Announcement Regarding the Status of My Breakfast

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 27 September 2023 - 10:53 AM

though i would consider breakfast to be my favorite meal of the day, i find it quite a hassle to get up and cook myself a nice, holistic meal while i'm still tired. i'm not a morning person. as such, i typically resort to eating just a cereal bar. my ideal breakfast would probably consistent of some over easy eggs, toast, breakfast sausage or bacon (depending on my mood) and some home fries. quite a bit of carbs, i know, but i don't mind.

due to my own laziness though (as well as current financial situation), i've been content to eat one of these cereal bars every morning. they're from trader joe's and they're part of a "___ walks into a bar..." series; in my case, i buy the blueberry flavor, so it reads "a blueberry walks into a bar...". this is a play on the typical "x walks into a bar" joke setup with which we're all familiar, and it's a quaint little play on words if i do say so myself. it seems to fit in quite nicely with the rest of the trader joe's brand.

i awoke today to realize i only had one of these bars left. i ate, and then had none of left. this might seem like a pretty pressing issue, but fortunately i live next to a trader joe's. i can walk there in about 4-5 minutes. i usually prefer to buy more before i completely run out, but i intentionally don't buy a large stock of them so that i have an excuse to get up and walk occasionally. i've been trying to curate a more active lifestyle, so little habits like this here and there are helpful towards being more mobile in general.

unfortunately, however, i didn't even walk to trader joe's there. my wife and i had to bring our cat to vet (he's ok, he just needed a vaccine), and so we stopped at trader joe's on the way home. this alleviated the problem of the lack of cereal bars in our household, but did not address the issue of my desire to walk more and curate an active lifestyle. it may seem like all is lost today, but as it turns out, we're going to the zoo later. this will entail a large amount of walking - far more than simply walking to and from trader joe's.

of course, all this walking will inevitably make me hungry, thus increasing the need for more cereal bars. i would say this is something of a sisyphean task, but all in all, it's not a big deal. breakfast is okay, and it seems like it will be okay for the foreseeable future.

• ShadowTiger, Anthus, Taco Chopper and 6 others like this

#2 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 27 September 2023 - 11:14 AM

i would say this is something of a sisyphean task

20230919_132958.jpg?ex=6515a6cb&is=65145

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 27 September 2023 - 11:19 AM

though i would consider breakfast to be my favorite meal of the day, i find it quite a hassle to get up and cook myself a nice, holistic meal while i'm still tired. 

I read this as a "nice, hostile meal"

• ShadowTiger likes this

#4 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 September 2023 - 11:35 AM

#5 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 27 September 2023 - 11:50 AM

though i would consider breakfast to be my favorite meal of the day, i find it quite a hassle to get up and cook myself a nice, holistic meal while i'm still tired. i'm not a morning person. as such, i typically resort to eating just a cereal bar.

I would eat nature's valley bars a lot as a breakfast and sometimes would just make a ziplock bag of cheerios for work

#6 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 27 September 2023 - 04:56 PM

have u tried this kickass diet called the "Drink coke at 7 AM/first thing in the morning for breakfast", it'll rock your socks off. 

Edited by Majora, 27 September 2023 - 04:56 PM.

#7 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 27 September 2023 - 05:28 PM

have u tried this kickass diet called the "Drink coke at 7 AM/first thing in the morning for breakfast", it'll rock your socks off. 

yeah

#8 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 27 September 2023 - 05:47 PM

this whole incident got me to look at this website for the first time in two years

• Magi_Hero, Taco Chopper, Deedee and 1 other like this

#9 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 September 2023 - 06:21 PM

Hey there are certain cuisines that eat live squid. They tend to be a hostile meal.

#10 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators

Posted 27 September 2023 - 08:14 PM

this whole incident got me to look at this website for the first time in two years

There's still time for you, run away while you still can

#11 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 27 September 2023 - 09:17 PM

There's still time for you, run away while you still can

from teh profit of teh clams!!!!11

I've been registered here nearly 20 years and I will reference old shitposts and memes from 2004 tyvm

#12 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 27 September 2023 - 09:19 PM

I had milo for breakfast. It was pretty good! I usually prefer toast, but honestly been on a milo kick lately. Not to be confused with the milo drink which I always have.

#13 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 28 September 2023 - 02:55 AM

Coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

EDIT:

...scream for the cream!

Edited by Bagu, 28 September 2023 - 03:05 AM.

• Magi_Hero likes this

#14 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 October 2023 - 05:04 PM

My breakfasts tend to be sparse. For the longest time I just didn't eat them at all, due to a lack of time in the mornings. But as my transportation situation has changed over the years, I've found myself with more time in the mornings I can use to eat something, even if it takes me a lot longer to get to work.

due to my own laziness though (as well as current financial situation), i've been content to eat one of these cereal bars every morning. they're from trader joe's and they're part of a "___ walks into a bar..." series; in my case, i buy the blueberry flavor, so it reads "a blueberry walks into a bar...". this is a play on the typical "x walks into a bar" joke setup with which we're all familiar, and it's a quaint little play on words if i do say so myself. it seems to fit in quite nicely with the rest of the trader joe's brand.

Somewhat similarly to your cereal bars, I find I've taken a liking to the belVita breakfast biscuits. They're available at pretty much every grocery store around me, which makes it really convenient to get more, although I tend to stick to picking them up from Walmart because that's where they seem to be the cheapest. I like to pick up a few different flavors to keep things varied, though I have a strong preference for blueberry and brown sugar cinnamon.

Today's breakfast was pretty unusual, though! A friend of mine came by to help me out with some tasks early in the morning, so we ended up running into Wawa to pick up something there. It was early enough in the morning to the point they didn't have their premade sandwiches and other food out yet, so I just ended up ordering a chicken sandwich because my other favorite options weren't available to me yet. It was a bit nostalgic, I remember doing this a few other times a few years back when I was volunteering at an event and I picked up the same sandwich. Unfortunately, I didn't really sleep too well the night before, so I needed something caffeinated to help get me started. I ended up picking up one of those resealable 24-ounce cans of Monster as I didn't want the entire thing right away, but a portion of it certainly did a great job at waking me up so I could get moving! I wouldn't recommend it as an every day breakfast, but once in a while it's nice to mix things up.

We ended up getting a lot done today. I'd say breakfast is pretty good, there's something nice about taking a moment to enjoy a nice meal when you start your day off, and doubly so if you have the opportunity to share the experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users