The mirror is shattered.
Everything goes back to normal.

What's left to add on?

#17 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:51 AM

I still think PH needs a real sequel. If they were going to make a sequel to WW, they should at least keep going until they have a good wii game to do WW justice. Cause lemme tell ya, PH didn't. I actually reserved a copy of that game; I was sorely disappointed.

#18 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 14 2008, 06:48 PM) View Post

What's left to add on?

I dunno... a spoiler tag maybe? jk...
But I agree, TP wouldn't need a sequel... infact, I would rather like to get somting new...

#19 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:56 PM

Well, maybe. But I wouldn't count on it. There's enough people complaining about how TP is too alike to OOT. If they made another TP, maybe it will be considered too much like MM. Who knows really?

#20 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ May 15 2008, 02:56 PM) View Post

Well, maybe. But I wouldn't count on it. There's enough people complaining about how TP is too alike to OOT. If they made another TP, maybe it will be considered too much like MM. Who knows really?

That I would be fine with. MM is the best game ever!

#21 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 15 2008, 08:29 PM) View Post

That I would be fine with. MM is the best game ever!

I agree. MM was awesome, and I'd like to see something like that again. I actually wouldn't mind if the next zelda was just MM in TP graphics with new twists and different looking places. icon_razz.gif

#22 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:01 AM

Okay, everybody, let's review....and this time, not based not just on how big the Zelda titles are, but what system they're on:

NES
The Legend of Zelda -> Zelda 2: Adventure of Link
Both feature the "original" Link at different ages.

SNES
Not applicable; only one full Zelda title was made on the system.

Gameboy
Same as SNES, unless you count GBC....

Gameboy Color
Since they were released almost simultaneously, the Oracle games don't quite count as "sequels" to one another, but they use the same Link, nonetheless.

N64
Ocarina of Time -> Majora's Mask
Featured the same "Hero of Time" Link, aged slightly from his child version between OoT and MM.

Gameboy Advance
Not applicable; only one full Zelda title was made on the system.

Gamecube
The cel-shaded and realistic Zelda franchises split.

DS
Still to early to tell whether it will have another full Zelda title, but the cartoon style seems to live on from Wind Waker and Minish Cap.

....Now, from Gamecube on, things have been a little weirder. First of all, handheld systems are now capable of making larger, more all-encompassing titles, as opposed to the bite-size sidestory games of the original Gameboy. The result: it seems that the Wind Waker-style cartoony Zelda franchise has moved to handhelds. Every cel-shaded Zelda game to be made since Wind Waker has been either on a handheld, or handheld-related (basically that means FSA). This suits Nintendo of Japan, since Nintendo handhelds DOMINATE in Japan and the Japanese typically prefer cute over epic. icon_razz.gif

I expect Twilight Princess Link will be used. However, given the unusual circumstances (TP had GC graphics on the Wii, effectively in limbo between the two consoles), they'll probably redesign the characters to take advantage of the added power of the Wii's processor.

Will it continue TP's story?... If forced to make a guess, I'd bet on it being a continuation, but it depends on how much time Nintendo spends on the new title. They have more time than they did between OoT and MM, since TP was released shortly after the Wii's launch. That suggests the possibility of an all-new engine with a new Link. But marketing comes into play as well... and I'm not about to guess what kind of business approach they're taking on the matter. I hope they continue to see the more serious Zelda franchise as profitable in the West. icon_shrug.gif

#23 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ May 15 2008, 07:07 PM) View Post

I agree. MM was awesome, and I'd like to see something like that again. I actually wouldn't mind if the next zelda was just MM in TP graphics with new twists and different looking places. icon_razz.gif

I'd be happy if they did that. Just update the graphics, make the dungeons a bit harder, and make the Stone Tower have a bigger part in the plot. That level was the best one ever! Especially when you look at some of the theories behind it, like this one: http://zelda.vgrc.ne...p;id=1210462851

#24 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:34 PM

I personally believe that they need to make a fresh, new Zelda. Not add onto one of the other storylines. I would like to play a Zelda that doesn't already have a past or a future, a new slate. But either way, I can't wait to see what the next one will be.

#25 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(Hero Link @ May 16 2008, 05:34 PM) View Post

I personally believe that they need to make a fresh, new Zelda. Not add onto one of the other storylines. I would like to play a Zelda that doesn't already have a past or a future, a new slate. But either way, I can't wait to see what the next one will be.

So basically, erasing all that has been done and have Zelda take an entirely new turn? I like how you think; forget courage power and wisdom, because it's too formulaic....perhaps one akin to Elric of Melnibone, that would be cool...have Link summon Din as Elric summons Straasha...

#26 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

I'd like to see a parallel to MM... Building onto TP, but mostly Termina. Or even like a "Return of the Skull Kid" type game. Skull Kid was in TP. (He was that annoying freak in the Lost Woods that you encounter twice in the game and played that annoying trumpet.)

Majora's Mask is severely underrated. Using a decision matrix, it ranks even with OoT for me. That was under like 10 criteria.

#27 AaronJer

AaronJer

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 14 2008, 05:48 PM) View Post

I don't think it will be a TP sequel. At the end of TP:
Ganondorf dies.

I disagree with that. Link stabs hims and then he just kinda stands there. Who doesn't fall over when they get mortally wounded? It looked to me like he was just takin' a break. He could very easily decide to start walking around again and cause some trouble in a sequel.

#28 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:52 AM

Although one could argue that Link stabbing Ganondorf in the head and him turning to stone in WW is not enough to seal Ganondorf away; there needs to be a proper seal to lock away Ganondorf.

If you didn't see the seven sages actually do it, it didn't happen.

Edited by Powerbracelet, 17 May 2008 - 08:53 AM.

#29 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

There are more than 7 Sages. According to Wind Waker, there are 2 more. There are 9 Sages so far.

#30 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:27 AM

The Kokiri and the Zora? It's not like the Sages live forever-they hand down their medallions through their race.

Saria---Hands down to---->Wind Guardian, the Kokiri Kid
Ruto ---Hands down to---->Earth Guardian, the Zora Sage

Edited by Powerbracelet, 17 May 2008 - 11:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users