When do you comment (and rate) quests?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:12 PM

I commented and rated quests after ending(s).But I deleted them.Because I think my comments don't provide one with useful information. icon_doh.gif

Edited by Nameless, 10 April 2008 - 10:17 PM.

#2 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:30 PM

I comment on a quest once I think I can accurately gauge the quality of it. Sometimes, this is before Level 1, and sometimes, it's not till mid or late levels.

#3 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:45 PM

I usually wait until I'm well into the quest before I rate a quest, because this is the only way I feel I can accurately and honestly rate a quest.

#4 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:12 AM

When I did play quests, I'd wait until I beat it before rating. And, to my knowledge, I've beaten maybe only one or two. I never really played them that much.

#5 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:35 AM

I usually rate only after I beat a quest and try to provide a really useful rating. There was one time when the comment space wasn't enough long, so I needed to drastically shorten my comment. It was at Lost Isle.

BUT if I stuck in a quest because difficulty, I still play it (and comment on the too high difficulty level), as it was with MMDWR:DC. I finished HoD many times (lost count) but at first I didn't think I could finish it, so I commented before I finished it.

I don't remember any examples, but theoretically I also rate if I get bored by the quest at some point.

#6 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:00 AM

Hmm, many players rate before ending?

Edited by Nameless, 11 April 2008 - 08:42 PM.

#7 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:18 AM

I rate quests before I'm done, as simply getting to level 3 or 5 tells something about the questmaker. It's a "deep" thing really. icon_razz.gif

#8 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:59 PM

Well, I only rate quests that are recommended to me by someone I trust. I do this because, quite simply, my bar is too high for most quests. I'm one of those who expects cut scenes, good storyline, balanced gameplay, etc, etc. In short I DEMAND professionalism before I rate it. So far, there's only been four quests that I've decided I'll rate, and I'm obviously not going to say which those are here to avoid hurt feelings. One of those quests, though, as you can already see, is Hero of Dreams.

Bah, I'll not say anymore. I've probably already come off sounding like an elitist.

#9 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

I beat the game before I rate it, unless it is so bad that I can't beat it. But I do usually wait to beat the game, which is why I haven't rated LI yet. But yeah, it is one of my pet peeves to see ratings on a game that people haven't really played. It bothers me a lot. >_<

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

I'm guilty of commenting on many quests before I finished them, and it's not for lack of skill to beat them. But I haven't rated a quest in a very long time, because I rarely play quests now. icon_unsettled.gif

#11 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:36 AM

I hate it when people rate quests before they have finished them, or gotten far enough (that is, furhter than Lv1 you silly people!). But I gotta admit I'm guilty of rating quests before finishing them as well... but usually I give a 5 star rating to a promising looking quest to cheer those newcomer questmakers up, so I guess that's not as wrong as giving a 1 start rating to a quest you have only played 5 minutes. icon_smile.gif

#12 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:19 AM

I rate+comment on quest when I've seen enough of it.
At some quest that is playing untill the ending, but some while/after LVL1(for example) or even after the first few screens.

#13 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:32 AM

I don't really rate quests because I don't play them much icon_shrug.gif

I rate tiles and tilesets though, mostly just the new submissions to say what I think of them.
If I don't have much of an opinion, then I won't bother.

#14 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:45 AM

I rate quests after I play a little bit of them. Maybe the first dungeon.

#15 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:40 AM

I rate them when I've finished them. I've beaten a few, and have commented on very few.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users