Speedrun

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Joey2216

Joey2216

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

Anyone else here speedrun? I got involved in speedrunning my self in 2012. Started running sm64 and still hang around around that community. I currently run majoras mask and in the process of learning all masks. I also picked up other games like OoT, mk64, skyrim, and probablly a few others.
  • SyrianBallaS likes this

#2 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

I've done a couple speed runs before. My best time in majora"s masks 2 hours and 15 minutes or so. I know its below that. I also do quite a lot of Oot. I got a time under 32 minutes but I can't do that hess. The game I do mainly is super monkey ball 2. My best time is 36 minutes. I also did some of pokemon gold. My fastest time is 4 hours. I haven't done much in the past year since I don't have any way of recording it. Every now and then I will do one of super monkey ball 2. 

• Joey2216 likes this

#3 Joey2216

Joey2216

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:55 PM

I've done a couple speed runs before. My best time in majora"s masks 2 hours and 15 minutes or so. I know its below that. I also do quite a lot of Oot. I got a time under 32 minutes but I can't do that hess. The game I do mainly is super monkey ball 2. My best time is 36 minutes. I also did some of pokemon gold. My fastest time is 4 hours. I haven't done much in the past year since I don't have any way of recording it. Every now and then I will do one of super monkey ball 2.

I also tried to learn windwaker any% Stopped at earth temple. Im decent friends with Geoff the smb runner. Known him since 2012 when he did lp's.

Edited by Joey2216, 17 June 2015 - 05:00 PM.

#4 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:03 PM

Ive done quite a couple speedruns, but nothing too extreme. My best was running though Super Mario Land in about 13 minutes (I dont precisely calculate the time of my runs)

I still cant get the Odd House trick in Paper Mario 64 to work, so I cant get anywhere near the time that I want to for that game :/

Ive also sped through a couple ZC quests, like Light of The Heavens DX and A Short and Simple Platformer

Gotta Go Fast!

• Joey2216 likes this

#5 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:17 PM

Ive also sped through a couple ZC quests, like Light of The Heavens DX and A Short and Simple Platformer

Hey me to! I've only done my quest though. 

#6 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:25 PM

I speedrun portal and portal 2, but I don't use any exploits, so my PBs are very casual-looking. My PB for Portal is under 45 minutes and my PB for portal 2 is under 2:15. Now that my new computer is built though I plan to beat my old PBs.

#7 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

I've never done any speedrunning myself, but I've dreamt of doing Sonic 2 for a while now. I think speedruns are fascinating because there's just a stupid amount of precision involved, and knowing the game mechanics backwards and forwards like that is something I've never fully experienced.

• Logos likes this

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:53 PM

I did speedruns of Ultima Underworld 1 for a while. Took about three to four hours each run. Extremely unofficial, considering how fast the actual record is. Still a hell of a lot faster than the people who play it casually.

#9 Maleboocado

Maleboocado

Gotta go fast!!!!!11

• Members

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:57 PM

The closest to speedrunning I have ever made was obtaining Epona in MM on the first three day cycle after obtaining the ocarina without exploits. It took me three attempts, and on the third one I was very very very close to miss it (I got Epona at 17:45!).

Edited by Maleboocado, 17 June 2015 - 05:58 PM.

• LinkFan212 likes this

#10 Logos

Logos

Gnome Child

• Members

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

I've never tried speenrunning, but I should give it a shot on Super Metroid and Metroid Zero mission. I've heard those are fun games to speedrun!

Spoiler

Edited by Logos, 17 June 2015 - 08:23 PM.

• Joey2216 likes this

#11 Joey2216

Joey2216

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:04 PM

I've never tried speenrunning, but I should give it a shot on Super Metroid and Metroid Zero mission. I've heard those are fun games to speedrun!

Super Metroid is a really good game to speedrun!

• Logos likes this

#12 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:15 AM

Super Metroid is a really good game to speedrun!

Indeed! Kill the animals!
  • Joey2216 and Logos like this

#13 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:12 AM

The only "speedrun" I've done is Z1's 1st quest. I beat the game in about 56 mins with 100% and I was very happy with myself. I might try to speedrun other games, but I think I suit more of a casual gamer lol

• Logos likes this

#14 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:40 PM

Anyone else here speedrun? I got involved in speedrunning my self in 2012. Started running sm64 and still hang around around that community. I currently run majoras mask and in the process of learning all masks. I also picked up other games like OoT, mk64, skyrim, and probablly a few others.

I've speed run many games before, personally though not online. Just for the fun of it.

• Good games to speedrun
    • Mega Man X, games just like it
    • Pretty much any game that has emphasis on speed like Metroid

I only speed run if the game I'm playing is relatively "too easy" just for some extra challenge. 

• LoZ is a bit difficult to speedrun unless you are a master
  • Z3 is pretty easy to speedrun if you played it a few times.

Any game you really like, after playing like 20 times are good for speedrun. 

I haven't really played any new games like that though, last "new" game I played like that was Twilight Princess.

sm64 has emphasis on speed somewhat, so it can be good for speedrunning if you don't want all the stars.

I rarely speedrun.

I wouldn't speedrun Majora's Mask or Skyrim if I were you, I've logged in like 100+ hours in Skyrim and still didn't beat the main quest yet. Plus in Majora's Mask, as well as in Skyrim, there's a huge emphasis on community bonds which speedrunning will ruin. 

If you want to speedrun them, go ahead, it'll just cut out the experience.

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 18 June 2015 - 03:46 PM.

#15 Joey2216

Joey2216

Junior

• Members

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

I've speed run many games before, personally though not online. Just for the fun of it.

• Good games to speedrun
  • Mega Man X, games just like it
  • Pretty much any game that has emphasis on speed like Metroid
[/*]
I only speed run if the game I'm playing is relatively "too easy" just for some extra challenge.
  • LoZ is a bit difficult to speedrun unless you are a master
  • Z3 is pretty easy to speedrun if you played it a few times.
Any game you really like, after playing like 20 times are good for speedrun.
I haven't really played any new games like that though, last "new" game I played like that was Twilight Princess.
sm64 has emphasis on speed somewhat, so it can be good for speedrunning if you don't want all the stars.

I rarely speedrun.

I wouldn't speedrun Majora's Mask or Skyrim if I were you, I've logged in like 100+ hours in Skyrim and still didn't beat the main quest yet. Plus in Majora's Mask, as well as in Skyrim, there's a huge emphasis on community bonds which speedrunning will ruin.

If you want to speedrun them, go ahead, it'll just cut out the experience.
Actually the world redcord for skyrim is very low. The any% (Main quest) is 30 something minutes now. You can use items like bowls / platters to run through walls and allows you to get later quest items very early. And for majoras mask its a good speedgame imo. It just sucks because i run in on gamecube. And the gamecune version tends to freeze a lot. Its just really bad in general.

Edited by Joey2216, 18 June 2015 - 04:59 PM.

• Fabbrizio and Logos like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Speedrun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users