Pokémon X and Y

• Please log in to reply
832 replies to this topic

#16 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Dawnlight forgot the trailer itself. This actually looks pretty awesome. Too bad it's on a system no one has.

How come the male trainer resembles Black so much? The girl looks mostly new, but not the guy.
MORE EDITS: And X and Y? What happened? Did they run out of colors/metals/gems? Now we're stepping into letter territory? Way to break tradition =x.

ONE MORE EDIT: Can a mod rename this thread now? Pokemon Generation 6 Discussion Thread or Pokemon X and Y Discussion would do nicely.

Edited by Koh, 08 January 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#17 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

I don't really find the world "breath taking" but good gosh, finally a 3D Pokemon Game, this should be worth buying.

Koh, what's wrong with the 3DS? I mean the 3D hurts my eyes but besides that it's a major improvement over the normal DS and a lot of people I know IRL and online have got 3DSes. It seems like you just don't have one. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Shane, 08 January 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#18 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE(Shane @ Jan 8 2013, 07:19 AM) View Post

I don't really find the world "breath taking" but good gosh, finally a 3D Pokemon Game, this should be worth buying.

Koh, what's wrong with the 3DS? I mean the 3D hurts my eyes but besides that it's a major improvement over the normal DS and a lot of people I know IRL and online have got 3DSes. It seems like you just don't have one. icon_razz.gif

I don't know anyone who owns a 3DS around here XD. Another thing that pisses me off: It's totally 3D now. So why in blazes don't the Pokemon follow you around like in HeartGold or SoulSilver? They no longer have an excuse for cropping that again!

Edited by Koh, 08 January 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#19 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

I'm just glad it's not for the regular DS, honestly. I'm tired of them making games for it still when they've had a new handheld for over a year.

I don't know if I'll get it though. I like the way the fire starter looks though, but my money is on it becoming Fire/Fighting.

#20 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

I like the grass one the most personally. Actually, I think this is the first time I've preferred the Grass starter. But I'm not getting a 3DS for just 3 games (Kingdom HEarts 3DS, Dragon Quest 7 remake, and this). Unless I know 10 solid games I'd want on it, it's not worth it. Scootaloo, y u no change topic title D=?

Edited by Koh, 08 January 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#21 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

And for the love of God, I hope they put more Fire Pokemon into the game and cut down on Water types. Seriously...

The new battles remind me too much of Pokemon Stadium which had it's own pros and cons.

#22 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Pokemon X & Y? My god what a stupid name. And on top of that its on the 3DS A hand held I'll never own.
Shame on you Nintendo for running out of ideas for pokemon game names and putting this on the 3ds.

#23 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Oh hey. This looks pretty neat. I'm thinking I'm going with the fire starter. Just appeals to me the most out of them all. But my questions involve this - Are Eevees easy to get? And are we getting new eeveelutions? I'm asking the hard questions. icon_deformed.gif (no)

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

EDIT: Did people seriously expect them to just keep making them for the original DS? O_o We've already got 9 main Pokemon entries on the DS. I think it's about time they released a main Pokemon game on the 3DS. X and Y may be a bit silly for naming, sure, but I'm not going to just not buy a game because the title isn't to my liking. ):

#24 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE(Ventus @ Jan 8 2013, 10:08 AM) View Post

Pokemon X & Y? My god what a stupid name. And on top of that its on the 3DS A hand held I'll never own.
Shame on you Nintendo for running out of ideas for pokemon game names and putting this on the 3ds.

wazzat? what's this "free dee ess" things they put it on? could it be that they're using the NEWEST HANDHELD to put their newest games on? BLASPHEMY AND HERESY

#25 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Shame on you Nintendo! I hate this and Nintendo because it's on a console I'll never own! I'll never forgive yous it's all your fault that I refuse to buy a 3DS! And why did you use X and Y? Oh man yous guys totally a to be shamed! 0/10. Rubbish.

Seriously, that's how pitiful this whole "I hate Nintendo for making this on the 3DS"-argument. Sorry to be bluntly ranting but it's annoying and it's not Nintendo's fault that you don't have a console. This isn't fanboyism by the way (I'm not exactly into Pokemon), I don't really like the two title choices myself. But look, I don't own a Wii U yet and I'm not bashing Nintendo because New Super Mario Bros U is for the Wii U. icon_shrug.gif But I would bash Nintendo for coming up with a unoriginal name. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Shane, 08 January 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#26 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(Shane @ Jan 8 2013, 09:19 AM) View Post

it's all your fault that I refuse to buy a 3DS!

I don't refuse to buy one, But when you got to pay bills and rent and work for a living, getting a 3DS is pretty hard.

#27 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE(Ventus @ Jan 9 2013, 12:56 AM) View Post

I don't refuse to buy one, But when you got to pay bills and rent and work for a living, getting a 3DS is pretty hard.

I understand, but really, hating Nintendo for making a Pokemon game for the 3DS? I'm sorry man, but that's silly. I understand you situation but man, not to sound selfish or a dick, but Nintendo shouldn't downgrade the game so people who don't own a 3DS can play it.

I'm really sorry that you having trouble, but again, life can get pretty unfair. icon_confused.gif

#28 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

I knew they were going 3DS mode eventually, but that also marks the moment I can no longer get any games. Don't have the system, and don't want it until I get a list of 10 games I want on it. Otherwise, there's no point in wasting money on a console or handheld for only like 2 games. Not worth it at all. I'd seriously love to know what anyone thinks dumping $300+ into a console/handheld for just a couple of games is worth. I'd rather wait until the price(s) drop/go out of style. Then they'll be uber cheap and you can pick one up as easily as you can get a PS2 these days.

P.S. I don't hate the games, just the names are silly, and I hate that the Pokemon still don't follow you around. People called it a gimmick, but it actually made you bond with your Pokemon better, since they could be right alongside you. And since every Pokemon needs a 3D model in this game anyway, there's no reason NOT to have it in there.

P.S.: Change the thread name already icon_razz.gif. We now has official info~

Edited by Koh, 08 January 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#29 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

"Coming Worldwide October 2013". Is it bad that this is what I'm most excited for? It's about time they didn't make use wait half a year after Japan got it.

Anyways, finally, a 3D main series game. Pokemon's been stuck with 2D for too long; even Gen 5, which used 3D graphics, stuck to an obnoxious 2D camera angle and sprites for battles. The new Pokemon though... I'm kinda getting the same feeling I got from Oshawott initially. "Oh hey, it's a Pokemon based on a fennec fox. That's really cool! ... except it doesn't look that good." Then again, Oshawott got an awesome evolution, so maybe Fennekin will too. Not too fond of Froakie, and Chespin... withholding criticism of him til I see an evolution. He could work. He could be horrible. Not a big fan of either of the legendaries honestly, although the red flying one's the better of the pair.

So. Let's start the guessing game. Will these games deviate from the formula a bit, or are they gonna fall back into the 8 gym leaders, evil team that gets beaten before the end, Elite Four and Champion rut.

Edit:
P.S. I don't hate the games, just the names are silly, and I hate that the Pokemon still don't follow you around. People called it a gimmick, but it actually made you bond with your Pokemon better, since they could be right alongside you. And since every Pokemon needs a 3D model in this game anyway, there's no reason NOT to have it in there.

I'm with you here. I loved that about HG/SS. It really oughta be brought back.

Edit 2: Just realized the flying legendary looks like a Y. Wow I'm slow...

#30 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

A little off subject, but doesn't the engine remind you too much of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn's engine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users