Photo

Screenshot of the Week 160

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 160 (58 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(/M/ @ Apr 29 2007, 06:29 PM) View Post

Umm.. MoonWhisper believe it or not... there is... another one..

IPB Image
Hmm.. That rock really blends in well..

That was the boulder I was referring to icon_razz.gif

#17 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:42 PM

Pretty nice shots in there this week.

Billy Ronald: Really simplistic, but even with that, I can see greatness in this shot if you simply:

1: Add LttP tree overhangs, you know, the leaves are over Link and are in most forest shots.

2: Unbox your pond's shape, and path.

3: Add enemies.

With all of this, the screen shot could have been really cool.

DarkFlameWolf: I voted here, not only is it nice use of the Pure tileset, it also is full of life and action. Nice job.

Dorian: This is pretty cool, the only thing I don't like is the grass, I believe there are some actual grass tiles in the classic tileset, but I don't exactly remember.

Linkus: Really nice graphics. The bridge seems to be the focal point, and you didn't have it centered, pretty cool. The only reason I didn't vote here is because there is no action, no moving life. If you put some text in there of something maybe, possibly even a couple of people in there, I would have voted.

Sharon Daniel: 2nd place, the only problem I have here is the mountains. I mean, the color is great, but the mountains themselves just don't draw my eye. Nice all the same though.

#18 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Apr 29 2007, 04:08 PM) View Post

Revfan, I read your comment on Dorian's shot. You are utterly retarded. The only thing that MIGHT be unwalkable near the edge of the screen that is dangerous is the boulder at the top of the screen, and anyone can get out of that with the up key or left icon_razz.gif

Moonwhisper, you should know that's flaming. I'd hope you know not to do that..

#19 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(/M/ @ Apr 30 2007, 02:02 AM) View Post

I must say, you are one stubborn person...

LOL, that's so true allright. icon_razz.gif

Wolfie's screen has definitely the best design, but the screen of Linkus is just so pretty to look at even though someone could say it is a "boring" shot.

Oh well, null vote icon_razz.gif

#20 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

Linkus, because it simply has a level of beauty not to be found in the other screens. It looks like it could have been painted with a brush or something... Very nice. I'd give second place to Sharon Daniel for the general well-craftedness and smooth colors of the screen, followed by DarkFlameWolf for hers being a simple, but well-colored and well-detailed area. Billy Ronald's and Dorian's shots were fine, but didn't catch my eye as much as the other three did.

#21 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:17 AM

Oh, my grass is no good?
I wasn't expecting this... maybe it's because of the transition grass <> dirt. I should make one

and about that boulder at the top of the screen, i can't understand why you argue about this icon_blink.gif

#22 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:02 AM

BR: Needs work. Add something sexy to that shot, it's kinda boring.

DFW: I like it. A little bland, but something just says WOOHOO! about it. I can't point it out.

Dorian: Ah, the Classic set. Slightly edited to make it prettier. Just for the fact that there arent a lot of classic shots, you're second place.

Linkus:Dude, I'm having an eyegasm. It's so awesome. The algae at the bottom of the arch is brilliant. You get my vote.

SD:LOL, I see the oven baked thing. It's nice though. You get third

In order of greatness, I'd say

-Linkus
-Dorian
-SD
-DFW
-BR

I like a lot of the shots this week.

#23 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:28 PM

Billy Ronald
IPB Image

DarkFlameWolf
IPB Image

Dorian
IPB Image

Linkus
IPB Image

Sharon Daniel
IPB Image

Let me see...
Billy Ronald: Well, that is good, HOWEVER add some trees or bushes to make look like a real forest.

DFW: Nice, very nice. Love the birds on the giant tree.

Dorian: Nice design on the (Demo Quest?) tileset. HOWEVER, the boulder at the top of the screen doesen't seem...right.

Linkus: Excellent bridge design. (Want to be a bridge constructure?icon_lol.gif )

Sharon Daniel: Nice shoreline.

I pick... well, it was either DFW or Linkus. But, I can't make up my mind, so I'll null my vote. Sorry.

#24 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:53 PM

tried the new link tiles revfan, but due to palette problems amongst his shoes and his shields across the ring selection and multiple attempts to correct. He still didn't look right regardless of what I did. So I'm just leaving the hybrid Link alone unless something better comes along. Thanks for the attempt anyway.

#25 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:17 PM

(Demo Quest?) tileset

no, it a 100% custom tileset icon_biggrin.gif

#26 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:47 PM

I am totally loving Linkus' shot. The water is very well done, in my opinion. Trees are nice, but maybe not so many? Or move them around... Either way, it got my vote.

#27 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:19 PM

Linkus, as usual.

#28 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(Dorian @ Apr 30 2007, 10:17 PM) View Post

no, it a 100% custom tileset icon_biggrin.gif

I find this hard to believe... icon_sweat.gif

#29 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:38 PM

Custom palette is probably what Dorian meant. Clearly those tiles are from The Legend of Zelda (and are recolored to take advantage of the new palette).

#30 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ May 1 2007, 09:38 PM) View Post
Custom palette is probably what Dorian meant. Clearly those tiles are from The Legend of Zelda (and are recolored to take advantage of the new palette).

Oh, um yeah. I knew that! icon_heh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users