Photo

Grabbing Palletes, Ripping, Cset cycling etc. for SNES type tiles.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:23 AM

Greetings purezc:
OK this is from UFF set which i'm using as an example because it's probably the most well known for this type of stuff.

EDIT: Theres supposed to be a pic here...Ok got it. icon_wink.gif
IPB Image

These use a level pallete 2,3,4,9, and in each combo the blue box is filled in with the appropriate cycling number. Sorry, it woulden't let me take snapshots of this or the palletes. Also it looks awesome.

Now when I try to duplicate these by grabbing palletes (which look nothing like the ones in this shot btw) then using them to rip tiles from png or bmp straight from the SNES game, It looks like complete garbage no matter how I try to set it up as in the above tileset, No matter how many different pallete combinations I try. Why? What am I doing wrong? And this was done back with zc192. How did he do it?

I'm also aware of "R" while grabbing, which doesn't help in this case. And what is this 8bit mode I'm hearing about. Does that affect anything afforementioned. I am completely in the dark on this one.

Edited by Gleeok, 18 July 2007 - 01:29 AM.

#2 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:05 AM

Me too, I could rip things like hotcakes, but I couldn't get it converted into a suitable palette for ZC to work with. Never quite got that concept down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users