Photo

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Discussion Thread!

• Please log in to reply
1394 replies to this topic

#46 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:57 AM

So... What's after this, anyway? Unless they do a remake of Crystal for the DS, I think they've remade just about every original Pokemon game out there (sans Yellow). Do you think they'd come up with yet another generation, with maybe 60 more Pokemon (that suck ass and are similar to the ones that already exist) or would this be the end of the Pokemon games?

Aside from the Pokemon Dungeon games, or ranger games, or whatever the hell they're called. I haven't bothered with those. Ignoring the spin-offs (like Trozi), is this the last Pokemon adventure? :O

#47 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:49 AM

Who knows; they may even end up remaking Pokemon Pinball xD.

#48 Din

Din

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:41 AM

I have serious doubt about that. Nintendo will probably throw at least one more generation into the mix before calling it quits. If not though, it would be one heck of a way to end!

#49 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:20 AM

They'll make a game where the Pokemon can Evolve and De-evolve at any point and at no cost... pretty much being a Transformers rip off icon_razz.gif

#50 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE(Din @ Aug 28 2009, 09:41 AM) View Post

I have serious doubt about that. Nintendo will probably throw at least one more generation into the mix before calling it quits. If not though, it would be one heck of a way to end!

If they do create yet another generation, I will seriously cry. I love Pokemon, but the new generations are just ****. The first one was awesome, the second one was okay, I guess, but after that it all went downhill. And you know that with another generation comes a crapload of new movies and episodes. Which might usually be cool, but I've seen some of the new Pokemon movies (and some of the new episodes) and they're terrible. Terrible! It's really ruining Pokemon for me altogether. I've loved it since it came out in, what, 1998? Trading cards in the 2nd grade (I'm a sophomore in college now), playing the games, watching the shows... I have a lot of good memories there. But some things can't (or shouldn't) go on forever, and I feel like the Pokemon craze should just quietly die down... as most things typically do.

...And yet, as much as I hate the new generation's Pokemon, I still go and buy the games. Blaaaaaah. It's essentially the same game every time, with a few different elements within.

#51 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:18 PM

Honestly, what's the big deal. I think the news games are fun. And if you don't like them, don't buy them. And I'm pretty sure they'll make at least one more generation, but probably more.

#52 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:22 PM

You misunderstand me. I do like them. That's why I buy them. They're still fun to play, but most of the pokemon in it suck.

I mean, come on. Bidoof? >:\

#53 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

Golden Chocobo is right, the new generation of pokemon are ****. I will not waste my money on a pokemon game ever again. HG/SS will be my last. The thing with us older people in this forum or in general is that we lived through the old generation of pokemon in the early 90's when pokemon first was born and became a huge hit. Red, blue, and yellow brings a lot of nostalgia from our childhood. I'm sure others in here who are older like us will agree with me. The kids from this generation enjoy the new games simply because it was their first pokemon. It all depends what game was their first. But it's getting tiring.

Edited by Christian, 28 August 2009 - 01:32 PM.

#54 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:51 PM

My first was Blue, but then Silver came for me and I loved it, because of the new Pokemon, such as Totodile, Heracross, Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Gligar, etc. Never played Emerald series, but did try the Fire Red rom cause they stopped selling GBA games around here, and I kinda liked re-living the Blue series again, but with more. Never played the Diamond series either, but not really aiming to. Just want to get one or both of these, stop, then just continue on with the Anime only.

#55 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

The new Pokemon are just as stupid as the old ones. A big rat with beaver teeth? A beaver with beaver teeth that's at least cute?

Anyway I think that they'll continue to make new generations until every Pokemon has three evolutions.

Edited by LinkMystro, 28 August 2009 - 03:24 PM.

#56 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:04 PM

Come on, not all the new Pokemon are bad. I'll admit, Bidoof is horrible, but some of them, like Luxray, Riolu, Froslass, etc. are awesome!

#57 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:16 PM

By the way I like Pokemon, it's really fun. I was just trying to say that I think most older people who grew up with the older generations would not like the new ones just because. Pokemon are generally the same so I don't see how they could get worse. They were just obsessed with dinosaurs and dragons for the first generation icon_razz.gif

Edited by LinkMystro, 28 August 2009 - 04:17 PM.

#58 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

Speaking of new stuff, think they'll add any more TM's or HM's or more moves and stuff?

#59 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(LinkMystro @ Aug 28 2009, 03:24 PM) View Post

The new Pokemon are just as stupid as the old ones. A big rat with beaver teeth? A beaver with beaver teeth that's at least cute?

Anyway I think that they'll continue to make new generations until every Pokemon has three evolutions.

Well... I guess when you look at it that way, all Pokemon are goofy because they're strange looking little magical creatures that fight each other solely for our amusement. But the old ones were cooler. You can't swap a Charmander for a freaking Chimchar. Or a Bulbasaur for a Turtwig. And there are also the baby Pokemon which are absolutely worthless unless you evolve them into their normal evolutions anyway. Like Igglybuff, Cleffa, Magby, Elekid, etc. AND THEN the evolutions of the Pokemon in generation one that didn't have evolutions. Like Lickitung, Onix, Scyther, Electabuz, Magmar, etc. AND FURTHER YET, the Pokemon in generation one that only had two evolutions, and in later generations they have a third one. Rhyperior? Yeah. That thing looks like a giant tumor.

There are Pokemon that just bother me by their very existence. Stunky and its evolved form, Skuntank, are just gross. You run into one and it greets you with flatulence >_> What the heck? Combee is useless unless it's female, and there's only a 12.5% chance of that happening. Blaaaah, it's pointless to continue. You have your own opinions. I'm a purist, I admit it. The first generation is what I grew up with.
QUOTE(LinkMystro @ Aug 28 2009, 04:16 PM) View Post

I was just trying to say that I think most older people who grew up with the older generations would not like the new ones just because. Pokemon are generally the same so I don't see how they could get worse. They were just obsessed with dinosaurs and dragons for the first generation icon_razz.gif

FOR THE RECORD: I'm 19 icon_razz.gif
I'm not that old! Anyway, it's not just because. Well, that's partially the reason. But other friends of mine agree that Bidoof is retarded and we make fun of its sad existence.
QUOTE(Russ @ Aug 28 2009, 04:04 PM) View Post

Come on, not all the new Pokemon are bad. I'll admit, Bidoof is horrible, but some of them, like Luxray, Riolu, Froslass, etc. are awesome!

Luxray is cool, yeah. Riolu? No. Not unless you evolve him. He's useless otherwise because his stats are low. Froslass? Unnecessary. Glalie was good enough.

#60 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

But Glalie's ugly, whereas Froslass looks neat. icon_razz.gif Riolu works fine without evolving him for the first half of the game or so.

Although I am with you that the first generation had the best Pokemon. I remember watching that stupid TV show of it when I was five all the time. That alone has made me very biased about the first generation's superiority. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users