Favorite Web Browser?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

So I just found out that Google Chrome was released on ipods, ipads, and iphones. Chrome happens to be my favorite web browser. This app is amazing. It lets you import your data from chrome on other devices, and it lets you have all the wonders of chrome on the go. I hate safari so much, and when I installed the chrome app I moved safari onto another page so I wouldnt have to look at it. Everyone should have it. icon_biggrin.gif

Now, as you can tell, chrome is my favorite browser. Tell me, what's yours?

Oh and mods, my ipod screwed up and sent this post while i was fixing the title. Can you please change it to, "favorite web browser?" In order to make this topic not misleading?

#2 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

I only use Chrome on my computers. It appears as though Chrome is also on the Android OS. Downloading it now for my phone.

#3 Vinyl Scratch

Vinyl Scratch

• Members

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

I use Firefox for most of my internet browsing.

Also, Pinkie: It is? I can't seem to find it on the store...

#4 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

Pinkie, you are a member of site staff. If you can, can you do me a favor and change the name of the topic to "What's your favorite web browser?" or something like that? I think the name of the topic is a little misleading.

QUOTE(Vinyl Scratch @ Jun 29 2012, 09:40 PM) View Post

I use Firefox for most of my internet browsing.

Also, Pinkie: It is? I can't seem to find it on the store...

On the Market search Chrome, and you should find it.

Edited by King Harkinian, 29 June 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#5 Vinyl Scratch

Vinyl Scratch

• Members

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(King Harkinian @ Jun 29 2012, 08:42 PM) View Post

On the Market search Chrome, and you should find it.

It's not compatible with my device. Gee thanks, Google!

#6 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Changed the title to something hopefully acceptable.

I use Safari on my Mac and Safari on my iOS devices, and Chrome on Windows since Firefox is horribly slow for some reason there.

I don't really "browse" much on iOS unless it's for something specific that isn't news; I generally use Flipboard (an app EVERYONE should get, especially now that an Android version is out if your device supports it) to help collect interesting things from around the internet into a very readable, friendly form instead.

Chrome for iOS is too slow for my aging iPhone 3GS unfortunately. I think you need a 4S or an iPad 2 for it to really run acceptably well. It seems to just be a wrapper around the built-in WebKit engine (Chrome uses the same rendering engine Safari does even on PCs.)

#7 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

I use Chrome, but I generally prefer FireFox simply for its add-ons and customization. I also find Chrome's full screen mode to be very user-unfriendly. But Chrome is the only browser that runs at an acceptable speed on my netbook so I get a lot of mileage out of it.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Firefox here. I love how customizable it is... although I think I've screwed mine up so much I need to un- and re-install it. Still though, it's fast, it's easy, and it's customizable. That just about does it for me. Chrome is nice too, and I used it for a couple of things, but it just doesn't have the same appeal to me. Part of that might just be my automatic prejudice against Google, but eh.

On iOS, I use Dolphin. It's a heck of a lot better than Safari, that's for sure. The gestures in particular are what really make it great. I just wish there was some way to tell Siri to use Dolphin instead of Safari for web searches.

#9 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

I use Chromium (Note: Its the one that's not branded Google) and its my favorite, I used to like Firefox but recently it started sucking
(Too slow for my needs) but Chromium is great, heck with ad-block+ It works amazing. even on my craptastic connection I have icon_razz.gif

Edited by Ventus, 29 June 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Firefox is my favorite, Chrome second. Safari and Opera aren't bad browsers, but there're very few things I do with those two, so I don't often use them apart from those purposes.

#11 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

I appreciate that Chrome is fast, but I've just become too fond of the plethora of useful add-ons that Firefox has. Now that I have a slightly faster computer, I've gone back to using Firefox, because I feel so familiar with all of its features and its environment. Hard to go back to a browser without Adblock, Noscript, an easily customizable search engine bar, a bookmark toolbar...just so many things I'm used to.

I understand that Chrome has some of these features, some of them as add-ons, but so many of them are just carbon copies of stuff Firefox has been doing for awhile now...except with all the options in different places, which is annoying.

#12 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

To those who use Firefox, try Waterwolf; it's a whole lot better.

*shot for crappy joke*

I use and prefer Firefox.

#13 runa

runa

uwu

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

In computer I have Chrome,in my phone I have Opera Mobile

#14 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

I still use Firefox. Chrome is faster (especially when rendering Javascript) and a lot more streamlined interface-wise, but at the expense of having worse addon implementation in most cases, I think. Plus it's icky because Google are evil commie spies or whatever they're supposed to be these days. Also, Firefox has the AwesomeBar, which I've come to rely on a lot when I want to quickly pull stuff up from my history -- none of the other browsers have a comparable feature, to my knowledge.

Opera's started to fall behind the other two browsers in terms of quality, in my opinion -- it was hugely forward-thinking for its time and used to be my main browser, but recent releases have had a lot of bugs and I don't really like the interface as much anymore. Although most features I use extensions for in Firefox are built-in in Opera, I don't really like their implementations. One plus is that Opera is almost as fast as Chrome, though. Oh, but their mobile browser is pretty good, or at least the best of the... two I think I've used? I haven't tried the Chrome one yet. Admittedly, I don't do much mobile browsing.

I still ain't touchin' IE with a ten-foot pole, although it has improved markedly in recent years. I do seem to recall having less issues developing for its renderer in recent years, at least compared to IE6... but I just don't care for its interface -- it's kinda clunky -- and I have no idea how good its extendability and feature set really are. Also, I have reservations about using it because of how uncool it'd make me. I mean I'd be like someone's grandpa or something if I used it. Nobody wants that.

Safari is awful on Windows. Cold glass of water in hell, my butt. More like lukewarm glass of water because the ice has melted and there's a bunch of specks of something of indeterminate origin in it and it's gross and trust me seriously you really don't want to drink it. Okay so maybe I'm, like, exaggerating, but it's really slow and kinda broken on Windows. I'm sure it's great on OS X; I'm just not an OS X user.

I can't believe I wrote a post this long about web browsers. Hi.

#15 runa

runa

uwu

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Opera Mobile is the best browser compatible with my Nokia C5-03. At least I think so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users