#1 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

Currently the following things are being prepared, or are complete:

Menu sprites & tiles: 30%
Character sprites: 15%
Artwork for each of the gods: 1% (this is my next objective)
Core game scripts: ~5% (Working on this off and on, as I come up with efficient ideas)
Storyline: ~30% (I've got the jump-point ready as well as the story through the first two dungeons)

All the story I'm willing to share (No major spoilers, this will be at the beginning of the quest):

"In a time before time, the great creators forged the lands that we now call home.
Terra, the goddess of the earth, molded the stone beneath our feet,
Lugh placed the great fire at its core,
Coventina cried the tears that formed its rivers and seas,
and Helios blew a breath of life into the forests and plains.

And over time, each creator forged mighty beasts to inhabit this rock.
The beasts, however, sparked wars among themselves to gain control of the earth for their deity,
and thus sought to claim the land for themselves.

And so, the four poured their remaining power together to create a being to stop the madness in their troubled world.
With a body of clay, the heart of the seas, the mind of the winds, and the soul of the flames, the Hollow was born.

The Hollow was given one task; a blank slate recieved its orders to reclaim the once peaceful realm of the creators...

And in doing so, become the "perfect being"."

Also, information on character classes for those who are curious:

BLANK
A blank slate, balanced. Passive general stat boost, and EXP boost.

NECROPHAGE
Deals in death magic. Lots of lifesteal, and minion-based attacks.
Minions will likely be LWeapons, made to damage enemies by sacrificing themselves.
Chance to create minions with basic attacks

ELEMENTAL
Lots of conditions. Freezing, burning, crippling, etc. Also AOE stuffs.
passively spreads burning to nearby enemies.

SHADE
High attack power at the cost of rage. Rage generates passively. If attack
costs exceed current rage amounts, health is lost instead.

ARCANE
High HP, uses mostly AOE magic. Attacks act differently (bouncing, lingering
exploding, etc.)
Breaks the form seal quickly. Cannot form-up into arcane.

HUNTER
Focuses on critical hits and fast attacks
Passively generates focus
focus increases crit chance
each crit removes half of your focus

Any questions are welcome!
  • Jared likes this

#2 Parsnip

Parsnip

Parsnip

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

Please make this quest heavily story driven if it is it would make an amazing game. I also followed this. I can't wait for the release.

#3 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

Please make this quest heavily story driven if it is it would make an amazing game. I also followed this. I can't wait for the release.

It will be. Promise :3

I also want to have a sort of open-worldiness to it. With the exception of dungeons. You'll go through the story dungeons in a linear fashion. :P

#4 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:03 AM

Another update! This one  concerns battle mechanics.

This is the form seal:

Nvlx3tb.png

It's comprised of 5 pieces. Each piece holds a jewel.

In battle, after you reach a certain number of successful hits on an enemy, you'll be able to break one of the jewels, and proceed into the next form. So, once you have all 5 pieces of this form seal, you can form up a total of 5 times.

Forms will only be used in battles. Each time you form up, you change classes depending on your current equipment. Each form has 4 equipment slots, mind, body, heart, and soul. Each slot provides a different bonus. The Soul slot determines your attunement (or class) for that form level.

Each time you "form up", a new skill will become available to use on your skill bar (which is comprised of the A, B, and EX1-EX4 buttons). You start in the basic form, with nothing but a simple attack, but once you form up, another one becomes available to you. So, for example:

I enter a battle, and land 5 successful hits with my basic attack (that's all I have to use), and then I break a form seal jewel. Because my "Form 1 soul item" was of the Necrophage attunement, I unlock a second skill (life siphon).

Now, this doesn't just unlock the skills themselves. It unlocks the slots in general. So at your second form up, regardless of your attunement, you'll have 3 skills available for use (basic attack, plus 2 class-specific attacks).

More to come over time. Still mostly doing the underlying script work right now.

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

Is this turned based? That would be neat to see in ZC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users