Minish Cap caves.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:23 PM

Does anyone have the Minish Cap cave tiles with a ZC compatible palette? The ones in the Adventure set have an odd looking palette and I wanted to use the real colors. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

#2 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:48 PM

I think I ripped that palette directly.
If I remember right though I created a bunch of palettes besides, you may just have to look through them until you find the original rip

#3 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:19 AM

Yeah, I found them. Thanks Freedom. How did you rip all those tiles so good btw? I've tried and it's freakin hard. I just don't get how you did it.

#4 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:27 AM

IPB Image
These caves?

#5 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

Actually these ones:IPB Image
I'm just going to wrestle these palettes to work with the adventure set tiles.

Thanks anyways Limzo. icon_wink.gif

#6 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(Evan the great @ Jul 28 2007, 12:19 AM) View Post

Yeah, I found them. Thanks Freedom. How did you rip all those tiles so good btw? I've tried and it's freakin hard. I just don't get how you did it.

I don't know if my way was the best way or not.
I took screenshots and then put it in paintshop pro and removed everything except what I wanted, like the walls, then reduced the palette to 16 after everything else was removed, and then loaded them and the palette into ZC.
That's why I believe the palette colors are all correct, although it may not be the palette you are looking at, since I also made some up for variety.
Sometimes you can turn layers off in the emulator and save a step, sometimes not.
Took a long time to do the Adventure set.

#7 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:12 PM

That sounds like what I was I was trying to do, but you were obviously alot better at it. icon_razz.gif Good job and thank you once again. icon_wink.gif

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

No, it's definitely quality work. icon_shrug.gif I'm not sure if I could (Dare!!) do any better.

( IPB Image * Gives Positive Rep * )

If I find a better method than yours, I'll share it or something. This was is pretty damn good though. But where did you get Paintshop Pro though, Freedom? Did it come with the computer, or is it a freeware or non-trial version that you downloaded somewhere?

Also, I highly recommend both GIF Movie Gear for cropping, resizing, and Palette Reduction (Seems remarkably efficient.) and even better, GraphicsGale for palette manipulation. It can do the most amazing thing; It can switch the colors on the Palette, moving them around, without affecting the tiles. It makes recoloring an entire tiles page at a time a snap.

I just need an excuse to use it. X x. Again, it affects the whole image, (Often consisting of the whole tiles page.) So it's clearly a very powerful tool. The cropping can be difficult.

So use Movie Gear for cropping and then palette reduction, then GraphicsGale for palette manipulation. A winning, if tedious, combination.

#9 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(Evan the great @ Jul 28 2007, 07:17 PM) View Post

Actually these ones:IPB Image
I'm just going to wrestle these palettes to work with the adventure set tiles.

Thanks anyways Limzo. icon_wink.gif

How do you get shots like that?

#10 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:51 PM

I assume your using Visual Boy Advance right? Well when your on the screen you want to view click on Tools->Map Viewer and then just play around with the BG buttons until you get the layer you want and just click save! Easy as that. icon_wink.gif

#11 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jul 28 2007, 08:14 PM) View Post

No, it's definitely quality work. icon_shrug.gif I'm not sure if I could (Dare!!) do any better.

( IPB Image * Gives Positive Rep * )
If I find a better method than yours, I'll share it or something. This was is pretty damn good though. But where did you get Paintshop Pro though, Freedom? Did it come with the computer, or is it a freeware or non-trial version that you downloaded somewhere?

Also, I highly recommend both GIF Movie Gear for cropping, resizing, and Palette Reduction (Seems remarkably efficient.) and even better, GraphicsGale for palette manipulation. It can do the most amazing thing; It can switch the colors on the Palette, moving them around, without affecting the tiles. It makes recoloring an entire tiles page at a time a snap.

I just need an excuse to use it. X x. Again, it affects the whole image, (Often consisting of the whole tiles page.) So it's clearly a very powerful tool. The cropping can be difficult.
So use Movie Gear for cropping and then palette reduction, then GraphicsGale for palette manipulation. A winning, if tedious, combination.

How does it do that?
I downloaded it long ago and never could figure out how to get it to move colors around in the cset and have the image adjust as well.
I don't have this on my newer computer now, but I think it's still on my other one.

#12 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:59 PM

I prefer a combo of The Gimp and GraphicsGale. Though, The Gimp does most small scale things that I need done, including palette manipulation/reduction.

GraphicsGale's palette tool is quite useful, though. It's the window entitled 'Palette'. Once you have a reduced cset, you can drag colors around in graphicsgale like it's nobody's business.

I'd show an example but, I don't have a reduced image in front of me right now and, I have to leave soon. However, the palette window is accessed by clicking on 'View'. It's above 'Preview' and 'Toolbar'.

#13 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(Freedom @ Jul 29 2007, 02:32 PM) View Post

How does it do that?
I downloaded it long ago and never could figure out how to get it to move colors around in the cset and have the image adjust as well.
I don't have this on my newer computer now, but I think it's still on my other one.

When you load a palette there is a check box that says "Match Pixels with Colors". Checking that will make the image conform to the new palette arrangment. It's a bad idea to use this, however, if you're working with more than 16 colors, 'cause a tile could be changed to use colors from more than one cset.

Graphics Gale is definitely FTW, I must say. I use it A LOT.

#14 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

I got better rips, just take them straight out of Origin, but give credit to Radien who ripped them for me in the first place. Those are nice Minish Cap tiles, with two new palettes to use them in too!

#15 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jul 29 2007, 05:14 PM) View Post

I got better rips, just take them straight out of Origin, but give credit to Radien who ripped them for me in the first place. Those are nice Minish Cap tiles, with two new palettes to use them in too!

Umm, what? Are you telling me to rip tiles straight out of your quest? I don't really want to do that because I don't want to get into trouble icon_blind.gif If you could PM them to me I'd be really happy though icon_biggrin.gif. But its your decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users