Photo

Best/Worst Final Fantasy Game

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: FINAL FANTASY MANIA!!

Best Final Fantasy Game

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Worst Final Fantasy Game

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:33 AM

Final Fantasies I have played, in order:

1. FF6 (My all time favorite game)
2. FF5
3. FF4
4. FF7
5. FF3
6. FF9
7. FF1
8. FF2
9. FF8
10. FF10 (I hate this one with a passion)

#17 MarioBrosCom

MarioBrosCom

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:32 PM

I think that FFV was the best, and FFII was the worst... just my opinion, though.

#18 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:25 PM

Hm...

FF6 - Incrediable story, characters, music, systems, and Kefka. It is by far the best Final Fantasy they have ever made. Hell, I always use their characters and sprites in my sig.

Worst-
FF8. It sucked.

#19 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:43 PM

I've not played many, but most people find that FF:MQ is the worst (although it's not listed).

From everything I've played in the series, Mystic Quest can be considered somewhat of a failure as a FF in itself, but I still found the game quite fun.

I've seen friends play a lot of the others, and I touched FFVII a bit. While it's the only one I've beaten, I'm just going to cast my vote on FFVI for favorite.

#20 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:09 PM

Final Fantasy VII was the best! Cloud and Sephiroth=Ownage!
I haven't played Final Fantasy Tactics in a long time though. It's strange I don't have the game but I got the instruction booklet. Crystal Chronicles doesn't look as good as the others. I've never finished it yet though.

Edited by Blackdrake1, 04 June 2007 - 06:12 PM.

#21 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:41 AM

IX was the best. The story was excellent... the characters all had their own stories, and their own crises. Vivi was, I thought, the actual defining character... he struggles with his purpose, and his very existence. At the end of the game, the creating force of the universe is against you, and yet the characters are defiant of their fate... similar to in TP, when <SPOILER>Ganondorf rides out of Hyrule Castle and crushes Midna's headpiece... he had enough strength to overpower her Fused Shadow form, and yet Link still fights.<END SPOILER>

And X wasn't as bad as everyone makes it seem. The turn-based system was awesome, as it put more emphasis on strategy than reflexes... plus, it was, along with IX, one of the only video games to make me cry... When <SPOILER>Yuna collapses on the airship because Tidus is phasing out of existence... that was heavy, man.<END SPOILER> I also liked it, because I'm fascinated with religious discussion, and that's pretty much the game right there.

X-2 sucked, however. No redeeming qualities. It was like Josie and the Pussycats, except with an emo chick. icon_razz.gif

#22 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:23 AM

well Ebola if you remember, the powers of the universe was actually just the Iifa Tree. If you remember Garland talking about how the tree itself was just the physical manifestation in their world, how its TRUE form was that of a soul divider to ferry souls from Gaia to Terra. So basically, Kuja killed everyone with Ultima at the end and thus their spirits met up with the Soul Divider (or Necron or the Iifa Tree, whatever you want to call it). Problem is, it also had a mind of its own and was watching the events transpire and felt that the best way to do its job was to simply eliminate all life and return it to the zero world.
Hope that made sense.

anyhoo, my favorites in order:
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II

I haven't played 3, 4 yet, probably never will.

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 06 June 2007 - 06:25 AM.

#23 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:01 AM

Wow! No one ever discussed XI. It's probably not considered a Final Fantasy game.

I haven't played 3, 4 yet, probably never will.

If you have a DS, you can check out the DS version of IV coming soon.

Edited by Trimaster001, 06 June 2007 - 09:03 AM.

#24 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:08 AM

I played these and liked in this order:

FF VII
FF VI
FF IX
FF X
FF IV
FF VIII

The FFVII story and some happenings are great (Gold Saucer at the end of CD1 = awesome fun). Plus, the materia system in FFVII owns all fight system in every FF games.

I don't like how the games from FFX turn into cyberpunk style. FFXII is just a Star Wars remake. The similarities would be enough for Lucas to sue SquarEnix. Not like I mind it, I love Star Wars... I just like the magic+machines concept of FFVI&VII much better.

#25 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:01 PM

Funny you mentioned magitechnology, CastChaos. That's one of the reasons why I really enjoyed Final Fantasy 6. I got pretty bored looking at the later Final Fantasy games, because they looked too modern, without a lot of magitechnology involvement. I especially enjoy the Magitek Armor in Final Fantasy 6.

#26 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jun 6 2007, 06:23 AM) View Post

well Ebola if you remember, the powers of the universe was actually just the Iifa Tree. If you remember Garland talking about how the tree itself was just the physical manifestation in their world, how its TRUE form was that of a soul divider to ferry souls from Gaia to Terra. So basically, Kuja killed everyone with Ultima at the end and thus their spirits met up with the Soul Divider (or Necron or the Iifa Tree, whatever you want to call it). Problem is, it also had a mind of its own and was watching the events transpire and felt that the best way to do its job was to simply eliminate all life and return it to the zero world.
Hope that made sense.

Ah, but what about the crystal? Kuja (he was crazy icon_freak.gif ... I like those villains) was trying to destroy the crystal, because it held the universe together. Necron, at the end, was the crystal. Or at least, I thought so. He just looked very much like the crystal. So, while the Iifa tree linked those two worlds, I thought that it was the crystal that held them together individually. I dunno... I've really got to play it again to brush up on my history.

Oh, and welcome back from your permanent leave, CastChaos. icon_razz.gif

#27 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:14 PM

You never listed Mystic Quest which was very fun.

Anyhow, FFVI was very fun.
I didn't like FF1 at all.

#28 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:19 PM

I absolutely LOVE FFVI, particularly since the game itself takes more than a week to beat, also that there was so much you could do afterward in the World of Ruin.

I personally don't see what is wrong with FFV, I thought it was fun. And I didn't live FFIV so much. Just my opinion.

As for worst, I randomly clicked on something, I didn't really care for that.

#29 elmind

elmind

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:38 PM

It is IMPOSSIBLE! There are more people saying that FFV and FFII are the worst! But why?! FFV has lotsa of classes while FFII has some interesting way to level up...

#30 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE(elmind @ Jun 6 2007, 01:38 PM) View Post

It is IMPOSSIBLE! There are more people saying that FFV and FFII are the worst! But why?! FFV has lotsa of classes while FFII has some interesting way to level up...

Just because a game features a unique idea doesn't always mean it works. I am interested in the job system, myself, but there are many people who aren't. Also, I didn't mind FFII's stat-gaining system, but there are many people who just prefer levelling up. There are many unique features you can put in a game. But, it is how well people like the feature that counts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users