Guitar Hero III

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#16 ziplobob2

ziplobob2

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:11 AM

Can you find official documentation from Nintendo or something before I try to return my game?

#17 Arthas

Arthas

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE(ziplobob2 @ Nov 11 2007, 11:11 PM) View Post

Can you find official documentation from Nintendo or something before I try to return my game?

Activision's response (found on another forum):

Response 10/31/2007 12:56 AM
Hello and thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support,

Yes we are working on this issue and ask for your patience at this time. It does in fact seem to be a Wii only issue. Information regarding patches for the Wii will be posted on the Guitar Hero III website when the appropriate time comes. Please try setting your console to use stereo sound in the meantime.

Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support, if you have any other questions, we will be happy to address them.

http://www.neogaf.co...p;postcount=106

Now it's still early days so of course there won't be official anouncements, they are working on the problem I presume. If you have the game test it out, try turning on surround sound in your wii settings and then play the game, you should get sound from only one speaker. IF you turn on stereo sound in the game options you should get a mono sound from each speaker, and if you turn on mono you should get the same sound without a noticeable difference, meaning that everything beyond monaural is screwed up.

The prologic 2 works in the game intro and title screens but cuts out when playing the game. It is a bug. I presume they may release a patch you will download online, but that may take a long time.

By the way here is a thread with proof. Mind you it gets a little technical. http://www.gpforums....dc6#post4593701

Now it could be that only certain discs/version of this game do this, maybe just the initial batch, who knows, but chances are if you got the game on launch day or close to launch it could be the bugged version.

Edited by Arthas, 12 November 2007 - 04:13 AM.

#18 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:05 AM

Ah yeah, I saw a thread about this before but some tech dude was saying that it's not the game, you just have your surround set to "game" mode rather than "music" mode or something like that...

Well if Activision is saying it's a bug, then it's a bug. Kinda sucks, guess I'll have to hold off buying it till they fix it.

#19 ziplobob2

ziplobob2

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:54 PM

Man that sucks........ icon_sorry.gif

#20 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:08 AM

Sweeet... a friend of mine winded up with 2 bundles by accident, so I'm buying one off him for 100 bucks! So stoked! Getting it on monday. I don't care about the bug, there'll be a patch coming.

EDIT: Recommended retail price is around 150 AUD, so I'm getting it for 2/3 retail price.

Edited by NoeL, 14 November 2007 - 11:09 AM.

#21 Arthas

Arthas

Adept

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Nov 14 2007, 10:08 AM) View Post

Sweeet... a friend of mine winded up with 2 bundles by accident, so I'm buying one off him for 100 bucks! So stoked! Getting it on monday. I don't care about the bug, there'll be a patch coming.

EDIT: Recommended retail price is around 150 AUD, so I'm getting it for 2/3 retail price.

Lucky you, by the way metroid prime 3 is back up to $99 so you missed that $68 deal. Look around your place later maybe they will offer another deal, I'm speaking of JB-hifi of course.

Edited by Arthas, 14 November 2007 - 05:47 PM.

#22 ziplobob2

ziplobob2

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:26 AM

Why are things so much more expinsive in Austrailia?
In america GH3 bundle = $90 MP3 = 50

#23 Devilforgemaster45

Devilforgemaster45

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:37 AM

I'm hoping to get this game for Christmas. I heard somewhere that there was a song by DragonForce (one of my favorite bands by the way) in the game. Is this true?

#24 Arthas

Arthas

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE(ziplobob2 @ Nov 14 2007, 11:26 PM) View Post

Why are things so much more expinsive in Austrailia?
In america GH3 bundle = $90 MP3 = 50

Taxes. Same deal in europe too. And $1 aus is only = to 90 cents us, so take a few bucks off. Even then yes games are bloody expensive. Well it is an entertainment luxury, it's not a necessity.

Edited by Arthas, 15 November 2007 - 01:25 AM.

#25 MarioBrosCom

MarioBrosCom

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:00 AM

I got the game for PS3 on Monday (because that version was the only one I could find). It's pretty fun, though my arm gets tired pretty quickly on even the slowest runs. I don't think I'm ever going to reach expert skill level icon_frown.gif ...

#26 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

I've beaten GH2 on expert, so I'll probably start at that level for GH3.

#27 The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:57 PM

I want to play it so bad! I am pretty fast on a real guitar, so I think I can rock on that game pretty good. I've never played GH at all.

#28 Arthas

Arthas

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:50 PM

What's the deal with the wiimote in the guitar for the wii version? Does the guitar use some kind of motion sensing features from the wiimote?

#29 ziplobob2

ziplobob2

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE(Devilforgemaster45 @ Nov 14 2007, 09:37 PM) View Post

I'm hoping to get this game for Christmas. I heard somewhere that there was a song by DragonForce (one of my favorite bands by the way) in the game. Is this true?

Yes it's "Through The Fire And The Flames" it's now really popular!

What's the deal with the wiimote in the guitar for the wii version? Does the guitar use some kind of motion sensing features from the wiimote?

It just like in battalion wars 2 & Zelda flicking the nunchuck does stuff but it has to be pluged into the Wiimote so it's kinda the same concept

#30 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:18 PM

Well all the guitars have accelerometers in them, not just the Wii one (which probably doesn't since it uses the wiimote instead icon_razz.gif). Star power has always been activated by tilting the head up.

The wii guitar uses the wiimote's rumble and speaker, adding that little bit more to the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users