• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(Powerbracelet @ May 17 2008, 02:52 PM) View Post

I honestly never believed that the great sea dried up, as Kakariko village existed before and after the great sea yet no where in between. But you summed it up pretty well, russ.

What about Windfall Island? Couldn't that be Kakiriko Village? After all, Kakiriko was on a plateau of sorts.

QUOTE(TheMasterSwordsman @ May 17 2008, 03:08 PM) View Post

I think Moony brought something up that very few Zelda fans have ever really paid much attention to: What about Kasuto? Who was Kasuto, and where does he fall in the series other than having his/her name just a random town name in Zelda II?

I want to know more about this Kasuto figure. Who is he/she?

Well, if you go to zeldacomic.com, you can see one theory. The site is a story based off Zelda 2 that is downright hilarious, and it explains who Kasuto is.

QUOTE(AaronJer @ May 17 2008, 03:28 PM) View Post

Here's a list of traits that ALWAYS follow the characters:

Link:
A desire to find cooler swords.
A compulsion for lifting things above his head and making strange sounds.
A strange inability to speak.

Ganon:
Has a hobby of finding ways to resurrect himself. (why he could easily come back in TP sequel even if he's dead. Which he's NOT! He's just taking a break!)
Likes to restrict the movements of Zelda.
Always knows everything about what's going on but manages to lose anyway.

Zelda:
Gets seemingly no benefit from her Triforce whatsoever.
Doesn't know how to raise an army.
Is a kidnapper magnet.

All I have to say is lol. That is hilarious. Although, Link does talk. We just can never see his text box. There are cases where he explains whole stories, but we just don't see the words. And Ganon doesn't always kidnap Zelda. She often escapes his clutches. Bowser, on the other hand... As for Zelda, her triforce does give her a benefit. In OoT, she could turn into Sheik and trap Ganon. In FS, she could sense evil. In LttP, she could break the barrier on Ganon's castle. You get the point.

#47 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 17 2008, 05:40 PM) View Post

What about Windfall Island? Couldn't that be Kakiriko Village? After all, Kakiriko was on a plateau of sorts.

Windfall doesn't have a graveyard. And in comparison to sunken hyrule, Windfall has a much bigger height advantage than Kakiriko had on hyrule.

#48 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(Powerbracelet @ May 17 2008, 12:27 PM) View Post

The Kokiri and the Zora? It's not like the Sages live forever-they hand down their medallions through their race.

Saria---Hands down to---->Wind Guardian, the Kokiri Kid
Ruto ---Hands down to---->Earth Guardian, the Zora Sage

Late reply but Saria had the Forest Medalion and Ruto had the Water Medallion. Even IF you're refering to the beta of OoT Ruto's medalion would have been ice instead of earth.

So I doubt this to be true.

QUOTE(Powerbracelet @ May 17 2008, 06:51 PM) View Post

Windfall doesn't have a graveyard. And in comparison to sunken hyrule, Windfall has a much bigger height advantage than Kakiriko had on hyrule.

You have a point, but Windfall could easily be a summit of a mountain near Death Mountain, the problem would be that Death Mountain wouldn't be as tall as this area, and the place where the Power Bracelet is much more like Death Mountain than Windfall. Oddly, though, Windfall Island is has the same name as Windfall, which leads me to speculate that Termina WASN'T in an alternate dimension and, infact, a neighboring country to Hyrule. It could be noted that IF Hyrule and Termina are neighboring countries, they both would be effected, and thus, Windfall Island is Windfall Peak from Termina.

Edited by Alestance, 17 May 2008 - 06:07 PM.

#49 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:49 PM

Windfall peak? Where was that?

Powebraclet, couldn't the graveyard just have been built on lower ground, or destroyed over the years? If you recall, in LttP, it didn't have a graveyard. When you're at the foot of an active volcano, stuff can be destroyed. Which is another thing. In OoT, Death mountain is active. In LttP, it's extinct. We can assume that a flood, like that of WW, would have cooled the interior of the volcano, making it extinct.

#50 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

Two things:
1: Death Mountain is still active. Why else would there be lava inside Turtle Rock and lava rivers outside (at least in the Dark World). And as the Light and Dark overworlds are roughly the same, you can still expect Death Mountain to have lava inside it. So it's just dormant.
2: People still build stuff at the feet of volcanoes. Just look at Pompeii (Roman-era or Present) - Vesuvius is still active, but just hasn't erupted in a while. And volcanoes of that sort rarely erupt, even when they are considered active.

#51 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

Windfall was a mountain in Termina.

Edited by Alestance, 17 May 2008 - 07:21 PM.

#52 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(Pheonix @ May 17 2008, 05:20 PM) View Post

Two things:
1: Death Mountain is still active. Why else would there be lava inside Turtle Rock and lava rivers outside (at least in the Dark World). And as the Light and Dark overworlds are roughly the same, you can still expect Death Mountain to have lava inside it. So it's just dormant.
2: People still build stuff at the feet of volcanoes. Just look at Pompeii (Roman-era or Present) - Vesuvius is still active, but just hasn't erupted in a while. And volcanoes of that sort rarely erupt, even when they are considered active.

1: Death Mountain is only active in the Dark World, because of Ganon's corruption of the Sacred realm. In Hyrule, it's extinct.

2: Funny you should mention Pompeii. i was just there about a month ago.

QUOTE(Alestance @ May 17 2008, 05:20 PM) View Post

Windfall was a mountain in Termina.

That was Woodfall. Not Windfall.

#53 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:43 PM

The windfall island music is a slight remix of the original Kakaricko village music if you listen carefully. And Outset Island's music is a remix of kokiri forest's music. If they have connections in music, then you can tell which place is above what on the Great Sea.

#54 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 17 2008, 08:39 PM) View Post

That was Woodfall. Not Windfall.

I swore it was windfall... oh well... goes to show how long I haven't played MM.

#55 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ May 17 2008, 05:43 PM) View Post

The windfall island music is a slight remix of the original Kakaricko village music if you listen carefully. And Outset Island's music is a remix of kokiri forest's music. If they have connections in music, then you can tell which place is above what on the Great Sea.

Kokiri Forest and Outset Island? I never heard the similarity. I've haven't heard Windfall Island much, so I wouldn't know that one.

#56 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:32 AM

It has a different rhythm and speed but it's a small remix. Listen very carefully to outset island's theme. VERY closely.

#57 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:11 PM

@ alestance, woodfall got it's name because it was the forest area, hence, the land of the deku scrubs.

And yes, I notice similarities in the music. They both have different fill melodies, but the base melody is the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users