Another Quick Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:29 AM

It's been a while since I made my last update, so I figured it was time for another:

This quest is still not canceled! I've just been busy with the Fall semester of school, which is almost over (thankfully).

I'm still working on the boss for my Top Secret Area #1 (TSA #1), but I've made significant progress. I've finished all the animations (I believe) and have the basic set of combos done. I'll have to create more as I go, because of the different effects I've mentioned in a previous update, but the basics combos are done & ready to be copied. As such, I've got the initial battle-starting screens done! You better watch out when something happens to the music!

A while ago, I had taken breaks from working on the boss so I could playtest my quest, take some screenshots of the dungeons, and do some bugfixes. And boy, did I find some! One most notable problem I found involves using the "Wand Fire" flag. It turns out that the fire doesn't automatically appear when it hits the flag; the wand magic can go right across it and not affect it. The wand magic only becomes wand fire when it reaches the edge of the screen or if it hits an enemy first. (If you already knew this, good for you! I sure didn't.)
Now, if you know where to burn, you can plan ahead and wait until an enemy is on the other side of the burnable obstacle, fire your magic so that it hits the enemy and makes a fire to the side of the enemy closest to you, and then activate the wand fire trigger. However, I'm guessing that most people may not realize where to burn, but even less of you would know about this trick with using enemies to burn objects away from the sides of the screen.
So, rather than worry about teaching the player this fire-enemy trick, I've adjusted the screen so that the burnable trigger is right next to the edge of the screen.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Hopefully this quest won't take too much longer to finish!

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

If this quest was in 2.5 and the "Burn flags are triggered instantly" rule was on, then the Wand Magic would technically be Wand Fire and trigger the flag while the magic is passing through it. Just wanted to let ya know that if you didn't already.

Anyway, glad to know that this quest is being continued, I was kind of getting worried that this wouldn't get finished because I gotta say this quest looks amazingly well designed.

#3 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

If this quest was in 2.5 and the "Burn flags are triggered instantly" rule was on, then the Wand Magic would technically be Wand Fire and trigger the flag while the magic is passing through it. Just wanted to let ya know that if you didn't already.

Ooh... I didn't know that. Thanks! :) I'll be checking that rule for sure when (and if, at this point) I revamp the quest for 2.50.

Anyway, glad to know that this quest is being continued, I was kind of getting worried that this wouldn't get finished because I gotta say this quest looks amazingly well designed.

Thanks! :kawaii:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users