nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

~Map of the Month Leaderboards~
Last updated with the results of Map of the Month 58

What the heck is this?
You've found the Map of the Month leaderboards. Each leaderboard ranks everybody who has entered the contest based on different criteria, such as votes, points, victories, and total entries.

What are points?
Good question! You get one point for each vote you receive in a contest, and an additional point for every vote by which you defeat your competitors. So if I get 15 votes in a contest and I beat my two opponents by 7 and 11 votes, I get 15 + 7 + 11 = 33 points.

Why bother with points?
The point system emphasizes blowout victories in large contests. Generally, getting 15 votes is more impressive in a ten-person contest than in a two-person duel. The points will reflect this but a vote sum won't.

How are ties broken?
The tie-breaking process starts at the most recent Map of the Month and works backward until one member receives more votes than the other member in a contest. Most often, the tie is broken when one member enters a competition but another doesn't; in this case, the entering member gets the upper hand. In the bizarre situation where two members have identical records dating back to the start of Map of the Month, alphabetical order is the deciding factor. Don't expect this to happen often.

Why so serious?
Serious? Nah, this is all for fun. icon_smile.gif I just wanted a way to look at long-term stats. There are no prizes or anything. What? Somebody told you there was cake? No, that's a lie.

Top vote-getters
Top scorers
Winningest members
Most frequent submitters

Also see the Map of the Month Archive

Edited by nicklegends, 31 December 2014 - 02:31 PM.

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:10 AM

Well, who would've guessed! :0

This is cool. I suppose it's timeconsuming to create such a list (so thank you for your time!) but it would be cool to see it for SotW, too.

#3 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

This is cool, and very creative! Thanks for putting it up.
I'm pretty high up there, too. icon_biggrin.gif

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

Wow, alot higher then I thought I'd be. icon_biggrin.gif

#5 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

Thanks for your feedback, everybody. icon_smile.gif

I'm not completely satisfied with the vote-totaling method because it discriminates against members in contests with high participation, where votes are harder to come by. Because of that, I added an alternate leaderboard "by margins" that takes into account not only the number of votes you receive, but also your margin of victory over all of the other members in each contest. It's a little obtuse so I put it in a "hidden" block, but I'm not gonna lie; I think it's pretty nifty. icon_wink.gif I hope you do too.

Hopefully I'm not making this stuff too technical... it's just that with a monthly contest, there's a lot of extra time to fiddle around. Feel free to share your comments or point out my mistakes (or point out my nerdiness icon_nerd.gif).

#6 Rastael

Rastael

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:00 AM

I didn't noticed that thread before. It's great to see, how much every user supports that contest. ^^

• nicklegends likes this

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

Thanks, Rastael. :) You also remind me that I'm seriously late in updating this topic (and the archives). I'll do it once MotM 50 is settled.

#8 Rastael

Rastael

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

Please don't forget to change "Lord Settra!" to "Rastael". :D

#9 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Yes, I have a big list of name changes for the SotW stats that aren't reflected here. Not to fear.

#10 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Leaderboards and archives have been updated. Please let me know in this topic or a PM if you see any old names that should be changed to new ones. Thanks!
  • Jared likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users