Okay back on topic
I getting close to the end of disk 1 of lost Odyssey
Almost got 22 hours on disk 1

#48 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

On a whim I picked up a Genesis game called "Crystal Pony's Tale", which a friend mine used to have, so whenever I'd go over to their house I'd play it nonstop (YES, I HAD AT ONE POINT BEEN INVOLVED IN MLP MATERIAL PRIOR TO THE RELEASE OF FIM. At the time I was not even aware it was a weird thing for me to enjoy playing). But then they moved away and I forgot all about it.

Then just the other day I found a copy at a pawn shop for $1, so I picked it up and enjoyed the *somewhat unexpected* nostalgia of it.

#49 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ Aug 23 2011, 08:47 PM) View Post

On a whim I picked up a Genesis game called "Crystal Pony's Tale", which a friend mine used to have, so whenever I'd go over to their house I'd play it nonstop (YES, I HAD AT ONE POINT BEEN INVOLVED IN MLP MATERIAL PRIOR TO THE RELEASE OF FIM. At the time I was not even aware it was a weird thing for me to enjoy playing). But then they moved away and I forgot all about it.

Then just the other day I found a copy at a pawn shop for $1, so I picked it up and enjoyed the *somewhat unexpected* nostalgia of it.

Okay Thats the 1st time i heard about that Game
Sounds Intriguing I'v Googled it It looks kinda weird
But might as well go pick it up somewhere to add it to game Library

#50 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

What? FIM is new? I thought you people were digging up the old episodes from when I was a kid. *dies*

#51 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(Cukeman @ Aug 23 2011, 08:54 PM) View Post
What? FIM is new? I thought you people were digging up the old episodes from when I was a kid. *dies*
Please tell me you're joking. The main reason we enjoy it is because it's NOT those episodes. That said, I rather enjoyed the 1984 pilot "Rescue at Midnight Castle", but that's only because it was actually somewhat epic and violent (they kill the final villain) and completely different from all the older MLP stuff. But enough of that. If you want to know more I suggest you take the actual thread.

#52 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

Why would I joke about that? icon_unsettled.gif

#53 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE(Cukeman @ Aug 23 2011, 09:08 PM) View Post
Why would I joke about that? icon_unsettled.gif
I just thought it was common sense that if a crapton of people become obsessed on something that has long been regarded as crappy, there must be some very good reason behind it. For example, say, someone who was both a storyboard writer for the Powerpuff Girls and the co-creator of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends picking up said crappy series and deciding it was too crappy for it's own good, leading them to the decision that they should remake it and have it be amazing.

I am referring, of course, to this godlike and brilliant mind:
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Lauren_Faust

Funny, isn't it. How every conversation can randomly end up on the topic of ponies. BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND.

I just got through episode 1 of Trials and Tribulations. It's pretty awesome thus far. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 23 August 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#54 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

To my thinking, something like this kind of cartoon could only be cool if it had a certain retro flair icon_cool.gif

#55 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:20 PM

You guys are way off-topic, I hope you know. And to fix this, uh... ... I beat the Water and Shadow Temples in OoT 3D? ... no, I wanna post these details in the OoT 3D thread.

... IT'S WHAT I'M CURRENTLY PLAYING, SO IT COUNTS. icon_deformed.gif

#56 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

-Edit-{And Yes TS That counts}
I finally figured out how i'm going to play FF 13 this time
I'll go though it without making Weapons And Without Buying any items
It sounds tough i know but i belive i can do it. I think

Edited by linktopower, 23 August 2011 - 09:22 PM.

#57 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(Cukeman @ Aug 23 2011, 09:17 PM) View Post
To my thinking, something like this kind of cartoon could only be cool if it had a certain retro flair icon_cool.gif
One of the main appeals of this show is the fact that it revives classic cartoon physics. I think that fairly well fits your criteria. However, I am running out of game-related things to talk about and I'd rather not turn rent-a-mod so I must ask that this discussion be migrated to this thread:
http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=49880

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 23 August 2011 - 09:21 PM.

#58 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Aug 22 2011, 05:03 PM) View Post

I can see you getting all the regular stage emblems in time, but good luck getting all the Chao ones. If it were up to me, I'd just AR it. I love my Chao, but I don't feel like spending that much time on 'em just so I can win a few measly races and karate matches. icon_sweat.gif

...Is it bad that I got all of the Chao emblems and never even bothered to get the stage ones? When I was younger, I'd spend hours taking care of my Chao, so I guess that explains a lot but still... icon_deformed.gif

#59 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE(Rem @ Aug 23 2011, 09:25 PM) View Post
...Is it bad that I got all of the Chao emblems and never even bothered to get the stage ones? When I was younger, I'd spend hours taking care of my Chao, so I guess that explains a lot but still... icon_deformed.gif
I did the same thing, but I didn't get any emblems because I was terrible at it. I had SA2B for 5 years before I even discovered the Light and Dark chao gardens.

#60 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Aug 23 2011, 12:35 AM) View Post

Getting to Orca, I remember, was actually fairly simple. I mean, all the way to 999 hits or 1,000. Eventually you'll reach a point where you realize "Okay, he'll let in *insert number of hits here* before trying to whack you, so hit him that many times, wait, do a parry attack (which counts as two hits), repeat." So what I did was grabbed my favorite CD, put it in, let it play as I tackled the challenge. And eventually I got it. So just keep at it. I think the number is four, by the way, but I can't recall for absolutely certain.
It was 500 hits. I know that because I got it as soon as I posted my frustration the first time. icon_deformed.gif
And yeah, the key for me ended up being leaving the analog stick alone and only tapping B and R. It wasn't as bad as I had remembered. I considered trying to go 1,000, but I decided I had better things to do. Like watching paint dry.

QUOTE(Russ @ Aug 23 2011, 02:32 AM) View Post

Really? Cuz
Spoiler

Well...
Not as spoiley as what you already know

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ Aug 23 2011, 07:38 PM) View Post

And neither Sonic Rivals nor Sonic and the Black Knight come to mind for you? I thought both of those were WAAAAAY worse than Colors Wii.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I liked Sonic and the Black Knight. I actually liked it more than Unleashed. Sue me.

And one more thing. I've hated on Ocarina of Time a little in the past. I still say it's the weakest of the four 3D games. But, replaying it... it's a lot better than I give it credit. It still manages to be entertaining to this day, despite being released a while ago. So I'm sorry, Ocarina of Time. I will continue to pick you apart and still call you weak, but know that I still love you. icon_love.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users