Photo

what's the one tileset you wish purezc had?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:51 AM

Anything that becomes a commonly used set and changes the fact that 99% plus a bunch of quests are either DoR or Pure. One without the usual stereotypes and with new style tiles.

I'd like a tileset with a lot of 2D-ized tiles from 3D platformers (Spyro, Croc, Crash, etc.) and/or Ultima tiles. An Ultima tileset would be great. REALLY great.

I'm now making a new tileset that I hope will be as used as Pure and DoR... I hope...

#17 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE(Giggidy @ Jul 9 2008, 11:39 PM) View Post

You know what I wish this website had? A tileset that can magically change to fit the needs of any questmaker. That way, there would be no need for people to sit around and think "I wish we had an x tileset!"

Oh yeah, that one already exists. It's called the Default Tileset with ZC's graphic editing features.

Seriously people, quit being lazy ;/

Somari is a freaking hard game!

QUOTE(Giggidy @ Jul 10 2008, 12:41 AM) View Post

A tileset you make yourself will almost always look better and work more effectively than a tileset someone else made. Perhaps this is just my own bias, but I always thought that if you're willing to compromise your artistic visions for the sake of saving time and effort, you don't deserve to call yourself an artist. Your work doesn't deserve to be good, and it won't be.

Well, not all of us are great artists here. Infact, judging by most of the unique graphics that come out of here, you could probably count them on one hand. This, of course, meaning the ones capable of creating a nice looking tileset for ZC, not anyone whos submitted a new graphic to the tile database.

Remember, this is a place for custom quests based on the Legend of Zelda and stuff. We are here(well much of us) to make custom quests, not shiploads of new graphics.

Edited by Alestance, 10 July 2008 - 06:56 AM.

#18 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

Who said you had to hand-draw everything yourself? I know I didn't, and if that's what you read from that then I'm sorry for not being more clear. It's not as if it was ever difficult to simply import graphics from games, along with custom work done by other artists (with their permission, of course). You can make a very good looking tileset without drawing a single pixel of it.

#19 Xiion

Xiion

Senior

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

If a magic ZC fairy came and asked me this, right now...

A collection set.
Eg. A Plant set. No sprites, no objects, just lots and lots of plants. Trees, grass, vines, flowers, etc.... the works. And then another collection for rocks/mountains. And another for buildings, one for sprites, one for objects, etc. An organized library of tiles.
Unfortunately, there's alot of issues with that idea... the scope of the idea being far from the biggest... so... unless there ARE magic ZC fairies out there....

In lieu of that.... a Starcraft tileset would be nice...
What, you think I'm kidding?

Relax, this is a wish-list. We can be lazy here. Besides, who's to say its not being worked on?

#20 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:14 PM

Thank you for reminding me what game that was. Which reminds me of a NES game hoax. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyhoo. I'm sorry that I got that out of it. I'd be the kind of guy to draw my own tileset if I weren't so unmotivated. I feel like my efforts are wasted and have moved on from pixel art.

I do vectors now icon_deformed.gif

#21 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:57 PM

... a chrono trigger tileset?

(which i will be making at some point)

#22 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jul 10 2008, 04:51 AM) View Post
Anything that becomes a commonly used set and changes the fact that 99% plus a bunch of quests are either DoR or Pure.

At least now people can mention *two* commonly used tilesets. Before it was mostly just Pure. icon_razz.gif

Also, trends do change every year or two. Despite how quickly people start complaining about overuse, trends are replaced quite regularly.

Once, long ago, all you saw was BS. And then it was all Newfirst. And then came the first Pure set. Pure has been pretty consistent in the cycle, but that's only because WildBill and Mr. Z have been very diligent with their attention to improvements and upgrades. (That and the fact that it's the mother of all compilation sets, meaning it gathers all of the popular trends together in one huge package...)

I don't think Classic should really be counted as a "trend" when ZC first came out, because there wasn't anything else available...

#23 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

Meh, I think there are enough tilesets. Dor and pure do the job. What I wish is Z3 scrolling. But I guess this won't happen in any day... icon_razz.gif

#24 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

Complete Kirby's Adventure tileset with scripted engine replica anyone?

#25 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

A Tileset Made By Relic. Because his custom tiles are Awesome!

Edited by TriMaster001, 11 July 2008 - 03:24 PM.

#26 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

Chrono Trigger tileset...

#27 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Jul 12 2008, 07:56 AM) View Post

Chrono Trigger tileset...

see? its agreed. we need a CT tileset.

luckily, i'm going to make one (as soon as i figure out ROMview...)

#28 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:33 AM

A Golden Sun set. Alot of those graphics are really nice. Might be a little difficult to use, though... icon_sweat.gif

#29 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Jul 11 2008, 09:18 AM) View Post

Complete Kirby's Adventure tileset with scripted engine replica anyone?

That would be nice. While we're at it, why not throw in a fully scripted Mario set, or maybe even a semi-3D set. It's just not going to be possible. Unless you have years of spare time.

#30 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jul 12 2008, 09:12 PM) View Post

... maybe even a semi-3D set...

THAT, my friend, is the most BRILLIANT idea I've EVER had!

Seriously, its more possible than you think. Donkey Kong Country proves it. Everything was rendered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users