Photo

The Megaman Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

#331 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:43 PM

Re the movie, I would prefer it animated. 2D animation, but 3D is fine too; I can't see a live-action Megaman, it would seem too weird, and most of the robots would probably be CGI anyway if it was live-action, so why not just go all the way to full animation?

Re the X series, I've only played the first two. They're not my cup of tea compared to the Classic series.

• HavoX likes this

#332 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

I've been having a lot of fun playing Megaman X again using the MSU-1 chip on bSNES.

The potential for this chip is staggering.  It even works on actual hardware, if you have SD2SNES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nby1jjC_GVs

• HavoX likes this

#333 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:47 PM

I actually enjoyed X3, but I can understand the mixed reception of it. A review of the game at the Mega Man Home Page claims the music is horrible, which I don't agree, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Edited by HavoX, 05 September 2015 - 06:48 PM.

#334 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:53 PM

Well, the music of X3 really is one of the decent things really, at least is unique. The issue with this game is the hilarious, rushed and uninspired level design and repetitive boss patterns. Also, it has a ton of useless gimmicks like a barely playable Zero. X1-X2 have a ton of unique dynamic levels and attention to detail, X3 pales in comparison.

#335 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:24 PM

I actually enjoyed X3, but I can understand the mixed reception of it. A review of the game at the Mega Man Home Page claims the music is horrible, which I don't agree, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Depends, the PS1 version mauled the soundtrack in horrible ways.  The SNES version though had the music right.

• HavoX likes this

#336 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:54 PM

Megaman & Bass is a pain with Megaman .-. The 8 bit games are a breeze compared with this freaking inferno >.>

• HavoX likes this

#337 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:01 PM

Megaman & Bass is a pain with Megaman .-. The 8 bit games are a breeze compared with this freaking inferno >.>

With either actually.  Bass is MUCH harder to fight the end game bosses with.

#338 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:40 PM

Perfect King is actually very easy as Bass. :P (to be honest though, it took me several tries if not a few years, but now I can beat him without taking too much damage)

It was Wily that was a big challenge for me.

#339 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:10 AM

Perfect King is actually very easy as Bass. :P (to be honest though, it took me several tries if not a few years, but now I can beat him without taking too much damage)

It was Wily that was a big challenge for me.

It's getting to him that's hard but yes, he's not impossibly hard himself.  I was more talking about the bosses leading up to him though.  Especially the one with the blinding lights and the platforms.  Mega Man gets tons of platforms to manuever on.  Bass, you have to double jump and hope not to get unlucky with bright light spawns, and where you land.

• HavoX likes this

#340 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:38 PM

So, it was true, Rockman 4 Minus Infinity is a must play =O Lol. My apologies to Moosh & Russ, I dismissed this rom hack very quickly. The start was weird, it's very different compared to the standard Megaman game, specially the music xD  The tone and overall vibe fit the chaotic gameplay, I suppose, and the game has a ton of epic laughs. The castles were awesome.

rockman4_mi_MMC5-32.png

Edited by Air Luigi, 20 October 2015 - 06:42 PM.

• Russ and HavoX like this

#341 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:57 PM

What's this? Air Luigi liked Minus Infinity? Surely I'm dreaming.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad you liked it. It's certainly different than a typical Megaman game, but I really love it, especially the castle stages. I could rave about it for a long time, but suffice to say, it's good.

If you want another Megaman hack that's pretty fun and a bit more traditional, Moosh and I both liked Rock Force quite a lot.
  • Air Luigi likes this

#342 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:57 PM

If you want a hilarious but still good Megaman fan game, try Mega Man Dongs. (no, really)

#343 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

Rock Force is great and one of the most polished fan games out there. But the boss AI had big problems. I should replay it now that the author has apparently fixed that (and added a lot more content on top of it).

#344 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:18 PM

Lol, R4MI in hard is insane............. 8-D 

I lost the count of how many runs I did these days. I will try a "megabuster-only" run now (with default settings, of course).

#345 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:24 AM

d00d!!!! Look up Megaman Super Fighting Robot Fan Game. You won't regret it. Its on par with Rock Force and Unlimited. Great game!

• Anarchy_Balsac likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users