Shadow Wars Episode II

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#1 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

Shadow Wars II: Dark Side of the Triforce is the quest I was making in secret, without anybody knowing about it til it got finished, so that I didn't have any influence that would have affected my questmaking.

This quest is the sequel to Shadow Wars, my first quest, and is definitely Classic style, but is far from LoZ. The overworld is segmented with each segment having its own music and palette, then there are more of such additions, but everything stays Classic style. I also include ReadMe and Manual in the zip file, both in Hungarian and English.
The greatest thing is that I was making this quest only when I felt doing so, so there are no signs of boredom, like huge empty areas, unfair shortenings, etc.

Numerals:
-1 full overworld
-9 mandatory dungeons
-8 subdungeons
-1 secret dungeon
-3 half-custom bosses
-2 endings
-2 ultimate secrets

Story:
After killing Ganon's minions and putting the Triforce back to the Golden Pyramid, Link thinks he can finally rest. Wrong, bozo. A researcher girl, Ester, warns Link about the Emperor, a greedy man who wants to steal the Triforce. Ester have hidden the Triforce pieces far underground and she now makes Link go and arm himself by visiting the eight dungeons, so that he can defeat the Emperor before it's too late.

Beating the normal dungeons give you an item, not a Lightforce piece. You need these items to survive the Emperor's hideout. However, the Emperor tries to make you collect the Triforce pieces, too... Who will you listen to, Ester or the Emperor? The ending depends on that! Note that the bad ending is what will be continued in Shadow Wars III: Rise of the Underground, so the good ending is "just" a flashy extra.

Hints:
Read the ReadMe and especially the Manual. Latter is written by Ester.

Cheese:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Credits:
Additional tiles: Bengal
Music: Siguy, Nuvo, Sir Johnamus, VGmusic

Download:
Shadow Wars II Left click Use 2.10.0!

Edited by CastChaos, 28 March 2009 - 09:16 AM.

#2 Zorlaf

Zorlaf

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

Where is level 1?

#3 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:57 AM

icon_biggrin.gif I just finished Facepalm CastChaos and it was great and I only died once in one of those fireballs rooms. I picked up bombsin Facepalm but they didn't show up in my inventory. Does it mean that I need to find or buy a bomb bag?
I found Jawbreaker but I decided to make some money to get a shield before tackling that place.

Edited by ms_zelda_lady, 27 March 2009 - 09:58 AM.

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

Zorlaf:
Go 2 screens right from start and go south. Slash the bush there. Facepalm is Level 1.

ms_zelda_lady:
Keep going directly right from start til you hit a bombable dead end. Just near the dead end is the cave where you get your bombs. Some dungeons require bomb, or just make them simpler. But the following bomb upgrades will be rather hard to find...

EDIT:
Hm, I guess you can't get an L2 shield without the item of Jawbreak. Nor you really need an L2 shield in there.

Edited by CastChaos, 27 March 2009 - 10:01 AM.

#5 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:06 AM

Well gosh. My weekend is pretty much shot to hell now. Thanks CastChaos!

#6 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:23 AM

icon_wacky.gif Hmmm..I think I'm losing it!!! I just went back into my game and after picking up a hidden blue rupee piece near start there were the bombs sitting in my inventory LOL Now why weren't they there when I was in Facepalm? Oh well I now have enough money and I'm off to buy the shield.

#7 Zorlaf

Zorlaf

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:31 AM

What to do after entering Facepalm?

EDIT:Nevermind,i just finished it.

You again overcome yourself CastChaos!
Where is level 2?

Edited by Zorlaf, 27 March 2009 - 10:44 AM.

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:23 AM

Zorlaf:
Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif
Level 2 is in the fruit woods south (down) from level 1. On the start screen, you can burn the bush now. Go down and keep going down, but always at the right side of the screen. This way a diagonal path takes you to the endtrance of Level 2, which looks like a gohma, so it's easy to see.

#9 Zorlaf

Zorlaf

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:35 PM

Where in ROM dome i can get whistle?
And where i can get white sword?

#10 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

Zorlaf:
On the lively version of ROM dome, go back to entrance and push the differently coloured statue.
White sword is downright from Level 2. There's a horizontal line of mountain, go right til a V shape. Bomb its innermost point and go down through themountain, into the lava land.

#11 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to get into both of the 2 bottom left and right corner rooms in Jawbreaker. I've already got 2 treasures from there and killed the boss so are those 2 room really important to get into?
I've finished the Rom Dome and started Shades of Black but I'm now needing the bait and I can't remember if I've come across it yet.
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

P.S. I learned a bit of Hungarian and found my way thru the Lost Woods. At least I think I did (Kelet.....)

#12 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

ms_zelda_lady:
Hm, have you got Jawbreaker map? I think you didn't, that's why you don't know that the map forms a skull with a broken jaw. Hm... bottom right screen has map and bottom left is the one that you surely went through to get boss key...
As for bait, you only can get it in shops. North from ROM dome, there's a white bush. Burn that for a very handy shop.
Ah, you found out that those words are Hungarian. Splendid. The maze leads to a later level.

#13 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

icon_redface.gif I did get the map....LOL Now I'm off to buy the bait. Thanks for the help.

#14 Zorlaf

Zorlaf

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:38 AM

Where is bow and Valve?

And in Test of power in room with darknuts,zols and kesse i can,t go into another room.

Edited by Zorlaf, 28 March 2009 - 07:03 AM.

#15 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:35 AM

Zorlaf:
Both bow and arrow are bought in shops. One of them is directly right from entrance, the other is down from Level 2, close to the upper entrance of the lava lands.
Valve is at the middle of the map, in the forest. Go to the screen with many slashable bushes. It's a maze. The solution of the maze is told somewhere nearby.
Test of Power is the first floor of the Emperor's hideout, it's not a problem if you go there only after you beat all levels. Hm... you mean the conveyor belt makes you stuck in the room? I guess I process an update about that.

EDIT:
Update made! Download file again!
I fixed the bug that caused the last dungeon be unbeatable.

Edited by CastChaos, 28 March 2009 - 09:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users