Super Special Items: Crab Suit, Poe Hood, Mystic Beard

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

I'm building a quest based on the wacky requests and demands of this forum over here.

The coolest ideas so far are the Crab Suit, Poe Hood, and Mystic Beard.

The Crab Suit is a toggle item. When Link wears it, he moves slowly, but has high defense and can swim in deep water. He can also attack by blowing bubbles. But he's extremely weak to Fire.

The Poe Hood uses up Magic as long as it's active. When Link wears it, he turns into a Poe and hovers over the floor (making him immune to warps, spikes and most enemies), and can pass through certain solid combos. Getting caught in a beam of light will instantly turn him back to normal.

The Mystic Beard is the centerpiece of the quest. It's a musical instrument that replaces the Flute and can play multiple songs as Link learns them through the quest.

Anyone brave or foolish enough to try to script these awesome items? Because I have no idea how to do it!

#2 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

I know I could script at least part of the Crab Suit, except for the slow movement, and being weak to fire part (possibly the water movement, depending on what you want). You should give us more specifics, though. How slow do you want Link to move? How much defense does he get? Do you want him to swim in regular water, or a special kind of water? Also, any other specifics that would be helpful.

#3 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

I'm thinking the Crab Suit mainly gives Link the Gold Ring and Flippers while it's active. But he can only move at half his normal walking speed, and he can't use his Sword (or other Button items, for that matter) while wearing the suit. And damage from enemy Flame weapons is tripled.

If possible, I'd also like it to work with "underwater room" and "ultra-heated room" FFCs. When in an underwater room, Link constantly loses health if he is not wearing the crab suit. And in an ultra-heated room, he loses health if he is wearing the crab suit.

Edited by Dart Zaidyer, 22 February 2010 - 02:12 PM.

#4 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:38 PM

Hmm... Alright, I can probably make most of that for you. Although I can't promise on the movement speed or the triple fire weapon damage. Also, you said you wanted a bubble attack. Do you want that to go fast, or slow? Also, how much damage do you want it to deal?

EDIT: Never mind about the bubble properties. I'll just let it be customizable.

Edited by Daemon, 22 February 2010 - 03:01 PM.

#5 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:12 PM

CODE
bool SlowWalk = false;
void HalfSpeedWalk(){
    SlowWalk = !SlowWalk;
    if(SlowWalk) return;
    if(Link->InputUp) Link->InputUp = false;
    if(Link->InputDown) Link->InputDown = false;
    if(Link->InputLeft) Link->InputLeft = false;
    if(Link->InputRight) Link->InputRight = false;
}

Make sure the boolean's at global scope.

#6 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(Daemon @ Feb 22 2010, 02:38 PM) View Post

Hmm... Alright, I can probably make most of that for you. Although I can't promise on the movement speed or the triple fire weapon damage. Also, you said you wanted a bubble attack. Do you want that to go fast, or slow? Also, how much damage do you want it to deal?

EDIT: Never mind about the bubble properties. I'll just let it be customizable.

Hey, awesome! Thanks!

#7 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:55 AM

Hey, do I get to make requests for your game too?! icon_biggrin.gif

What would happen if I asked for you to add X scripted weapons, but.. haha, as it turns out I already made them. o: Would you use them?

#8 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(Gleeok @ Feb 23 2010, 12:55 AM) View Post

Hey, do I get to make requests for your game too?! icon_biggrin.gif

What would happen if I asked for you to add X scripted weapons, but.. haha, as it turns out I already made them. o: Would you use them?

In this case, I don't see why not.

#9 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:07 PM

Alright but you better brace yourself! icon_biggrin.gif

Off hand for LOZ style weapons I have made a while ago, I can think of these:

Multirang - replacement for lv>1 boomerang. can rapid fire short ranged boomerangs with every button press.
Flamethrower - Replacement for candles later in the game. Throws streams of fire. *Toasty*
Deadly Wind - Shoot a whirlwind, but instead of damaging enemies it sucks them in and carries them.

heheh.. You can also use Saffith's Haduken and my Dragon punch and hurricane kick off that. That'll be fun. ^_^

Rainbow Orb - Fires a slow moving orb that shoots rainbow rays at nearby enemies which may heal them partially, do nothing, damage them, or push them. It's mysterious.
Malor - fire a projectile then you can teleport to it.
Potion of everlasting life - You can use it as many times as you want, but each time will take one heart. (Could also make it use rupees too maybe)
Oh..Missile launcher - 'Nuff said.

There's more but you get the idea.

#10 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:05 PM

Hey, awesome. Feel free to send this stuff along via PM or E-Mail.

#11 Zim

Zim

Freelance Nobody

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

I'll do the poe hood. That sounds really fun.
The Poe Hood uses up Magic as long as it's active. When Link wears it, he turns into a Poe and hovers over the floor (making him immune to warps, spikes and most enemies), and can pass through certain solid combos. Getting caught in a beam of light will instantly turn him back to normal.

edit:
the overhead view of the Poe Hood script is done and has been submitted to the database.

I was going to script the sideview gravity part too, but I don't know how to call to the screen flag for gravity yet.
Screen->Flags[0, 3]? For sideview gravity?
std.zh says ORed together...
I'll read up some more on ZScript soon if noone reads this and answers, but a little help is always much appreciated.

Edited by Zim, 19 May 2010 - 04:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users