Photo

Map of the Month 29

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 29 (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite map!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hello friends and family and enemies! Map of the Years' first bracket is now up! (I just edited in the link right now, so slow down, cowboy/cowgirl/cowalien!) There'll be one new bracket once a week until the finals, which adds up to 4 weeks, which is just about a month, so that actually works out really well! For more details, go click into that thread! Gogogo!

Anyway, just 'cause Map of the Years is starting doesn't mean Map of the Month isn't starting! We have 3 maps this month for you to vote on. Good luck to our entrants, and may the most beautiful poodle win.

Someday Migokalle will descend from the heavens and actually post MotM again. Someday. I promise. icon_frown.gif

Map of the Month 29

Hubydweyer
Ah want ye tae bide in mah arms, in mah heed, in mah een, in mah heart, in mah lungs, in mah lungs, in mah lungs, in mah lungs in mah lungs in mah lungs in mah lungs in mah lungs in mah lungs, laddie.

Evan20000
Link must explore this unholy chapel's catacombs while being stalked by an unseen menace.

Russ
You have never seen this map before I swear. Any coincidences are coincidental.

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Definitely Hubydweyer. Looks classic, and I personally think it's the best out of the three. Well done. icon_smile.gif

#3 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hubydweyer hands down won this for me, it is such a classic GB looking shot.

#4 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hubydweyerm that is beautiful. I would vote for you if I didn't abstain.

Russ, that's a neat classic map. Looks very playable!

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

I voted for Russ's, it looks the best of the three just by a hair. I tend not to be wowed as much by dungeon shots but Evan's is pretty good. Huby's is also a nice map as well. Can't really think of much to say about them. Well done.

#6 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Hubydweyer's isn't bad in any way I'd mention, but it's a bit too uniform and uninteresting to compete. Just a Gameboy swamp.

Evan20000 has a decently constructured LA-style dungeon, with nice LA-style walls, but the overall layout wasn't quite enough to catch my attention.

Now, Russ... this is the first time that a Classic map has made me say "hey, wow." It uses simple graphics, but in such a way that when taken as a whole, it really looks like a viable mountainside. icon_biggrin.gif I love it when old graphics are taken to a new level through creative and interesting usage. Russ gets my vote. icon_thumbsup.gif

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

Hubydweyer: The usage of GB tiles is solid, but I find the whole area to be a tad boring. Zelda games tend to have a lot more variety between screens, and I like it better that way. icon_shrug.gif

Evan20000: Very good design, though it lacks a certain wow factor.

Russ: I dunno... it's a lot of green, but you apply it well to form a creative landscape that would put Zelda 1 to shame.

It was a tough choice between Evan20000 and Russ, but I'll go with Russ.

#8 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:17 AM

Russ, the only problem with your map that I have is that you aren't using the mountain "top" combo almost anywhere, which makes the rock faces look awkward and somewhat artificial. I assume that it was supposed to make it look more like a ledge or something, but I think it could have been done better.

#9 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

Map of the Month 29 Results
Hubydweyer [10] ** [40.00%]
Evan20000 [6] ** [24.00%]
Russ [9] ** [36.00%]

Congratulations to Hubydweyer for winning this contest despite the caption from LCD Soundsystem!

I'm only kidding. LCD Soundsystem is okay.

But no, seriously, Starf***er is terrible.

I'm only kidding. Starf***er is pretty cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users