Photo

Hyrule Warriors

• Please log in to reply
494 replies to this topic

#466 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:18 PM

I'm actually referencing an old running gag I used to do all the time, I expect at most three people to have gotten it. :heh:

• Jared likes this

#467 SubconsciousEye

SubconsciousEye

• Members

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:09 PM

Classic Tunic, does not come with pants. Or tights.

#468 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:25 PM

You know who else doesn't wear pants? Marth!

yCCothH.png

Marth DLC for Hyrule Warriors plz.

Edited by Nexas, 18 June 2015 - 06:26 PM.

• Jared likes this

#469 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:34 PM

Now that's what I'm talking about.

• Shane and Jared like this

#470 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:55 PM

Hell yes!!

#471 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:59 PM

She should have an attack where Tanuki Tarin comes in, eats a mushroom, and flies all over, killing enemies.

#472 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:14 AM

Man, looks like I lost money on that bet.  I thought for sure it'd be the Bucket Mouse!

Anyway, the other content we're getting is another weapon for Linkle, from LA... and my guess is the Blue Cucco.  I know it's not a weapon in-game, but for Hyrule Warriors, anything can be.  And as a cucco rancher, it suits her perfectly.

#473 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:00 AM

I'm hoping this will ultimately mean that Link's Awakening will get an enhanced remake down the line. Would love to see HD 2D remakes of the 2D games, that feature more polished engines and more beautiful worlds to play in. First two games need it the most, however, as they have aged the least gracefully.

#474 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:16 AM

The comments section on that Marin announcement is just grotesque. Ugh.

Pretty darn cool, anyways. Marin is one of my favorite characters from the series. Reminds that I think they should make a 3D remake of LA. Maybe like the LttP remake they made, with the top-down perspective and everything. Would be great.

#475 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:55 AM

It's good to see Link's Awakening get some love these days. LA is definitely in my top 5 favorite Zelda games, and I love Marin and everything attributed to that game, but I honestly don't know how they're going to make a moveset out of her. What does she do in Link's Awakening? She sings. That's pretty much it. She's probably never touched a sword in her life. Knowing KT, though, they'll probably make her attack with the Wind Fish, or something equally ridiculous. I'm game.

#476 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:01 AM

There's an artwork of her with a harp so she could use that as a weapon of sorts. Like a bard-type pretty much. Music-based attacks could be pretty interesting if done right.

#477 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:15 AM

Well Shiek certainly does wonders with her own harp. lol

#478 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 01:35 PM

She's neat but I think I'll wait for Hyrule Warriors Ultimate on the NX coming Holiday 2017 with all of the Legends content plus exclusive Seasons, Ages, Four Swords and Minish Cap Adventure Maps. Just watch, it'll actually happen.

(In all seriousness, she's neat, but I don't know what I'm doing with the upcoming DLC. Leaning towards passing on all of it. As mentioned elsewhere, I really hate how they screwed both Hyrule Warriors Wii U and original 3DS owners with Legends so I don't think I'll be buying any of these. They really need to just bring all of the Legends content over as DLC for Wii U. Fairies and Warping aside even as we don't need those.)

#479 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

I'm so happy about Link's Awakening representation, don't get me wrong. I'm happy for this and am glad to see it's not forgotten. But... I can't stand the voice. It's too generically cutesy. Link's Awakening would have led me to believe she would have had a clean, beautiful singing voice, not one of those irritating fake child voices. We already had a cutesy voice in Lana, and she already sang sometimes! Marin should have had a better voice.

But I'm still glad we got her at all.

• Tree and Jared like this

#480 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:18 PM

I pretty much can't stand KT's depiction of any of the female characters in Hyrule Warriors. They're not badass woman, they're giggly school girls, which have to be among the most annoying creatures in the world. I was excited to see Linkle when she was first announced, but then I saw gameplay footage of her, and she held up her crossbow and went, "De de de de!" like a frickin' moron, I honestly cringed harder than I had in a long time. Blech. No. Bad KT. You don't know how to handle female characters AT ALL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users