4.make it long short games are ok some times but not all the time
5.and last thing put alot of detail into it people like that

hope i helped bye icon_biggrin.gif

#2 king-n

king-n

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:13 AM

Sounds good to me...I have no objections.

#3 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:35 AM

Well... I sorta know what I need.... So for me this isn't helpfull... But I'm sure it is for begginers... I've been so constuctive lately... I think I'm getting it from Sharon Daniel....

#4 zeldamaster

zeldamaster

zeldapro duplicate

• Banned

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:51 AM

Thats y i posted it for begenners. icon_blink.gif

#5 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:58 AM

Yah... I sorta figured that out... DAMN!!! I'M TURNING INTO SHARON DANIEL!!! I whanna be myself! (No offence SD)

#6 zeldamaster

zeldamaster

zeldapro duplicate

• Banned

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:01 AM

If you new that then dont post like you dont ok now im turning in to him icon_wacky.gif

#7 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:21 AM

Let me try to expand a little, and contrast a little as well, on your tips because its probably easier for newbies to get a grip with longer explanations and graphics.

1.make sure you test it for bugs that will stop players from finishing the game

Bugs can stop players from playing, however most bugs are actually from trying to implement tricks and custom bosses. A good way to stamp out these bugs is to advertise for beta testers to help you find them so you can fix them. Most bugs are easy to fix, such as little mistakes, warp problems, and the like. However, I'm sure you'll find more tedious bugs when you start the use of ZASM or ZScript. Not bugs with the compiling, but with the code you wrote, if you choose to use code.

2.make the game fun and amusing so the players dont get bord and quit the game

People will obviously get bored of your quest if you use, for instance, little detail between screens, or little variation between screens. They will also get bored if you make a huge world and a lot of exploration, and lots of distance between dungeons. Don't make the worlds too big!

Another tip to make things fun and interesting is have loads of secrets around the world. Secrets include Hidden Dungeons, Heart Piece Caves, random drunk guys complaining you blew away their door, and the like. Try not to penalize people's lust for exploration, though, this can cause people to feel that the next cave they open up is a guy thats gonna take your money or your life.

Another way to cut down on fun would be to use death traps or lots of "dead Ends" in dungeons where the room has no significance. A good dungeon makes use of at least 75 to 90% of the rooms that it consists of. An awesome dungeon makes use of every room. So Please DON'T death trap people and please DO make use of every room in a dungeon.

3.make it smart and challeging with temples and puzzels

Puzzles are the lifeblood of the Legend of Zelda, however making puzzles and knowing if its not challenging enough or even too challenging takes a smart person to begin with. Also, don't crowd rooms with enemies upon enemies. Don't use enemies that could easily hammer Link into the ground too early. Challenge people, that is, don't shove a morning star down their throats.

4.make it long short games are ok some times but not all the time

Short games can make good quests. They can set examples of what you can try. Try Pong for ZC icon_lol.gif

The misconception of this line though is this: "You can never make a game too long" Thats false, long quests can present the feeling of "When will it end?"

Try hard not to make your quest too short, or too long.

5.and last thing put alot of detail into it people like that

Detail is very important, it adds variety, however there is also a thing as too much detail. Use detail wisely!

#8 zeldamaster

zeldamaster

zeldapro duplicate

• Banned

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

Good job master of power good job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users