part of the problem.  My computer isn't exactly a beast.  If I can't run a DS emulator at full speed, what are the chances of PS2 not having lag?  Besides, I have an actual PS2 and both KH and KH2, so why not use the resources I already have?

#48 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

PS2 emulator (PCSX2) is actually easier to run than the DS emulator (DesMesUME?) or however you spell it

The PS2 is like a computer, the DS is something else entirely

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 29 May 2015 - 04:09 PM.

#49 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:57 PM

DeSmuME almost seems like it takes quite a bit to run.  I still have trouble running that using the emulator's record function without major lag.  So I end up just using a screen capture program and record that, similar to the format I use for ZC

#50 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:20 AM

Yes, Desmume/DS emulation is much more demanding than PCSX2/PS2 emulation.

#51 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:36 AM

Well, I just tried PCSX2 and the lag was actually worse than Desmume, so I don't think that's a viable option for me at this point.

#52 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:22 PM

Part 21

The Parallel Tower is more than happy to remind you what the previous 7 dungeons were like.  You know, just in case you forgot.

#53 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:27 PM

Part 22

Time to go back to that one place that gave me so much grief.  The Light World.

#54 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:32 PM

Part 23 (Final)

I seem to recall there being a by-dungeon death counter in LttP.  I'm a little disappointed that I didn't see that here, though I don't know if it would have counted the deaths in the overworld.

#55 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:01 PM

Since you started that Super Metroid Randomizer thread, I feel like I should probably suggest this.

FFVI Randomizer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users