BS/MC/LttP Tile Collection

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:08 AM

Some of you might remember this tileset I was putting together a while ago. It's an attempt to cross tMC, BS Zelda and aLttP into one visual style. I haven't really put much stuff into it, but I remember that some members liked it, so I thought I might as well share the stuff with you guys.

Credit goes to Relic (for his Hyrule Fantasy which obviously inspired this), Radien, Evile and Linkus. Actually, to all the contributers of the BS, DoR and MZC tilesets.

You can download a .qst file that contains all the tiles here: BSMC_Resource.qst - 952.2 Kb (This hoster will delete the file quite soon. If somebody knows a better place to host it, go ahead. I will update this post with the new link.)

Mediafire-Link: http://www.mediafire...ouy2oiuf13xymm8 (Thank you, Ventus!)

Screenshots:
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

The 'tileset' uses a custom palette structure that will not be compatible with DoR etc. If somebody feels like recolouring the tiles for other tilesets be so nice and post your results in this thread so other's can use them, too. All the palettes here are custom by me but you are of course free to use them (rearrange them if you like for other tilesets) for whatever you see fit.

I will browse my folders and check whether I have more resources lying around that aren't in the tileset but fit stylistically.

Edit: Found some things. Nothing much, though. First comes some subscreen stuff:
IPB ImageIPB Image

Here's some alternate incarnation of the tileset. I believe the round grass corners (rip here: http://i.imgur.com/J9E0K.png) aren't included in the BS/MC .qst; also an idea what you could do with the tiles alternately (plus, the diagonal tMC water is taboo; I have no permission to share them); I think these are MZC palettes:
IPB ImageIPB Image

And lastly one more palette. Credit goes to Linkus:
IPB Image

Edited by Yoshimi, 07 August 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#2 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

Use mediafire, it's a much better hosting site that doesn't take down your stuff. I just downloaded the file.

#3 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

I have to say that this looks very pleasing to the eyes. I'll be seeing what can I do with it.

And also I uploaded it to Media Fire, here the Link.

http://www.mediafire...ouy2oiuf13xymm8

Edited by Ventus, 04 August 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#4 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

I've updated the first post with the mediafire link. Thank you, Ventus!

#5 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE(Yoshimi @ Aug 4 2012, 09:11 AM) View Post

I've updated the first post with the mediafire link. Thank you, Ventus!

No problem!.
Its also in my account. so you shouldn't have to worry about it ever being deleted. so the link should stay up for a long time icon_wink.gif

#6 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

So the tiles have been available this weekend now.

Has anybody browsed through them or build something with it yet? I'm interested in your opinions (and screens if you made some! icon_smile.gif)

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

I haven't downloaded it, but judging by the screenshots, the actual graphical combinations look excellent. icon_smile.gif

Now, one opinion, though: I don't think the lapping waves used for BS beaches look as good in this tileset, because they are extremely flat-looking, while all the new LttP/MC/edited BS tiles you've added have made the entire tileset "pop out" more. They don't look horrible, but they are the weakest part of the screenshots you've shown.

#8 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

Well I gave them a look over, and... I'm quite pleased with them. They look great very very nice, I've taken some time and a slapped together screen.

IPB Image
I don't know how good I'm am with them. but I think I done a pretty decent job icon_razz.gif
I might add some link sprites to it and add some dungeon wall's and doors and I "might" try making a short quest with them.

#9 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Aug 6 2012, 02:25 PM) View Post

I haven't downloaded it, but judging by the screenshots, the actual graphical combinations look excellent. icon_smile.gif

Now, one opinion, though: I don't think the lapping waves used for BS beaches look as good in this tileset, because they are extremely flat-looking, while all the new LttP/MC/edited BS tiles you've added have made the entire tileset "pop out" more. They don't look horrible, but they are the weakest part of the screenshots you've shown.

You haven't downloaded it? Good icon_razz.gif, because if you did you would see that the weakest point is probably the "organization" of the thing: there is next to none D:
Glad you like the style, though. I actually have to agree about the BS beaches with you. Some other tiles might do a better job at it. Hmmm.

QUOTE(Ventus @ Aug 6 2012, 03:12 PM) View Post

Well I gave them a look over, and... I'm quite pleased with them. They look great very very nice, I've taken some time and a slapped together screen.

IPB Image
I don't know how good I'm am with them. but I think I done a pretty decent job icon_razz.gif
I might add some link sprites to it and add some dungeon wall's and doors and I "might" try making a short quest with them.

It's not exactly the screendesign choices I'd make but it looks like you are using the tiles right. icon_smile.gif

NEWS: I've just exchanged PMs with Bourkification who has also been working with some of it and he might add more tiles to it and make a rerelease. If I recall right he has a bunch of nice sprites lying around and he also mentioned something about adding interior graphics. So, stay tuned! icon_smile.gif

Edited by Yoshimi, 06 August 2012 - 08:45 AM.

#10 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

@Yoshimi: Looks quite nice! At first, I couldn't tell the tiles apart (meaning, which style was from which).
One comment, though, on the screen with the bridge, the edge of the bridge should be modified so that it blends in with the cliffside better. What I mean is that some of the jagged rocks should overlap the current black edge of the bridge.
Also, the bottoms of the pillars of the bridge should have the same highlight that the rocks have where they meet the water. (Okay, so that's two comments, not just one. So sue me! icon_razz.gif )

@Ventus: For the most part, it looks good. The only issue I have is the top center. At first, I couldn't tell if it was a walkway or a solid wall. If you are making it so that Link can walk under that stone part, a layer of shadow would be necessary. (I haven't downloaded it, so I don't know if it already has shadow tiles/combos.)

#11 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

tell us who made the diagonal water tiles so we may pester them into "approving" of use. I don't get why folks don't like to share everything; I feel like such policies hold us all back. great set. now find a way to add NoeL's funky set.

#12 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

Not to be a burden, but didn't I work on one of the palettes in the set for you Yoshimi? I still have copies of it. icon_unsettled.gif

#13 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

Okay, I think I got the hang of the tileset. Any thoughts on how it looks? This is a very nice tileset Yoshimi!
IPB Image

#14 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE(Sepulcher @ Aug 7 2012, 04:09 AM) View Post

Not to be a burden, but didn't I work on one of the palettes in the set for you Yoshimi? I still have copies of it. icon_unsettled.gif

I'm sorry, I don't remember. I don't really know what to say either. icon_shrug.gif

Anyways, the screen looks nice. Well done icon_smile.gif

#15 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE(Yoshimi @ Aug 7 2012, 03:20 AM) View Post

I'm sorry, I don't remember. I don't really know what to say either. icon_shrug.gif

Anyways, the screen looks nice. Well done icon_smile.gif

Don't worry bro, it's fine either way! icon_smile.gif I was just curious. I actually did make a palette for you via PM where you were asking me if I could make it look like skyloft's colors. icon_biggrin.gif I remembered as soon as I looked at my files in my computer. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the compliments on the screen, but I believe I should be complimenting you and Bourkification on your amazing work! icon_smile.gif

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users