Photo

Do you still game on CRT TVs/Monitors?

Poll

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you still game on CRT?

Do you still game on CRT TVs/Monitors?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

ps3setup.jpg

Do you still game on CRT?

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

Nope. Big ole flatscreen.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Yep. With any luck, getting a new TV soon. Not that anything is wrong with mine (other than it only has one speaker), I'm just really tired of games being forced into widescreen mode with small text, so I'd like to be able to get the full experience and actually be able to read the text.

• Hoff123 likes this

#4 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

Well, technically just got rid of all of our CRT TVs and now my house has pretty much all 60" flatscreens, and we have 4 of them. Yep, that's a lot, but my family buys them on Black Friday when TVs can be like 50% off which is a really good deal, so ya! :D

#5 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

The second monitor I have attached to my laptop is an old CRT monitor. I generally use the second monitor for watching random videos while I'm doing stuff on my primary monitor, but I also play ZC and some assorted emulators on it.

#6 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

I do, that is when I actually game on a non-pc console. I used to have a CRT monitor too; this is my first flatscreen monitor. My TV is still a CRT though. 

#7 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

Oh and by the way, I have the same wooden counter! Cool, no? :D

#8 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

I only have 1 Flat Screen in my house and it's in my brother's room, what I'm trying to say is yes I still do.

#9 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

CRT's are GREAT for retro consoles.  And yes, I use one for my NES.  The Wii gets to go downstairs to the flat screen, though.

#10 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

I still use an old CRT TV. I mostly use it for older games anyway, though I do have the Wii hooked up to it. ._. For newer stuff, it's with my brother who has a flat-screen so that's about the only time I use a more modern TV for gaming.

#11 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Well the only system for me that I game on a CRT TV is the PS2. It just looks so ugly to game on an LCD display with the exception of games on PS2 that support progressive scanning.

#12 SpykStorm

SpykStorm

Kamek!

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

I use a CRT TV when I play games on a console, but I have a 1080p monitor that I use with my PC.

#13 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

For now I do. We've even been talking about getting a new TV in my room these last few days even lol. I had to change the Wii to 16:9 to be able to read the text in Xenoblade because it was really blurry and flickered haha.

Btw, does this have anything to do with HDMI 2.0 being announced?... I was just watching a video by ReviewTechUSA on Youtube about it...

#14 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

As a matter of fact, I do have one of these. It works beautifully for my older consoles, but the speakers are shot. I used to have to get out a miniature portable TV and plug the audio into that, and then have both working at once. However, a little while ago I bought a gaming headset that has special audio jacks on it where you can both plug them into something, or plug something into them. (I made a mistake when I bought them. I originally bought them for my mp3 player, thinking they would last longer than a normal pair of headphones. After I got them, I realized they need plugged into a USB to work. Oops...) I haven't gotten around to trying them out for that yet, since I have a huge backlog of games on my PC that I've been trying to trudge through before starting any new ones.

Funny enough, I only set up this particular TV in my room because it was a spare one I found in storage. It hadn't occurred to me that it would actually be better for my consoles until I tried setting up my PS2 on the giant flat-screen in the living room, and found out that it made the in-game text blurry enough that my eyes started to hurt from trying to read it. (I was trying to play Final Fantasy X)

These older televisions are awesome for playing these games on. The best part is, they're pretty cheap too. I found a super massive one at the local Goodwill a while back. I would have bought it too, for fifty bucks, but we didn't have enough space in the back of the van to stick it. (Plus, it would have actually been too big for my room, come to think of it.)

#15 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

If I'm playing VC games on the Wii or any PS2/Xbox/GC era and before consoles, I prefer a CRT over a flatscreen. It just feels more appropriate.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users