Photo

what's the one tileset you wish purezc had?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Akkabus

Akkabus

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:23 PM

i didn't make a poll, but the tileset can be anything reasonable. i wish we had a complete minish cap tileset.

#2 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:25 PM

A really good looking, complete, original custom set. I think it will happen someday.

Edited by Fire Wizzrobe, 09 July 2008 - 08:25 PM.

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

An Earthbound tileset. That would be amazing. And it would make my Earthbound quest a whole lot easier to make. icon_smile.gif

#4 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

A REAL Wind Waker styled custom tileset. icon_biggrin.gif
OR, one of Relics custom sets :3

#5 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

Somari platform tileset.

#6 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:39 PM

You know what I wish this website had? A tileset that can magically change to fit the needs of any questmaker. That way, there would be no need for people to sit around and think "I wish we had an x tileset!"

Oh yeah, that one already exists. It's called the Default Tileset with ZC's graphic editing features.

Seriously people, quit being lazy ;/

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(Giggidy @ Jul 9 2008, 08:39 PM) View Post

You know what I wish this website had? A tileset that can magically change to fit the needs of any questmaker. That way, there would be no need for people to sit around and think "I wish we had an x tileset!"

Oh yeah, that one already exists. It's called the Default Tileset with ZC's graphic editing features.

Um, just so you know, that's what I am doing. It's just hard to make a whole new tileset to fit the needs of your quest.

#8 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:01 PM

A four swords adventures tileset. icon_biggrin.gif

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:02 PM

Aren't FSA graphics just edits of LttP?

#10 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(Giggidy @ Jul 9 2008, 10:39 PM) View Post

It's not so much "lazy" as it is "nothing I can create within a reasonable time frame will ever look as good as this, and so I choose to focus my effort on creating a quality quest rather than a half-finished tileset."

#11 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:24 PM

One that can be popular without being overused. That would be the true test of a tileset--to establish a large userbase based off its good graphics, but provide ample variety not to let its users become bored.

#12 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jul 9 2008, 10:02 PM) View Post

It's not so much "lazy" as it is "nothing I can create within a reasonable time frame will ever look as good as this, and so I choose to focus my effort on creating a quality quest rather than a half-finished tileset."

A tileset you make yourself will almost always look better and work more effectively than a tileset someone else made. Perhaps this is just my own bias, but I always thought that if you're willing to compromise your artistic visions for the sake of saving time and effort, you don't deserve to call yourself an artist. Your work doesn't deserve to be good, and it won't be.

I'm not saying that nobody should ever use the tilesets in the database and that every quest should have a custom-made tileset, if the DoR set fits your needs 100%, that's just fine. Go ahead and use it. It's the people who complain about the tileset their using ("Why doesn't it have more variety of Dungeon Interiors!?" "Moar TMC stuff please!" "This set would look so much better if {creator} just replaced the grass tiles..."), then do nothing about it to remedy the situation themselves that piss me off.

#13 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:10 AM

Eh, I dunno. Most of the non-existant tilesets ZC needs have been left undone for fairly practical reasons.

QUOTE(Russ @ Jul 9 2008, 09:02 PM) View Post
Aren't FSA graphics just edits of LttP?

Some are, some aren't. Most of the sprites are new (excluding a large number of the enemies), while most of the environments are ripped from LTTP with airbrush features artificially laid over the top of them.

Yeah, FSA was a pretty lazy game, graphically....

#14 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:37 AM

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/FireRed/Leafgreen. But I tried it, and it proved to be too big a challenge for me. icon_frown.gif

#15 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:38 AM

I wouldn't mind a complete Mario tileset. Side-scroller ZC anyone? icon_wink.gif

That or SD3. :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users