Bikdip's Adventure 2

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#31 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:12 PM

That is funny, and no, it's not intentional. Sure fits with the theme of the level though.

#32 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

Stuck looking for Level 5, found a maze, got a key from it. what next?

#33 Sinfex

Sinfex

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:15 PM

Where do you go in the cutscene anyway? I went to the NW part of the Overworld. But there doesn't really seem to be anything there. I found the Bonus Level though.

To Lithium: Did you get the Letter yet? If so go buy Super Bombs and blow up the Blue Blocks.

#34 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

Sinfex: The cutscene takes you to a room in Level 9, then you just leave. You're supposed to go to (well in your case, finish) Level 7 and then 8. The message that says to check the NW part of the overworld is just a hint to find level 7. Which obviously you don't need.

Lithium: The maze is Level 5. The reason it doesn't say that above the map on the subscreen is because I had to technically make it a Level 0 DMap so that the map is usable. But yeah, you need to get the letter. Here's the overall flow of the level:

- find key
- use key to get letter
- leave, use letter to get super bombs, blow up blue blocks
- find two more keys
- use keys to get raft
- use raft to get two more keys and a cheese block
- use keys and cheese to reach boss

The level is split into 2 main areas - the main one is the maze, which is in itself split into 3 sub-areas, and then the other one is the "gauntlet", as I like to refer to it. You reach that one by going in the warps, and that's where you use the keys and get the letter/raft and fight the boss.

Edited by Jish, 26 January 2009 - 06:23 PM.

#35 Sinfex

Sinfex

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

How do you get to the big center area in Level 7 Floor 3? The one with the Water Medallion? I'm pretty sure I removed all the barriers blocking it. I just don't know how to get in it.

Also Level 7 is definitely the best Level so far.

#36 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:55 PM

assuming that you got rid of all four barriers, the entrance is the north quarter of Floor 2. To get there, take the first ladder again (the one near the entrance to the building and where the waffles were, above the part with all the pits).

Edited by Jish, 26 January 2009 - 06:56 PM.

#37 Sinfex

Sinfex

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

THAT area. I kind of haven't gotten rid of the barriers there. How would you go about doing that? I'm probably missing something obvious.

Sorry for all the questions. You made quite a confuzzling Quest.

#38 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

I'm not exactly sure how I'll explain this, but here's my best attempt. Floor 2 is set up as a diamond shape (you have the map, right?) and is split into 4 segments of 6 screens each - the last screen of each meeting up in the center in a big square thing with all the barriers. Each segment ends with a button you can push to get rid of one of the barriers, and after you get rid of all of them, you have to go through the northern (northeast actually, now that I check) part of it again to reach the medallion.

Here's the locations of the ladders that lead to the four sections:

1) Near the entrance by the waffles and stuff - hard to miss
2) Near all the pits and stuff - you have to fall in some, go through the basement block maze, and push a button or two to get there
3) At the southeast corner of the building, where it's a bunch of basically identical screens that you have to figure out the correct path to get through
4) The *other* one, which is sort of to the left of the junction area, past some hammer stump things. You have to go in the basement a couple times to get there.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're probably missing #2. That's the one that the bugtesters and other early players frequently missed.

#39 Sinfex

Sinfex

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:40 PM

Actually that isn't what I was talking about. I meant how do you get in here? I'm pretty sure that's all I have left.

http://s554.photobuc...nt=zelda023.jpg (Sorry if you can't tell what room this is. I tried to hide the spoiler.)

I have most of the Map completed.

http://s554.photobuc...nt=zelda022.jpg

Again. Sorry for all the questions

#40 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

Ohh... so you never got into the first part. Funny how that worked out, since it's technically the last one you need to go in.

Anyway, there was a hint in level 5 that "he who blows up waffles with high-grade explosives will be rewarded" or something like that. One of those waffles is to the screen right of where you are. Use a super bomb on it and go through the basement to come out on the other side and hit the button.

I see that you're out of super bombs, but if you don't want to backtrack to the pre-level 5 area to buy more, there's another shop left of level 6 a bit, past the hammer thingies.

#41 Sinfex

Sinfex

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

Actually I already blew that up. I didn't go down there because of...

http://s554.photobuc...nt=zelda026.jpg icon_cry.gif

#42 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

There's a button under that one box to the right that sorta stands out from the rest. When you push the box off of it, the barriers go away.

Sorry about all the confusion, and I don't mind answering questions at all.

And just a heads-up - Level 8 has 6 keys in it, and you need all of them to get through Level 9. But nothing in-game actually says this. You'd either have to look at the readme or go through part of level 9 and then realize that you're stuck. I should probably fix that too, I never really thought about it.

#43 Sinfex

Sinfex

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:29 PM

I finished Level 7 finally. My death counter jumped from 3 to 7 from the Boss. Death Knights are evil. Thank god the hookshot stuns them or I doubt I'd ever finish this Quest.

Also, icon_lol.gif at the Water Medallion's screwed up animation. The Hammer animation seems fine though.

#44 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, the death knight is pretty annoying. I basically have that area designed for you to kill it with sword beams, after dying once and then continuing with full health. I think you're *supposed* to use the hammer or something, but that doesn't really help at all.

And yeah, gotta love the screwed up swimming animation. It's because BS animation swimming tiles are read differently between 1.90 and later versions, I think.

That reminds me though, did you find the L3 sword? There was a laptop somewhere in the level that hints to its location underwater, and you have to dive for it. Except... there's no sort of diving animation, once again thanks to 1.90 and BS animation. But yeah, it might be worth your time to go back and find it if you never did.

#45 TGYR

TGYR

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

Okay, I foundeded a bug. I died against the boss of level 2, and when I respawned I was glitched and not on the screen, and there was no way out but restarting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users