• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:18 PM

Hello everybody, i've got more problems

1: Ok, i changed my subscreen to "revision 2" so i could make the hookshot, super bombs, etc. work, but now when i get a triforce peice, it wont show up in the subscreen. icon_eek.gif

2: Also, i need to learn how to make one time events. this one is really bothering me cause im clueless about it. icon_blink.gif

Anybody with answers to either of these, your help is appreciated.

#2 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

Ok well for both of those questions we need to know what version you are using.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:26 AM

Okay, regardless of the version, the problem with your Triforce may be that you picked it up on a DMap that's labeled with the wrong level #.

And for one time events, I know about cutscenes. If you are walking through an area where a tile takes you to a cutscene, you have to have a tile with a Stair Combo that warps you to the cutscene area. When you leave the cutscene, the next tiles Link walks on should have a Trigger (Permanent) combo. Set flag 16 on the warp tile, and go to Data->Secret Combos. Open the "Misc." tab, and in the box of boxes labeled "Secret Flags," click the first box, and set the same combo that is using flag 16, only it doesn't have a combo set on it. Then, every time you walk through the area, you won't access the cutscene again.

#4 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:58 PM

Big problem, TS. Your method has nothing on Dungeon Dmaps, where even a Trigger->Permenant combo is treated as a Trigger->Temporary combo. Even I was never sure about how to work around that problem. >_<

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

Then... I think it had something to do with warps. Doesn't Radien have a tutorial of it on here, somewhere?

#6 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

If you're quest is really short, One Time Events can be done by having the cutscene dump you into an identical Universe, except the cutscene can't be accesed from it. Also, i think ebola is correct about the Triforce.

#7 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:42 AM

Give a look HERE.

This should explain how one time events occur. There is even a sample quest if you have more questions. Works with either version of ZC.

And yes, I wrote it.

Also, TS is correct about the Triforce. Check what Dmap Level number it's on. If it's on a number other than 1-8, then it won't show up.

#8 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:02 AM

If your quest is huge, you could export maps, and import them into empty maps, and edit from there to whatever it needs to be after getting a triforce.

EDIT: GAH! I misspelled "your" as "you're"

Edited by Majora's Wrath, 13 August 2007 - 10:03 AM.

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(fuzzyman @ Aug 12 2007, 09:43 PM) View Post

Also, i think ebola is correct about the Triforce.

I'm... not Ebola. >.<
QUOTE(Schwa @ Aug 12 2007, 12:58 AM) View Post

Big problem, TS. Your method has nothing on Dungeon Dmaps, where even a Trigger->Permenant combo is treated as a Trigger->Temporary combo. Even I was never sure about how to work around that problem. >_<

I wasn't aware of that. icon_heh.gif
QUOTE(rocksfan13 @ Aug 13 2007, 09:42 AM) View Post

Give a look HERE.

I took a look at it, played it, and opened it in ZQuest to see what it says. So I'm confused. I see you have an enemy Trigger on the screen, but how does the Triforce piece trigger it?

#10 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:54 AM

It isn't triggered by the triforce. I threw that in there for completeness. It's triggered by defeting the Boss.

Look at the settings in the Boss room and the effected room. You'll notice that both rooms have the "Dungeon Boss" checked and they are both the same level number.

The trigger enemy is what allows the warp to happen after the defeat of Aquamentus.

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

Ah, I see.

#12 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:03 PM

You'll also notice that a warp to another screen exactly the same is also needed to complete the illusion. This, the Dungeon Boss check, and the level numbers are key.

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

I noticed the secret combos, just didn't realize how they were triggered.

Ah, the Level number. That's really clever. Also really helpful. This should help you, Octorockoncrack. icon_wink.gif

#14 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:08 PM

Yes, the defeat of the boss causes the trigger enemy to "die" thus causing the "enemies->secret" to trigger the secret warp tiles to appear. You might want to have the "no secret sounds" turned on when you do this. Otherwise it'll confuse the player.

I'm actually considering writing a tutorial on it so it's more easily outlined and understood.

It does work in both versions of ZC, but it's easier to do in 2.5.

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:13 PM

Yeah. Not everybody can just open it up and figure it out just by looking at it. ... like me. icon_heh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users