Newfound Tileset

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:02 AM

IPB Image

New palette. Beauty of life. I had a dream last night, with the world in this sense of color. It doesn't really have to look good, its the emotion to be drawn that counts.

#17 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

I like it. It's sort of drab, but beautiful.

#18 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

I think there's too much contrast in the palette, but especially in the grays; going from near black to near white in four shades ends up not working very well.

#19 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(Furion @ Jan 16 2010, 11:02 AM) View Post

IPB Image

New palette. Beauty of life. I had a dream last night, with the world in this sense of color. It doesn't really have to look good, its the emotion to be drawn that counts.

I don't think the green on the bottom mountain fits the rest of the pallet, but the rest of the shot is beautiful, especially the water.

#20 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

I suppose I could lessen the saturation of the green. Anyway, Notice the Gasha trees. Thats what I replaced the snow covered ones with.

#21 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:38 PM

You are including both trees, though, right? icon_heh.gif

But I like the palette a bunches! ^^'

#22 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(AgentLym @ Jan 16 2010, 08:38 PM) View Post

You are including both trees, though, right?

No. I am too lazy to add more.

#23 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

Eh... I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not... ^^' But I'm still looking forward to the set! icon_smile.gif

#24 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:26 AM

Im done with the trees. Right now I am just polishing the overworld, by touching up the palettes and maybe a few tile adjustments.

#25 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:03 AM

Like someone else said, I love the contrast of the last shot you posted. I love the grays and the blues, very striking! On the other hand, the earlier shots you posted in your first post I'm not too fond of, and I hate to be a critic, but the pallete of colors remind me of Easter. All the soft colorful tiles. It's too pastel and ... girly. lol sorry icon_lol.gif

#26 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(octorok @ Jan 16 2010, 11:03 PM) View Post

Like someone else said, I love the contrast of the last shot you posted. I love the grays and the blues, very striking! On the other hand, the earlier shots you posted in your first post I'm not too fond of, and I hate to be a critic, but the pallete of colors remind me of Easter. All the soft colorful tiles. It's too pastel and ... girly. lol sorry icon_lol.gif

Please define a manly palette.

#27 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE(Furion @ Jan 17 2010, 01:04 AM) View Post

Please define a manly palette.

You see, a manly pallete is one that has a variety of blacks and grays. No not really. I'm sorry I didn't mean to call them girly. They just evoke an emotion that makes me feel like it's happy, springtime, lots of various colors, and very soft colors at that. You know, like Easter time. Where everything is colored soft blues, pinks, purples, reds, greens, yellows. Just to me, it's not that appealing.

I did go back and examine them more carefully and individually and I like some of them, but some are just too soft on the colors for my taste? icon_sweat.gif I think you're going for the emotion part of the color palletes, and I think it's working cause most of them make you feel a certain way, so you've definitely accomplished that. I'd like to see more pallets look like the last one you shared with the dark blues and dark grays.... something gritty! icon_wink.gif

#28 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:58 AM

I especially like those soft and pastellic colours for they look dreamy and surrealistic. But you are right, they might not work for every area.

#29 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:35 AM

I honestly have no idea how I could create a new palette scene. I mean, I could go with something more fantasy (like Shiek has suggested) but to make anything non bright and vibrant.I don't know.

#30 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:33 AM

I really love some of the palettes. Are they compatible with the DoR palette set up? Coz a few of those would work well in my quest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users