Beta 758 large mode

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:45 PM

How do I change it back to "normal?" Unchecking large doesn't work. icon_confused.gif

#2 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

I believe someone has done it in this thread.

#3 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:52 PM

This is what it says in the ZC change log website:

Use -small to revert to the previous mode. If you used scaling before, you may need to use '-scale 1' to allow the new large mode to work for you

What does that mean? What's -small?

#4 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:30 PM

It's a command line switch. For windows, typically you would make a shortcut and then in the properties dialog, type in "-small" after the name of the executable.

Also, this is part of the process of hopefully phasing out the smaller interface altogether. We'll be retooling most all of the dialogs for this purpose in the coming days.

#5 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(jman2050 @ Feb 29 2008, 07:30 PM) View Post

It's a command line switch. For windows, typically you would make a shortcut and then in the properties dialog, type in "-small" after the name of the executable.

Also, this is part of the process of hopefully phasing out the smaller interface altogether. We'll be retooling most all of the dialogs for this purpose in the coming days.

I'm lost. Where is the properties dialouge?

#6 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:51 PM

1. Right click on the ZC or ZQ executable.
2. Go to the "Send To" menu, click on "Desktop (create shortcut)". A shorctut to zquest.exe or zelda.exe should appear on the desktop.
3. Right click on the shorcut, and click on Properties.
4. In the Target text box, there should be the path to access the program executable. It should be in quotes. Within the quotes, at the end of the program name ("zelda.exe" or "zquest.exe") type in a space, and then type the following:

-small

Now click OK. Try starting ZC/ZQuest from the shortcut on your desktop now and you should have your problem fixed.

#7 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

Okay, thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

#8 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

You could use this i made this untill ZCL is updated to work and as soon as that is done i will revmove this from my website.
So ok Devience i'm only made this so pepole can sacle in the new build it's not like last time and i will revmove the file from my webspce as soon as you update it.

http://billyronald.g...Lisupdaated.exe

#9 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:28 PM

It took me very long to figure this out. I hate large mode. I mean it is cool, however, you can't see anything. I am trying to edit tiles and the window for the tilepage is like an 8th of the window. The Map on the bottom is so small, it is just a huge turn off as it was made so you can make things quicker, but finding everything with a magnifying glass takes longer. The only reason why I am complaining is in Large Mode, you can see there is room for everything, however, in my opinion, the boarders are too big, some of the buttons are too big, and others are too small. I am face to face with my laptop window and I can't see anything. :/

#10 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:28 AM

^ yeah it took me awhile to figure it out also. And oh how I wish the windows that you open were bigger! Mainly the tile sheet, why is it so small? icon_confused2.gif

#11 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:31 AM

Wait to complain about large mode after we finish it. Until then, notes on improvements would be nice. The current design is not final obviously, but I refuse on principle alone to limit the editor to 320x240 any longer.

#12 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:37 AM

so I can take it from what you just said the tile page might be made bigger?
That so far is my only concern for the large mode. Because I hardly use it to know what it has already and what it doesn't. But I can say I like the way you can see the next screen So its easier to align the tiles with out guessing.

Edited by ennonfenom, 02 March 2008 - 01:38 AM.

#13 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE(ennonfenom @ Mar 2 2008, 01:37 AM) View Post

so I can take it from what you just said the tile page might be made bigger?
That so far is my only concern for the large mode. Because I hardly use it to know what it has already and what it doesn't. But I can say I like the way you can see the next screen So its easier to align the tiles with out guessing.

Every dialog in the editor will hopefully be made bigger and more informative/functional. They're small now because, obviously, they're still designed with a 320x240 screen in mind. Dark Nation is working on the new Tile Editor Dialog I believe. I'm going to start working on it also once the issues/additions to the main game engine are addressed.

#14 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:16 AM

I guess I'm old school but I really like the small mode. I extremely dislike large mode and unless it gets magically made better I'm not going to be very happy with it. Is small mode still going to be an option?

#15 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:24 AM

Wait to complain about large mode after we finish it. Until then, notes on improvements would be nice. The current design is not final obviously, but I refuse on principle alone to limit the editor to 320x240 any longer.

Ah okay. I thought that was going to be the official large mode, I didn't know you were planing on changing it as it hasn't changed since I seen it.

Yeah basically the windows and text are just too small. And the map on the corner when moving it to different screens is just really small, too small to see. On the right side there is a lot of room for the combos to be bigger. With those large borders it is just taking up space. So basically, certain things need to be bigger, when the things like the number tabs can be smaller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users