What do you do when you can't sleep?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:58 PM

When I can't sleep, I get my laptop and chat in bed.
QUOTE(Hunter P Brown @ Apr 4 2007, 08:21 AM) View Post

I usually drink a can of pepsi. That helps me sleep. They say caffeine keeps you awake, but it seems to have an opposite effect on me for some reason. It's like my coffee and my sleep aid. Two for the price of one. lol.

That's the case with some people; a friend at school has that condition. Unfortunately, I don't know what it's called.

#17 Deepfreeze

Deepfreeze

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:16 AM

Try listening to Coldplay. (oh, snap)

In all seriousness, I have that problem too, sometimes, and we never have any medicine to deal with it. It's usually just after I wake up late on weekends, though, so my solution is to be proactive rather than reactive. My study skills teacher would be proud.

Edited by Deepfreeze, 05 April 2007 - 12:19 AM.

#18 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:24 AM

do 20 jumping jack 50 push ups and run for 20 minutes then get drunk as per age limits, in your area. that should work if not just stay up and do what ever till you fall asleep. and really just relax and clear your head close your eyes and don't don't think about any thing that should work!

#19 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:23 AM

I certainly don't have a usual pattern to what I do. Monotony drives me crazy. (sometimes I skip school just to walk places I've never been before).

When I can't fall asleep, I try to find something unusual to occupy the time. It's almost 4:30 AM right now and I haven't been able to fall asleep.
Here's what I've been doing tonight:

IPB Image

I blame ennonfenom for encouraging me. icon_teehee.gif

Now I'm off to make some vegan pancakes as an early breakfast before I get ready for school.

#20 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE(Daiv @ Apr 4 2007, 11:37 PM) View Post

Dude, classical, A:Bores, and B: Induces headaches for me. This is coming from a metal fan. I feel like the easiest music to sleep to is any soft song by a hard band.

Does "classical music" bore you now? icon_wink.gif

Baroque and roll is king.

#21 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:46 AM

The times when I can't get to sleep are those when I've been doing something like gaming just before I get to sleep. I find what works best for me is to relax and not get all "high" in the hour or so before I want to go to sleep. Also, don't eat just before going to bed.

#22 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:44 PM

I just do stuff until I feel tired. Sometimes it gets really late, but I figure that if I'm not tired that going to bed is useless because I'm not one of those people that can just hit an invisible switch and fall asleep.

#23 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:51 PM

yeah I usaly can't sleep when i was play/working on a game before bed so dont do anything like that for about 30 to 40 minutes before bed.

(sharon daniel) I certainly don't have a usual pattern to what I do. Monotony drives me crazy. (sometimes I skip school just to walk places I've never been before).

When I can't fall asleep, I try to find something unusual to occupy the time. It's almost 4:30 AM right now and I haven't been able to fall asleep.
Here's what I've been doing tonight: I blame ennonfenom for encouraging me. icon_teehee.gif

Hey you wanted to do it I just merely, Told you how. Make sure too keep it clear, and I would get a stainless steal stud in that soon
because it can cause gang green. Just refer back to my tutorial on how to do this. And the school mite make you take it out. I had that happen a lot at school!

Any ways do stuff physical, instead of game's and such and that should work!

#24 Flaming_idiot_dude

Flaming_idiot_dude

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Apr 4 2007, 12:39 AM) View Post

I kinda do a lot of thinking in bed, like quests, college, that sort of thing. I also read some video game instruction booklets or play a DS game or something.

EXACTLY the same as me.

#25 The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Adept

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:23 AM

I play halo until I get bored of it or until I get caught (my moms computer) I play ZC sometimes. I mess up pictures of my friends with photoshop lol. I post on PureZC as many of you have seen recently. I eat usually like 3 sandwiches when I can't sleep.
I can't sleep at this very moment I am listening 2 MCR WHILE posting on DS and THINKING about starting up my server.
I would mess with Photoshop but I have no pictures I haven't ruined.
SOME1 GIVE ME A PIC 4 the LOVE OF GOD!

I also get further in any games I am currently playing.
right now I am working on Chaos Theory. I hate that each mission is 1 objective icon_frown.gif doesn't let u think ahead cuz theres no need.
waaaay 2 short of mission objective...things

this concludes your broadcast day

#26 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:52 AM

Everyone. Playing videogames because you cannot sleep IS WRONG! It does. Not. Work.

#27 The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Adept

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:00 AM

I play video games not 2 go to sleep but BECAUSE I can't sleep

#28 Stungun

Stungun

Warrior of Light

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:00 AM

Sleep? What do you mean, sleep? icon_razz.gif

When I was younger, I listened to classical music a lot and I never had problems sleeping...you know, if I had even HALF a bit of common sense in my brain, I'd start listening to it with my bedside radio again. Wow Limzo, you reminded me of something I should start doing again. It might cure my problem of being up in bed for a couple of hours before I finally fall asleep. I just can not force myself asleep.

Nyquil, in just a small dose will definitely work, but I don't drink that unless I actually have a cold, or something similar going on. The stuff has alcohol and sleep aids in it, so it's no wonder you fall asleep fast and hard.

What really gives me troubles sleeping is when I have stuff on my mind. I was once up until five AM in the morning because I was worried about something and I couldn't sleep until I did something about it. When I'm concerned or anxious about something, not even elephant tranquilizers could knock me out.

One time, I forgot to take out the garbage one evening, and I remembered it in the middle of the night - around 3 AM in the morning. (The garbage man only comes once a week and I only have one large garbage container) So I pulled myself out of bed, put on my clothes, and marched the garbage can out to the curb late at night, to find a guy and a girl just outside the neighbors' front door, looking at me. I said nothing and merely returned home after a few awkward moments.

I'm pretty sure they were already outside by the time I'd gotten out of bed, anyways. It makes me wonder just what they were doing outside in front of their home, at 3 AM in the morning... though I have an idea. XD At least I had an explanation with me (in the form of an oversized garbage can... icon_razz.gif)

#29 Dete

Dete

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:12 AM

If I can't sleep I usually just lay in bed and wait. Sometimes it doesn't take that long for that to work, but if I can't get comfortable it seems to take forever. The other night it took a couple of hours and was nearly one a.m. before I fell asleep.

I found another way to make myself sleep yesterday too. I was watching a program on the Discovery Channel. Zzzzzzz.....I was out.

#30 Aegis Runestone

Aegis Runestone

Cecil Harvey - Paladin

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:01 AM

When I can't sleep, I pick up my MP3 player and listen to "Final Fantasy X - Illusion" - that usually puts me to sleep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users