I keep having this recurring dream.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 Stungun

Stungun

Warrior of Light

• Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:28 PM

Augh. How come you people can have dreams like this but I don't? Maybe I should make a mental note of getting to sleep two hours earlier.

Dunno if there's anything about these dreams or if they're strange things happening in the mind; There's a lot of ways to approach dreaming. Through a scientific view and through a mystical view. I'm not about to deny either.

Scientifically speaking, dreams are a way of sorting out your unresolved thoughts in the background, like Windows Scandisk when you shut down improperly. Come to think about it, sleeping with stuff on your mind is probably like shutting down improperly; You've got a lot of scrambled information you still have to think through, so your mind does it while you sleep, on the subconcious level. Science would say that these things happening are just continued flukes of the mind, stimulated by your obsessions; And the attribution of the wind to thinking you're being touched is simply because it's on your mind and you're actively looking for it, things that you would normally just pass off as nothing are suddenly brought to your attention.

However, looking at this from another perspective, this could be more than just coincidence given how many similar situations occur. It might just be a universal thing that our brains click with, but if one believes in the supernatural aspect... this bears personal investigation.

Ultimately, whether it means anything to you, that's up to you.

#32 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(Stungun @ Jun 19 2007, 10:28 PM) View Post

Scientifically speaking, dreams are a way of sorting out your unresolved thoughts in the background, like Windows Scandisk when you shut down improperly. Come to think about it, sleeping with stuff on your mind is probably like shutting down improperly; You've got a lot of scrambled information you still have to think through, so your mind does it while you sleep, on the subconcious level.

I know what you mean, there. You don't know how many times I go to bed thinking about stuff I could've done that day (like Goriya Rebellion, video games, homework, life, etc.). Sometimes, I would need to take some medicine to relax (no, I don't overdose. icon_razz.gif ). So, I shut down my computer properly every time, yet I rarely every shut myself down properly. icon_lol.gif

#33 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE(Stungun @ Jun 19 2007, 09:28 PM) View Post
However, looking at this from another perspective, this could be more than just coincidence given how many similar situations occur. It might just be a universal thing that our brains click with, but if one believes in the supernatural aspect... this bears personal investigation.

Ultimately, whether it means anything to you, that's up to you.

Being a die-hard atheist I don't think dreams are anything supernatural icon_razz.gif "Mystical" dream reading is likely nothing more than an under-documented science. Psychologists can do similar things, but that's neither here nor there.

Similar situations occur because lo and behold we're all the same species (even predominantly the same gender on this forum), our brains are all made of the same stuff, all wired more or less the same, and we act more or less the same as each other too. It's little wonder that our dreams hold common themes (I'm a poet and I didn't know-et!).

I know one thing, and that is has absolutely NOTHING to do with the soul, because I've seen my dog dream, and dogs don't have souls icon_wink.gif

#34 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

June 22, 2007.

I don't think I had the dream last night because I don't remember any elements from last night's dream... except for the girl's face. O_o'

I think I know why this is happening.

I'm lonely as ****!!

I've never had a girlfriend in my life, I've never asked a girl out in my life and I've never come close to doing so. I'm just some nerdy kid that everyone likes because "Will is the only young guy-who-can-fix-anything-on-a-computer" and the fact that I have my site which no one cares to go to. And most everyone thinks it's stupid.

8TH GRADE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND I'VE NEVER COME CLOSE TO GETTING A GIRL. When every one of my friends except for one has. Same ****ing age as me. One's a year younger than me with a girlfriend right now. They all have really nice girlfriends. And I'm just so lonely because I've felt the feeling of love for a girl in the almost-distant past. It was seriously burning love. And with that feeling in my life I was complete. But without it in there I need to "relight" (as in, light those candles in the galley) that feeling that made me so emotionally complete.

Edited by TheMasterSwordsman, 22 June 2007 - 04:21 PM.

#35 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:31 PM

Quite a rant. (No I'm not being sarcastic in any way.) You're what? 13? I am 15 and I've only asked out 3 girls, all of them said no. You shouldn't worry about a girlfriend at your age. Wait till 15-17ish to REALLY start worrying about it. Enjoy what shredded remains of your childhood are left, because the actual teen years (generally 15+) are gonna SUCK. Everyone turns into a *****/ass, and the few that don't are your childhood friends. I'm not gonna go into the whole "Society" rant, but know this: The younger you start off (dating) generally (I've observed) the worse it's gonna be.

#36 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:09 AM

Dude, I'm 17 and I've only had like 2 girlfriends.(I'm working on this one girl right now and shes a total hottie icon_naughty.gif ) Quit fretting about this, there will be a girl and you two will hit it off and stuff and It'll be great. You have your whole life ahead of you and you shouldn't be worrying about this one girl so much.

#37 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:19 AM

Yeah, seriously... you're way too young for it. You'll only end up heartbroken in the end if you try to get a girlfriend now. And I know what it's like to be the lonely guy who knows stuff about computers. Who do you think I am right now? I've been heartbroken a couple times... and you might not be old enough to handle it.

@NoeL: Yeah, I've seen my cat dreaming... because he's moving his legs while he's laying on his side XD.

#38 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:53 AM

I'm 21 and never had a girlfriend... Two said "no" and I didn't have the courage to ask the third (and fourth and fifth...). You are really no-late! Only start being depressed when you don't have a girlfriend at the age of 21... icon_cry.gif

No wonder you have such dreams if you want for a girlfriend so much. May you find your dreamgirl in about 5 years...

#39 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:31 PM

Bringing this topic back up, I had the dream again... in my lightest sleep yet. At summer camp. And I also thought I saw her illusion there as well. Now, if only I knew her for real... *sigh* If only I could relight those emotional candles. If only.

Edited by TheMasterSwordsman, 02 July 2007 - 05:38 PM.

#40 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:45 PM

man... if you can do someway to actually controll yourself in your dreams....
AHEM anyways. (There should be a Dream Forum)
Check some website about dreams.
If you keep on having this dream for quite some time.
you should really try to understand what it is telling you.
If you are in love then...
try to take the girl that you are in love in.
I'm not dream expert but...

maybe you should go check a dream website that tells you what draems mean.

#41 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:04 AM

Dream Moods Dictionary Interpretations

This is a little thing I threw together. THANK YOU INTERNET.

Cruise
To dream that you are on a cruise, represents some emotional journey that you are going through. The dream may also be a pun on "cruising" through situations in your life with ease and little effort.

Girls
To see a girl in your dream, represents your playful, innocent, and childlike nature. Perhaps you have been behaving immaturely.

To dream about a girl that you just met, represents your anxieties and thoughts of whether you had made a good impression on her and what she thought of you. If she told you that she disliked you in the dream, then it may be an excuse for you to dismiss her and not pursue a relationship that is beyond friendship.

Matches
To see or strike a match in your dream, suggests that there is something that you need to ignite and rekindle in your life.

Ocean
To see an ocean in your dream, represents the state of your emotions and feelings. It is indicative of some spiritual refreshment, tranquility and renewal.

To dream that you are traveling across the ocean, signifies new found freedom and independence. You are showing great courage.

Moon
To see the moon in your your dream, represents something hidden, mystery and the feminine aspect of your self. In particular, a full moon signifies completion, whereas a new moon symbolizes new beginnings.

To dream that the moon in odd in any way, signifies infidelity of your lover and disappointments in business.

Candle
To see a burning candle in your dream, signifies that good luck and hope will be coming your way in small and steady amounts. You are in a comfortable stage in your life and may be seeking spiritual enlightenment. Lit candles are also symbolic of intellect, enlightenment, awareness or the search for truth.

To see an unlit candle, denotes that you have feelings or rejection or disappointments. You are not utilizing your fullest potential.

Love
To dream of love of being in love, suggests intense feelings carried over from a waking relationship. It implies happiness and contentment with what you have and where you are in life. On the other hand, you may not be getting enough love in your daily life. We naturally long for the sense to belong and to be accepted.

---------------------------------

*sigh* This makes my head spin but stop spinning abruptly at the same time. icon_aggravated.gif

Edited by TheMasterSwordsman, 03 July 2007 - 11:04 AM.

#42 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:04 PM

You really should launch an all-out-on-girl tactic and get a girlfriend. Ooooor... as I remember, we agreed that you are too young to worry about a girlfriend... maybe you just feel unloved? Make a good quest/tileset or at least a midi and I will love you. In a worse quality way than as a girl could do, of course. Also, if you overhelm yourself with work, you will automatically be less sensitive toward love. (And in reverse, being in love condition decreases your amount of thoughts on work. School doesn'T work the same way.)

#43 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:33 PM

Well, actually. Having a girlfriend at our age (in my area) just means you go to the movies, talk on the phone, and pal around with each other a lot more than you would with other people. And I'm about to ask one out. (As soon as school starts back, I'm on the hunt.)

If this were IRC, I'd be typing...

/me is scared out of his wits, but is still going to do it, even if it means choking himself and waking up in the hospital.

Of course, yeah. I am scared. But who wouldn't be on their first try? Ah well, my astrological sign and my blood type together, I've found out over the years of doing research on myself that I'm the romantic, and caring to other people type. (?!?) Yeah, didn't expect that, but still. This gives me the upper hand, so I have nothing to worry about, so now that I've typed this, I'm thinking, I just have remembered I have nothing to worry about.

#44 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

The dream has apparently been erased from my thoughts.

I will never forget that dream.

#45 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(TheMasterSwordsman @ Jul 8 2007, 11:36 PM) View Post

The dream has apparently been erased from my thoughts.

I will never forget that dream.

Two sentences. They totally contradict each other. I hope that the second one is true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users