Very good N64 Music Thread

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 September 2023 - 09:19 AM

Hi! This thread's purpose is to post very good N64 music.

I'll start by saying that Blue Resort from Bomberman 64 is really good. You should go check it out:

Blue Resort on YouTube

What other N64 music is very good? Post maybe like one or two tracks only instead of a crapton so that everybody has a chance to share & keep up with listening to everybody's favorites.

#2 xanadude

xanadude

heh

• Members

Posted 03 September 2023 - 10:52 AM

Inside the Deku Tree

common Zelda W, but my personal favorite track from Ocarina

• Sheik likes this

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 September 2023 - 11:19 AM

I don't actually know of any N64 games outside of the obvious ones everyone's played. But have an obligatory Highland from Quest 64.

Also the Volcanic theme from Mischief Makers. That game's got a pretty unique soundtrack. And pretty unique gameplay. Go play Mischief Makers. Says the guy who has not actually played Mischief Makers.

• Magi_Hero and Sheik like this

#4 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 September 2023 - 02:02 PM

Inside the Deku Tree is a very reasonable choice. Forest Temple is a good one too, that comes to mind from OoT dungeons.

Also, I forgot I played Mischief Makers! I should check out the soundtrack again as I remember nothing from it. Thanks! Edit: Dang, Volcanic goes hard!

Edited by Sheik, 03 September 2023 - 02:03 PM.

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 September 2023 - 05:30 PM

Two honorable mentions from Discord:

Extreme-G 2 - Cordilon Suprisingly jazzy and actually really quite good at that for a video game soundtrack.

The Buck Bumble - Theme Very 90s.

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 September 2023 - 12:48 AM

Really like the factory song from Kirby 64 tbh.

• Sheik likes this

#7 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 September 2023 - 01:37 AM

You guys are amateurs. The real winners are Ryugu Castle from Mystical Ninja 2 Starring Goemon (aka Goemon's Great Adventure) and SS Anubis from Jet Force Gemini.

Honourable mention (yes I'm breaking the "1 or 2" track limit because I'm a badass) to Gorgeous Musical Castle Part 2 from the first Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. These three games top the console for me in terms of soundtrack.
  • Anthus and Sheik like this

#8 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 September 2023 - 01:40 AM

@Anthus: Aha! I knew it! Ah but yeah, goes pretty hard.

I've had suggestions to listen to the OST of the other two N64 Bomberman games too. Dessert from Bomberman Hero is so chill. I actually know it from Rambly's Mayonnaise 2 rather than the actual game it originated from huh.

Edit: NoeL, you were to quick. I'll check your's out next. E2: Yep, Mystical Ninja stuff is great too! Jet Force needs to grow a bit more on me before I can appreciate it.

Edited by Sheik, 05 September 2023 - 02:15 AM.

• Anthus likes this

#9 FieryBirdyThing

FieryBirdyThing

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 September 2023 - 01:25 PM

Just popping in because I can't resist a good ol' 'great VG music' thread and wanted to share one of my favourites.

Treasure Trove Cove (Banjo-Kazooie)

• Sheik likes this

#10 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 September 2023 - 05:55 PM

Jet Force needs to grow a bit more on me before I can appreciate it.

Boooooo. Maybe you need to hear it more in context of the level instead of by itself (because there's long periods of not much going on). I'd highly recommend the game itself too, not just the soundtrack.

Also check out Sekhmet and Eschebone - two other highlights from that game (although again, the whole soundtrack is amazing).
  • Magi_Hero likes this

#11 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 09 September 2023 - 01:42 PM

most of you probably haven't heard of this game but super mario 64 has a track called bob-omb battlefield that's a banger.

truthfully i haven't played much n64 because i never owned one, so most of the n64 music i've heard is from very mainstream games. like gerudo valley from oot.

#12 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 September 2023 - 03:25 PM

Just popping in because I can't resist a good ol' 'great VG music' thread and wanted to share one of my favourites.

Treasure Trove Cove (Banjo-Kazooie)

The Banjo-Kazooie soundtrack is a masterpiece. Good pick!

Boooooo. Maybe you need to hear it more in context of the level instead of by itself (because there's long periods of not much going on). I'd highly recommend the game itself too, not just the soundtrack.
Also check out Sekhmet and Eschebone - two other highlights from that game (although again, the whole soundtrack is amazing).

I will check it out. Like at least a let's play or something akin!

most of you probably haven't heard of this game but super mario 64 has a track called bob-omb battlefield that's a banger.

truthfully i haven't played much n64 because i never owned one, so most of the n64 music i've heard is from very mainstream games. like gerudo valley from oot.

Good picks, if a bit predictable. Can't argue good ole' Gerudo Valley.

• NoeL likes this

#13 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 05 October 2023 - 06:53 AM

Inside the Deku Tree is a very reasonable choice. Forest Temple is a good one too, that comes to mind from OoT dungeons.

If we're going OoT dungeons, I hope y'all will forgive me for bringing up the Water Temple music. I get why a person would dislike the dungeon, vut I'm sure we can all agree the music is great.
  • Bagu likes this

#14 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 05 October 2023 - 07:13 AM

If we're going OoT dungeons, I hope y'all will forgive me for bringing up the Water Temple music. I get why a person would dislike the dungeon, vut I'm sure we can all agree the music is great.

I love the water temple music... The usage of the Shanai and Koto was genious.

I was already thinking about remaking it. But I spent most time on the eternia package.

Edited by Bagu, 05 October 2023 - 07:15 AM.

#15 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 05 October 2023 - 10:47 AM

I love the water temple music... The usage of the Shanai and Koto was genious.

I was already thinking about remaking it. But I spent most time on the eternia package.

Definitely not confirmed, but it's definitely one my brother and I have considered for our Zelda NSF.
  • Bagu likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users