Suntower Tileset

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

I want to rip the suntower items into pure, and the suntower tileset isn't going into zquest, so can someone post screenshots of the item pages? Thank you. (I hope this is in the right forum.)

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

Do exactly what you usually do with images. Click "Grab" in the tilepages and choose Sun Tower. Alternatively, click "import graphics pack" and choose Sun Tower. This is the same like there was a "Sun Tower.qst" file and you opened it.

#3 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:44 PM

Now it says it needs a password...

#4 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Mar 9 2008, 02:35 PM) View Post

Do exactly what you usually do with images. Click "Grab" in the tilepages and choose Sun Tower. Alternatively, click "import graphics pack" and choose Sun Tower. This is the same like there was a "Sun Tower.qst" file and you opened it.

He doesn't have the image files to rip from, CC. That's what he's asking for. Also, importing an entire graphics pack will change every combo in the quest. It's not usually a viable option unless a tileset is made with upgrading in mind (such as DoR 1.9 and New BS 3.0).

ZebraStallion:

Have you tried installing an earlier version of ZQuest? Maybe that way you can get into the QST file to take those snapshots.

#5 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Mar 19 2008, 11:47 PM) View Post

He doesn't have the image files to rip from, CC. That's what he's asking for.

It's possible to rip from .ZGPs in the exact same way like from .BMPs, except that "R" doesn't work AND it never crashes ZC. I already you about this when I explained how will I rip from DoR2.0 into old DoR. Even now, I'm ripping the new snow tiles n the exact same way. How else could I tear so many tilesets apart and stuff them into my .QST file? Taking screenshots would have taken ages...

#6 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Mar 19 2008, 03:53 PM) View Post

It's possible to rip from .ZGPs in the exact same way like from .BMPs, except that "R" doesn't work AND it never crashes ZC. I already you about this when I explained how will I rip from DoR2.0 into old DoR. Even now, I'm ripping the new snow tiles n the exact same way. How else could I tear so many tilesets apart and stuff them into my .QST file? Taking screenshots would have taken ages...

All he really needs are item sprites, though. That might be just a few pages.

Do ZGP files display correct color when grabbing? I know TIL files don't...

#7 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Mar 20 2008, 02:11 AM) View Post

All he really needs are item sprites, though. That might be just a few pages.

Do ZGP files display correct color when grabbing? I know TIL files don't...

No, grabbing from ZGP doesn't trigger a palette ripping or a CSet fix. Not even you can't rip with correct colours, but you can't even view how it would look on the correct palette. So, whenever I grabbed from a ZGP, I needed to recolour everything I ripped. I think I also need to view those tiles in the correct palette, so I can decide better that which tiles are good. However, for upgrading DoR, this is the only humanistic way.

#8 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:15 AM

Sounds to me like it'd be less trouble to simply open the .ZGP in ZQuest and save a .QST to make screenshots from.

#9 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:17 AM

Castchaos is right, I just simply grabbed the DoR 2.0 file and ripped the tiles in my old prerelease, so that's possible.

#10 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

Oh, I just don't know. I like dealing with actual images because I'm well-versed in manipulating images for ZC in Paintshop Pro, and I like having something I can edit outside ZQuest if necessary. icon_razz.gif Paintshop's a lot less buggy than ZQuest, I'll tell you that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users