The Islands of Zelda

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the tips. I've already recorded episode 13 (it should be up tonight) and I think I might have found that last bullet point on my own (although I didn't actually complete the dungeon)

Edited by GrantGreif, 21 January 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#32 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

...never mind

Edited by GrantGreif, 22 January 2015 - 11:59 AM.

#33 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

Episode 13 - Distracted

http://youtu.be/vg5qkNSH6y4

Watch where you're walking or else you might fall into an ice cave.

#34 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:02 AM

I just wanted to point out this: There's a potion shop very close to level 6!  Look for the bombable mountain wall on the screen where the rocks are falling down.  It will save you a lot of time rather than going way far back to get potions. (Besides, don't forget that there's a potion shop on Egalos Island southeast from where you start on the overworld, so you could've just gone there rather than Mount Island; it probably would've been shorter.)

In Longshot Isle Sewer, yes, the boots are required to get that heart piece.  I had to increase the floor's damage because of brave souls like you that try to damage-walk their way right through damaging floor tiles!  :sweat: :heh:

Good job finding the Ice Cavern! :D  You can beat it now if you want to, or you could wait until you have the red ring (which might make it easier).

- In those rooms with the regular blocks blocking you from going north/south, use the item you get in the dungeon on the ice block(s) in the room to make the regular blocks move.

***FYI: Since it's an Ice Cavern, that water is freezing!!!  Some parts of it will hurt you, the other parts will just block your progress. (It wasn't a bat that hit you near the beginning of the cavern; you walked into the single patch of freezing water.)

- In the room you died at, you're supposed to push an ice block through the freezing water to open a walkable path.

- That other locked door (the one with a monster face on it) is a boss-lock door.  Continue the direction you were going to find the boss key.

- After opening the boss door (and after beating a room full of wizzrobes), you will come to a room with a warp.  Follow that warp; it opens up a shortcut to the main entrance (so you don't have to beat all the wizzrobes every time).

If you get back to the Ice Palace in your next episode, here's what I have to say:

- That room you haven't visited isn't bombable from the south (as you saw in this episode), but from the room to the east (immediately to the right of it on the map).

- If you download the update that just posted yesterday, you won't have to beat those Armos enemies in the room below the boss every time; it'll just take one arrow shot (on a trigger in the room somewhere) to remove the statues.

- If you finally beat level 6, the clue to looking for level 7 is to backtrack to find hookshot targets you haven't used yet. ;)

Good luck! :D  And don't forget what I said about the potion shops. ;)

#35 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

Episode 14 - Dungeon Hunt

http://youtu.be/zPHCozaRuv8

Not all Gohmas are created equal...

#36 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:56 AM

Dude, you passed right by it! :augh:  You used the hammer and entered the stair warp ring (which is good to have found, BTW) but you should've gone to the west from that screen.

If you pause the episode halfway between 13:42 and 13:43, when you start viewing the overworld map, you'll see the area that you overlooked.  It's got two hookshot targets out in the open.  (You just haven't been there in a while.)

In case you still don't get it, here's where you go:

As long as you find the area I'm talking about, here's what to expect:

• The first underground passage has a hidden 200-rupee item.  You might need it for a shop up ahead.  It's hidden beyond a walkable cave wall.
  • The island you come to looks like a character known as a Gorblin (the name of which was taken from Goriya and Moblin).  Use the candle when you reach the Gorblin's hand.
  • There are "Water Gohma" shells on this island.  Look for the shell with its eye open; there's something hidden behind that eye.
  • Don't let the magic Octoroks scare you away forever!  There's a hidden heart piece on the screen that has 4 magic Octoroks on it.  If you approach it just right (from the left), you can get it without the Octoroks even touching you (unless you don't watch for their magic beams, that is).
  • In the second underground passage you come to, there's an important item needed for accessing level 7 that's also hidden beyond a walkable cave wall.
  • Level 7 has 3 major items, one of which will allow you to visit any island on the map! :bounce: Exploration, here we come!  (After you get it, of course.  :lazy:)
  • In level 7, don't feel bad if you haven't visited every room on the minimap.  There's a sizable section that's only accessible with an item you get later.

I guess that should do it for now.  Good luck in level 7! :D

#37 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:02 AM

Episode 15 - Why Did It Have To Be Cracktoroks

http://youtu.be/kHupSDaxV3w

"Play a ZC quest" they said.
"It'll be fun" they said.

#38 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

Episode 16 - Metal Gear Batrobe

http://youtu.be/X8uPBOqlvTY

The wizzrobes' cloaks now have cloaking devices.

#39 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:15 AM

Episode 17 - Professor GrantGreif

http://youtu.be/HJU45oDuGEA

It takes a lot of school to properly get zerg-rushed by bats and ultimately get nothing done.

#40 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

GrantGrief, I PM'ed you about the wallet.  About the Wind Wizzrobes, well, that'll take some work on my part to make a shortcut past them.  However, you seemed to be able to get them eventually.  I liked, in the previous episodes, that you used the hammer to kill them quickly; I do realize, however, that it doesn't have the same swing as the sword, so whatever works for you. :heh:

• Now, about the Bat Wizzrobes, leave them alone!!!  Seriously, you do not need to kill them!  Just bypass them.  I think you already went south and beat up some dark knights darknuts to get a key that you used on a door to the north.  Go north from that room and you'll eventually get to a room where the Whistle is held.
  • In the Pols Voice room, notice your ladder gets placed on that tile when you walk over it?  Remember what the ladder normally covers? ;)  That should give you enough hint.  (You actually almost said it in episode 17, except that the secret trigger does not involve that tile.)  At any rate, that's for much later in the level, after you have a couple of dungeon items.
  • Once you have the flippers, you can access a couple of bombable walls.  They should be pretty obvious at that point.  One is to the hidden Goriya room.
  • BTW, you might wanna' visit Sheltered Island again (the one through the passageway in the Gorblin's hand) after you get the wallet. ;)

Good luck!   :)  Read my PM and you should be back on track.

P.S. Good job finding the hidden 200-rupee item! :D  Too bad you didn't have the wallet at that point, though... :sorry:

Edited by Lightwulf, 17 February 2015 - 07:49 PM.

#41 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for the help.  At this point, killing the Wizzrobes was more or less something I wanted to know I was able to do.

Episode 18 - Dress for Success

http://youtu.be/0L6uvat048Q

Wearing red clothes can make you go from getting killed by vampire wizards to finding magical whistles.

#42 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

:bounce:  :clap: Glad to see you got the red ring finally!  And the whistle, too.  :D  :approve:

• Look for other Triforce symbols like the ones in the Bat Wizzrobe room.  You can use the whistle on all of them.  (BTW, not sure if you remember, but weren't there some of those symbols in the boss room of level 2? ;) )
  • Don't forget:  After you get the flippers, look for a couple of bombable walls you can swim to.  Also, you'll be able to get the boss key with the flippers.
  • If you beat level 7, you might want to swim in the direction that the Gorblin is pointing. ... Or not; there's plenty to explore besides that.

Good luck!  I'm looking forward to your next episode.  :)

Edited by Lightwulf, 21 February 2015 - 09:04 AM.

#43 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:53 PM

Episode 19 - Flipped Off

https://youtu.be/pW3w5gnJgJM

Sorry this one took so long. I've been having a lot of issues in my personal and school life, but I'm hoping to be able to get back on a consistent schedule soon.

Edited by GrantGreif, 18 March 2015 - 01:40 PM.

#44 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:18 AM

(Sorry it's taken me so long to review this.  Been busy with school and such, as well.)

BTW, (some of) the screens that you said there was "absolutely nothing" on (south of Big Island), there actually was something.  Try pushing the rocks. ;)

You can now find the level 3 sword (without buying it)!  It's on a screen on Big Island that you haven't been able to reach before.  (The secret is revealed by talking to a man in blue in the Sheltered Island shop (where you bought the red ring).)

Where to go next?  Try following the direction that the Gorblin (Island) is pointing.  Also, you might want to check out an island just to the south of Gorblin Island.

Other than that, just explore, explore, explore! :)  You still have the majority of the second overworld map to explore (the one that Gorblin Island is on).

(BTW, that block thing in level 7, after playing the whistle, I gotta' fix that. :heh:  I didn't mean to put a flashing block combo there.)

Edit:

I just pushed an update with that level 7 block bug fixed.  (I also put a couple more hidden goodies on the overworld.  If you follow what I say above, you should be able to find them. ;) )

Edited by Lightwulf, 24 March 2015 - 03:15 PM.

#45 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

Episode 20 - Disability Awareness

https://youtu.be/4uZ74WIaKz4

There's nothing more fun than when buttons don't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users