AGN HAS BEEN HACKED !!!

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:20 AM

Do not listen to or follow the instructions you see when visiting the Armageddongames website as it WILL install viruses or malware crippling your computer.

Someone has hacked the site so the domain redirects you to a dodgy website.

edit: To clarify, the forums have been hacked.

update: the site was taken down, now you are no longer redirected to a infected site. This of course means AGN is also down so you can't access AGN either.

UPDATE: It has moved to http://www.armageddo...s.net/index.php

Edited by franpa, 09 July 2010 - 11:53 PM.

#2 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:54 AM

Sheesh, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up. It seems AGN gets hacked every couple of months. -_-

#3 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:40 AM

AGN gets hacked all the time. It's a s**t website IMO. But this must be the first time it's someone other than Pokegamer1989 reporting it.

#4 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:22 AM

Wow. Again >_<

#5 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:31 AM

End the firefox.exe or iexplore.exe or opera.exe or whatever.exe that corresponds with your browser if you do happen to visit the site, that'll get you out.

Jeez, I usually just go there for bug reports on ZC on occasion, but this is just ****ing ridiculous that someone took the time to do this.

#6 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

Did they fix it already? It worked fine for me when i went there.

#7 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:18 AM

Huh. Looks like armageddongames.net/forums/ redirects elsewhere, but if you just go to armageddongames.net, it's fine.

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

The most frequently hacked website I ever visited is AGN. Why? I'm sure there is some history behind the answer to that question that I am unaware of. Perhaps a long term grudge from some mentally ill person? I don't know. Luckily, noscript blocked the site for me. I knew something was up when it redirected me to some .ru page (from Russia) and did nothing unless the script was activated. I decided to also block any AGN scripts (if they exist) just in case. Basically, it would redirect whenever you chose to click on a topic from "View New Posts", and once even tried to redirect to the site in the process of logging out. Ugly with a capital U. One of these days there needs to be a new official place for ZC Development (under different administration), because this is ridiculous, as those who manage AGN barely seem to do so at all.

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:11 PM

And this is why PureZC is better than AGN. icon_deformed.gif

This wouldn't be the first time, though, as somebody pointed out. Anybody know if it's the same guys who wrecked the site before? The Czechs, I think?

#10 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:55 PM

Hm...guess I know one site I won't be visiting until it's fixed. It's too bad, since one of my frequent contacts (Pineconn) mostly favors going there.

Regardless, I hope it gets fixed. And from what people say, it has a history of this. Given I joined the place not too long ago, I never knew about that history. But...now I know, and knowing is half the battle!

#11 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

This isn't suprising to me, that's why I never go there anymore. There's ALWAYS SOMETHING wrong there, 24/7.

Edited by Koh, 08 June 2010 - 01:40 PM.

#12 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

It's fixed, armageddongames.net gets me to the new forums, armageddongames.net/forums gets me to the redirect site.

Looks like they upgraded their vBulletin as well.

#13 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE(Koh @ Jun 8 2010, 02:40 PM) View Post

This isn't suprising to me, that's why I never go there anymore. There's ALWAYS SOMETHING wrong there, 24/7.

You know...except for those months of time between these short lived attacks. Just saying.

#14 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

Heh, I went there and just got a Noscript symbol, and it was like

"yeah there was some **** or something so we blocked it. Dunno what you wanna do about it"

NoScript, rarely do you seriously get to do what you were made for like that, but rarely are you an inconvenience to me, either. *hugs* icon_smile.gif

#15 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

And this is one of the many reasons why I no longer go to AGN. Honestly, there a magnet for attacks. Either they crash or they get hacked, and often times they're hacked by their own banned members. It's ridiculous.

It makes you wonder, why AGN? Why are they always getting attacked?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users