• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(EatinCake @ May 17 2007, 08:27 PM) View Post

Do you honestly think a kid like that would honestly have enough balls to go get marijuana? At least the extra effort and time might just give the guys some time to actually consider what they are doing, or even leak and hint towards it blantantly.

A kid like... what? If they're looking to get a gun, obviously they have some sort of 'balls', as you put it. Parents have guns. Kids can get guns from their parents. It's happened before. In some cases, parents have marijuana. Kids get marijuana from their parents. (Don't doubt me on this-- my dad's ex-wife ((who is not my mother, btw)) kept marijuana in their bathroom drawer to help with her depression. Or at least, that's what I think it was for o_O; I was always too nervous to ask. Anyway, my old step brother got into it a few times. He had a bedroom in the basement, so evidence was kept well hidden. I went down there to clean once and found bongs made with pop bottles and straws >__> But back on topic!) And what delinquent who goes out looking for drugs/guns actually considers what they're doing? That's why they get caught; that's why they get in trouble.

#17 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

The law was followed, there is no age restriction. The baby signed it.

#18 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(EatinCake @ May 17 2007, 10:27 PM) View Post

Do you honestly think a kid like that would honestly have enough balls to go get marijuana?

Probably. Depends on the age though, I'm refering to teens.

#19 Katotetu

Katotetu

• Members

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:52 PM

>.>

This is just kind of insane

It's scary, 'cause I LIVE in Illinois.

Now I know I live in the same state as a baby that's legal to carry guns.

#20 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE(Katotetu @ May 17 2007, 08:52 PM) View Post

It's scary, 'cause I LIVE in Illinois.

Well, you bes' watch out for Bubba.

icon_eek.gif

#21 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(GoldenChocobo @ May 17 2007, 10:56 PM) View Post

Well, you bes' watch out for Bubba.

icon_eek.gif

OH DEAR GOD HE'S COMING!!! :O

IPB Image

#22 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Sir Pimpalot @ May 17 2007, 09:09 PM) View Post

OH DEAR GOD HE'S COMING!!! :O

IPB Image

Pimpalot's giving me nightmares!! icon_cry.gif

It'd be scarier if it was pointing it at me.

IPB Image

#23 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:11 AM

Babies with gun permits? I thought that was normal? /sarcasm

I don't have much to say about this... except that Chocobo's post gave me quite a chuckle. icon_razz.gif

Really.
...Really.

Babies with gun permits. I'm completely speechless.

#24 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:28 AM

Once you have a permit, can it get taken away again if you commit a crime or take drugs? Otherwise this is a very quick way to get a gun before you get into any trouble.

#25 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:40 AM

I don't really see a problem with him having a gun permit. It is not like he is going to mass murder someone. His dad mentioned it is going to stay at his grandfathers house until he is fourteen.

My uncle used to have a job training people to get their permits, of course down here you must go through safety **** before you can get ahold of one. But I figured it would be even harder to get one in northern states than here. o_0

#26 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(Daniel @ May 18 2007, 06:40 AM) View Post

I don't really see a problem with him having a gun permit. It is not like he is going to mass murder someone. His dad mentioned it is going to stay at his grandfathers house until he is fourteen.

Eh, this instance itself isn't horribly bad, it's just what it represents. For one, you have to admit that there's no reason to give a baby a gun permit. icon_razz.gif But, really, this shows just what can get through the permit departments. This, and the VTech incident, have shown that people who shouldn't be getting permits, are getting permits. icon_shrug.gif

But really, why in the world would they give a baby a gun permit? This is probably going to be an "oops" moment for Illinois's gun department. icon_heh.gif

#27 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ May 18 2007, 01:57 AM) View Post

Yep. That looks pretty dumb. icon_xd.gif

NO RLY, it's stupid. Number one: why should Great Britain care? Number two (pff ha ha he said number two [/lame joke alert]): a ten month old baby shouldn't even be eligible for a gun permit. icon_unsettled.gif I thought there was an age limit for this... icon_confused2.gif

Uh, BBC = Most successful television network upon this planet. That's why.

#28 Papa

Papa

Disruptive and obnoxious member since 2005

• Members

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:30 AM

Meh, its not so much that the baby got the license, more the fact that we've all been shown just how simple it is for anyone to receive the license. I live in Illinois myself, and Im not too worked up over it, {but you can bet Ill be looking over my shoulder for that toddler!!}. Heh.

To be honest, I have to give some respect to the kid's father and grand-father. They actually did the LEGAL thing and had the kid registered to where he can legally possess the gun, a gift from his grand-father. Now, what if his grand-father were to die BEFORE the kid turned old enough to appreciate and understand the gift, a collectible, valuable firearm??? This way, the memory of his granddad's gesture is kept intact, and there isnt the added hassle of "getting it legal" after he dies.

Besides, as I said, I live in Southern Illinois. I think Id trust a toddler with a firearm BEFORE I would some of the people living here that DO own firearms already icon_razz.gif

~apoetalone~

And, yuh, GoldenChocobo, I LOVE that gif of the baby, heh.....

#29 Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

We are the champions

• Members

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:24 AM

I find this, absolutely,

Cover your eyes people.

****ing goddamn rediculous, it's beyond the boundries of being a disfunctional defect of the human kind, it is an infinite posture of an unnatural decision, this person is obviously a complete ****ing waste of birth, the sperm and egg that this person was generated from didn't even ****ing deserve to exist or be even in consideration of existance, both the salesman and the ****ing father are both examples of things that are beyond flaws and glitches in human creation. This person doesn't deserve hellfires, just pure nonexistance, with his last thoughtset being the worst possible.

#30 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(Hot Water Music man @ May 18 2007, 10:24 AM) View Post

I find this, absolutely,

Cover your eyes people.

****ing goddamn ridiculous, it's beyond the boundaries of being a dysfunctional defect of the human kind, it is an infinite posture of an unnatural decision, this person is obviously a complete ****ing waste of birth, the sperm and egg that this person was generated from didn't even ****ing deserve to exist or be even in consideration of existence, both the salesman and the ****ing father are both examples of things that are beyond flaws and glitches in human creation. This person doesn't deserve hellfires, just pure nonexistence, with his last thoughtset being the worst possible.

O__o; I realize that giving a baby a license for a gun was irrational, but there's no need to say things like that. Deciding that someone doesn't have the right to exist, that they're a waste of space is a little extreme, don't you think? Sure, it's ridiculous to give a baby a gun permit when it doesn't even know what a gun is, but do you really think they'll let him use it before the age of twelve? You'd think that they'd at least have some common sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users