and you'll get an error like this :

IPB Image

to be reported?

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:35 AM

Well, I reported in many times, but no developers cared. It works in 2.10, but the bug already existed in 2.10.1. I reported it, but it got into 2.10.2, too. Whenever I mentioned it, no developers responded... Despite the fact that this is an important feature, there you can edit default map colours, text colours, etc...

#3 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:45 AM

http://www.armageddo...p;postcount=104

DN has fixed it, but of course there's no 2.10.3 in order to verify it... icon_frown.gif

Edited by Link1, 23 February 2008 - 11:45 AM.

#4 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:00 PM

'should get back to basics instead of adding features

there's no 2.10.3 in order to verify it... icon_frown.gif

i'm going to post in the ag forum, since this is the only place the devs are active, to request that 2.10.3

#5 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:39 PM

I kinda get a similar problem ... except if I have Zquest editor in full screen mode and use it for a good 5 - 10 minutes, it randomly shuts my computer down completely, and then when I boot back up my screen resolution is like 200 x 200 or something stupid!! what the heck!?!?

Is this a common problem, cause months ago when I used ZC and Zquest it never happened ... maybe software conflicts?? Anybody got any idea? icon_wacky.gif

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE(octorok @ Feb 23 2008, 06:39 PM) View Post

I kinda get a similar problem ... except if I have Zquest editor in full screen mode and use it for a good 5 - 10 minutes, it randomly shuts my computer down completely, and then when I boot back up my screen resolution is like 200 x 200 or something stupid!! what the heck!?!?

Is this a common problem, cause months ago when I used ZC and Zquest it never happened ... maybe software conflicts?? Anybody got any idea? icon_wacky.gif

Are you using Vista? Just because only the latest alphas are compatible with that (I think they are). Anyway, this screen size thing was always buggy in ZC. At some people, fullscreen crashes, at other people, windowed crashes. At me, ZQ2.10 goes only on fullscreen, but 2.5 goes any way, while ZC crashes after two minutes while being on "windowed large" mode.

#7 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:10 PM

Using XP ... I made it in windowed mode and it took a little longer, but eventually it crashed my computer. What's weird is when I'm watching movies or doing photoshop - I guess stuff that takes a lot of memory - it makes my computer run really loud, and the same happens when I have ZQuest up and running. It's almost like it's too much for the computer. . . . . which I highly doubt . . . icon_freak.gif

I have the 2.10 version, no betas - just straight 2.10. Should I downgrade or upgrade or what?? I need to edit quests here ...... all is at stake ...... HELP!!

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:09 AM

First, try to reinstall 2.10 (don't upgrade or downgrade). Then again, this crashing thing is random for people. The same configuration is good for one, bad for other, perfect for another and kills again another's computer. Might be you should lower the "hardware acceleration" with one, but raise back again if it doesn't solve the problem... but it's extreme stuff. And since unrelated, you might want to make a separate thread in Computer Aid/Help Forum.

#9 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:20 AM

Before I start a new thread, can I ask HOW exactly I do that hardware acceleration? I just hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and saw my CPU usage and when I turned ZQuest on it spiked to 100% and my computer was running extra loud and if I would've had it on much longer it would've crashed. So if this hardware acceleration doesn't work I'll go start a new thread ... . . . . icon_wacky.gif

#10 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:35 AM

First of all, for hardware acceleration changes, right click on your desktop, click properties, choose the options tab, click the "special" button, then choose the troubleshooting tab. There's the hardware acceleration. It should be maximum at a well working machine, so if lowering it doesn't solve the problem, you have to change it back to maximum.

Also, so the CPU is very overhelmed when running ZQuest? Are you sure ZQ is the only program that does it, so not a CPU, fan or motherboard problem occurs? If ZQ is the only one that does this, then it has something that takes a lot of memory... I don't know about how ZQ2.10 can eat so many memory... I know a lot of 2.5 features that can overheat the memory and crash the computer, but I don't know such things in 2.10...
For example, as far as I know, only one quest can be opened at once, so it can't be that there are a lot of quests opened and the memory can't stand it... Do mind that reinstalling ZC doesn't delete .qst files, not even the save file. So, that's also an option.

#11 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:45 AM

It didn't do anything at all ... this is just so weird how a few months ago when I would play around on ZQuest it wouldn't do this to me. The only other computer I have is a Mac and ZC isn't compatible with that. Lame-o!

#12 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:26 AM

The only other computer I have is a Mac and ZC isn't compatible with that. Lame-o!

The alpha builds are. icon_smile.gif

#13 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:29 AM

But are they fairly stable? And will they accept older Tilesets from say 2.10 or 1.92?

#14 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE(octorok @ Feb 25 2008, 02:29 PM) View Post

But are they fairly stable? And will they accept older Tilesets from say 2.10 or 1.92?

They're far more stable than they were a year or so ago, but I'm not sure about importing tilesets unless they're saved as a quest file.

#15 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE(Dorian @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM) View Post

if you try to open quest > graphics > misc colors
the editor will crash
and you'll get an error like this :

IPB Image

to be reported?

Pretty sure this bug has been well known for a while now. No publicly available fix, as far as I know other than switching to the alphas or downgrading. icon_shrug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users